[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /tv/ think about complete Stargate reboot? http://
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: tealc.jpg (8 KB, 432x318) Image search: [Google]
tealc.jpg
8 KB, 432x318
What does /tv/ think about complete Stargate reboot?
http://io9.gizmodo.com/roland-emmerich-is-rebooting-the-stargate-universe-from-1782242309
>>
>>71002710
It could be a much needed "breath of fresh air" or it could just kill everything interesting about the franchise entirely. I honestly don't see a middle ground.
>>
>>71002860
Also, I don't trust Emmerich to provide the former.
>>
File: tealc.jpg (11 KB, 472x432) Image search: [Google]
tealc.jpg
11 KB, 472x432
>>71002710
optimistic but i know there's no way it'll live up to sg1's legacy
>but when you hear the gate spin up again after 10 years
>>
File: Christopher_Judge_2014.jpg (286 KB, 1197x1809) Image search: [Google]
Christopher_Judge_2014.jpg
286 KB, 1197x1809
Bazooper, Daniel Jackson.
>>
>>71002710
I doubt they could fin a charismatic actor to play O'Neill whit 2 ll or three some times. Lets be honest he is one of the bets thing of the show, I mean Richard
>>
>>71002710
More CGI shit from Emmerich because he doesn't know how to do anything but.

Probably going to be a disaster movie, both the plot and final result of the film.
>>
>>71003067
This.

Guy was butthurt that the TV took his movie trilogy idea from him, and even more butthurt that it was more popular and amassed more fans, more successful than he could ever be. Now he want to go back and do what he wanted. We're probably going to get a younger edgier cast, without any of the depth of the TV series. A huge universe like that is expanded by TV show format, so I bet you a million shitposts that this movie series dramatically cuts the scope of the stargate and the galaxy.
>>
>>71002710
It's an awful idea and Emmerich is literally raping my childhood.
>>
>>71004293
He's going to make the Stargate go only 2 or 3 places and the entire fandom will revolt in an even worse way than they did over SGU. Kinda want to see that shitstorm, tbph.
>>
>>71004402
this, there's no galaxy-spanning gate system in his vision, just a couple magic doors the ancient egyptian snake people made
>>
>chevron un, enclenché
>>
>>71004402
The first stargate movie never implied anything about more stargates in the universe either. For that movie it was just the two gates, so he probably had it in his vision that the goa-uld (who he never even named) were just space wizards with superior technology and just turn it into another space 1v1
>>
They should have found a way to link it with the new Independence Day movie the way they originally intended to with the original movies. Shared universes are the big thing I hear.
>>
>>71004708
you better fucking keep your mouth shut

the independence day series is shit and it better not ruin stargate
>>
>>71004708
>the aliens from Independence Day are a faction of less technologically advanced Asgard who are pissed at Humans
>the independence day universe takes place in an alternate reality where the gate was never successfully activated
>>
>>71003854
There's a very real chance the reboot gate won't spin. They'll just use CG to make it glow, throw some steam and lighting around, and then instantly activate.

They'll probably allow other stuff like 2-way travel too.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.