[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
lmao what the fuck did I just watch this was absolute garbage
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 12
lmao what the fuck did I just watch

this was absolute garbage
>>
>watching vidyashit
>ever

What did you expect?
>>
I liked it, solid 9.5/10 flick, orcs were cool
>>
>>70994518
The first three quarters of the movie had me genuinely interested. Then it felt rushed and boring at the same time somehow. Had the feeling there were a lot of scenes missing. Hopefully the extended version will be an improvement, just like the Rogue Cut of Days of Future Past.

My question is: is there only one fucking griffin in Azeloth? Why don't elves, dwarves and shit join the battle? WHy don't they fucking smite the portal with cannons, if firearms are a thing?
>>
I'm a long time Warcraft fan, but the odds of me ever seeing this are pretty much zero. Not because of changes to the story or whatever bullshit. But because of the costume design. I just can't get over how straight from the video games it is. Stylistic flourishes to clothing and armor that work in video game art are cheesy and embarassing in film. Whatever other merits it may have (from what I've heard, very few) I just don't think I could overlook that.
>>
>>70996091
dude just watch it
>>
>>70996091
It actually looks pretty decent in movement, eh.
>>
>>70995926
>warcraft 1 times
>boomstick only just invented
>dwarves and elves all arguing and refusing to help in the round table scene.
>gryphon is exclusive royal mount

I agree though it did seem like there was lots cut for time. I would love to see the extended cut.

If you're a warcraft fan and can get over some of the cringey stuff the movie is actually really entertaining and like one long game cut scene. I enjoyed it.

I can understand why critics hated it though. Non fans will be lost and confused and the pacing is all over the place too.
>>
File: Warcraft (1827).jpg (280 KB, 1500x640) Image search: [Google]
Warcraft (1827).jpg
280 KB, 1500x640
>>70994518

>lmao

Warcraft is just too kino for you.
>>
>>70996091
It actually looks really cool. The art and costume direction is one of the highlights.
>>
>>70996091
ignore >>70996110
Its a bad movie, acting, plot, and writing need work.
>>
>>70996195
There were some cringey fucking moments, like the typical strategy discussion in which Lothar accuses Medivh of being unstable and then proceeds to JUMP AND THRASH AND SCREAM AT HIS KING. No reference was made to his son, with whom he had spent the total amount of two scenes.
>Only hurt guy in the hospital
>Should have been a hint at how pathetic your son is.
Also:
>Panting halfway up the stairs
>Able to carry off his king despite hours of fighting
>Wew.lad
>>
It was painfully pg13, completely humorless, and if you didn't play the games it was impossible to give a fuck about a single character. I walked out with ten minutes left, I couldn't take it any more.
>>
>>70994518
>this was absolute garbage

Hello plebbit
>>
Every actor who doesn't play a big CGi turd is complete trash in this, it's unbelievable. It's like a high school play.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjDiCK7VNRI
>>
>>70995926
>: is there only one fucking griffin in Azeloth?
>>
File: 1465805924590.jpg (78 KB, 364x457) Image search: [Google]
1465805924590.jpg
78 KB, 364x457
>>70996398
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjDiCK7VNRI

>no NC or Redlettermedia reviews of WarCraft yet.
>>
I know next to nothing about the video games and I was completely lost. It was honestly as bad as the Star Wars prequels in the sense that it was impossible to care about any of these characters
>>
>>70996531
>It was honestly as bad as the Star Wars prequels in the sense that it was impossible to care about any of these characters

Basically anyone who knows warcraft lore loved the film, anyone who didn't hated it.
>>
>>70994518
You speak just like a fucking redditor. Kill yourself unironically.
>>
>>70994518
>hating on vidykino
I knew this place was full of plebs
>>
I kinda liked it. It was a fun watch.

The problem with this movie is that it came too late, todays 12 year old kids have no idea what Warcraft is
>>
>>70996091
you are fucking autistic, get some meds
>>
75% drop confirmed for week 2
>>
>>70996345
>>Only hurt guy in the hospital
fucking kek
The stupid addition of Lothar having a son was the worst part tbqh. Added fucking nothing.
>>
>>70996654
>The stupid addition of Lothar having a son was the worst part tbqh. Added fucking nothing.

But the real question is: WHO WAS THE MOTHER?
>>
Best pat was Ruth Negga's boner-inducing voice tbqhwyf
>>
>>70996686
didnt she die in childbirth? Who cares. Their son is dead anyway so now there's two dead characters that added nothing to anything
>>
File: bcUrCaX.jpg (92 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
bcUrCaX.jpg
92 KB, 1080x1080
>>70996552
>>70996404
I have never played any warcraft game and I enjoyed the movie. The first 30-45 minutes, anyways. Seeing magic working on-screen gave me the nerdest boner. HOWEVER
The relationships between characters are laughable (we don't see the king and the queen talk to each other, the queen and her brother are from two different ethnicities, Kadgar and Lothar don't really run smoothly on screen, Medivh is just fucking horrible to watch (why not cast an older actor), the sequel bait is basically irrelevant (someone found the baby OMAHGAAHHS), etc)

My problems come from logical inconsistencies WITHIN the movie, like how could the Orcs have captured humans before going through the portal and thus the existence of Garona and her language skills. Also the implication of Medivh fucking Orcs? Talk about high-test.
Now, I have some other complaints, but they are nitpicking and not really having to do with the run of the movie, but with some decisions made in the pre-production. For example, the actor that portrays the king is... okay-ish from an acting point of view, but the distance and the angle of his eyes make him look odd. AND THAT FUCKING HELMET. I thought Lannister's helmet were the top of ridicule, but this is some other level. Pic related. The rest of armor and suits and helmets looked dank as fuck, though.
>>
>>70996827
>ike how could the Orcs have captured humans before going through the portal
nigger the opening scene is a bunch of orcs going thru the portal.
>>
>>70996110
Duncan pls go
>>
>>70996827
The blue things in cages at the start were draenai. Garona learned some english from the humans they captured early on azeroth.

The baby is Thrall. It's not sequel bait. He's a well known and integral part of the continuing story where he's raised by humans and is the First warchief of the united Horde.
>>
File: 1441915548179.jpg (32 KB, 633x738) Image search: [Google]
1441915548179.jpg
32 KB, 633x738
>>70996895
No, the opening scene is an orc fighting a human without any kind of context. Loved the cinematography and tension in that scene, however, must be the only scene Raimy directed
>>70997101
Yeah, because you know the lore. In the movie it was just sequel bait, something to get nerds excited and normies interested. With me it achieved neither.

>>70997101
>Humans they captured early in azeroth
When? Who were those humans? Where did they live and did anybody missed them and talk about their sudden disappearance to their king? And yes, there is a little group of humans whose disappearance is reported to the king, but NOT WITH ENOUGH TIME TO TEACH GARONA ENGLISH.

Also, the Orcish-English jumps were inconsistent as fuck. I couldn't keep my mind off the fact that a minute Durotan is spoken English (supposed to be Orcish) and other times Orcs speak English in front of other characters. I am a translator and this bugged me the fuck out, but I'm used to that shit. Don't even ask about what they did to the Spanish version of Inglourious Basterds.
>>
>>70994518
Fuck you, it was a decent movie if you were the fan of the games.
>>
File: 562.jpg (67 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
562.jpg
67 KB, 600x600
>>70996091
You are seriously clinically autistic, friend.
>>
>>70997208
ok yeah that was the opening scene, and there's durotan and draka talking and then there's guldan walking thru the prisons and then guldan opens the portal and orcs walk thru it. It happens before we even see any humans.
>>
>>70996345
I was annoyed by Durotan logic
>Guldan and Fel magic just saved my boy from dying
>1 minute later
>Hurr Durr, I must kill Guldan
>>
>>70996367
Is good at least they got your money to make the second movie.
>>
>>70997359
better start learning mandarin
>>
>>70997208
>must be the only scene Raimy directed

are you talking about Sam Raimi? who didn't have anything to do with it?
>>
>>70997455
He was the first name who got attached to the movie and the person who pushed the project forward. Were it not for him, there'd have been no movie for us to discuss.

>>70997343
Yeah, as well as Guldan cheating in the 1 v. 1 and the orcs just sheepishly accepting that he gives no fucks. The Orcs should have either rebelled or leave, creating some division within camp. But no, they just stay put and follow orders until Garona sets Guldan straight with some valid points about his leadership. That came too fucking late.

I can understand Durotan. He knew that Fel was shit, BUT it saved his son. Nonetheless, that magic is poison, no matter how much it revived his son. He pulled a Ned Stark right there, voicing his concerns and uncomforts.
>>
who /waiting for a decent rip to see garona/ here?
>>
>>70997551
Yeh I know he was attached to it originally but they didn't agree on the vision he had for the movie. He didn't direct any scene in this movie though so I don't know where the hell you pulled that from. And to say that if it weren't for him there wouldn't have been a movie is complete bullshit, Blizzard wanted to make this movie.
>>
>>70994518
Things that were shit

1. Human acting and focus on way too many characters. They should focus completely on orc side with Lothar being shown as an antagonist from orc point of view.

2. Drop the entire Garona arc and her character. The king could have died simply in battle, the movie didn't need cheap romance and betrayal shit.

3. Again, the movie should only focus on character that will be relevant in the future. Lothar, Callan, Khadgar, King and Queen are very minor characters and they don't even appear in the 3rd game, some not even in the second. It would be okay to just introduce Medivh for the backstory of dark portal creation and Lothar for establishing a war hero for humans but that's it.
The movie would have been appreaciated by normies and vidya fans simply if it was just about Durotan, Ogrimm, Blackhand, Guldan and Grom Hellscream.

The vidya fans would still get their favurite references and characters.

THe Normies and critics would still get a coherent story with original "take on LOTR" by giving us the first movie where Orcs are sympathethic characters.

The libtards critics and right wing critics would bend the story to their pro immigrant/anti immigrant fantasies like they do with Zootopia.

Everything would have been good. But Duncan fucked it up by trying to push as much characters as he could.
>>
>>70997904
Khadgar and Lothar are actually quite important in the second game.
>>
>>70997904
>Again, the movie should only focus on character that will be relevant in the future.
that is pretty fucking retarded. How do you tell the beginnings or warcraft without the characters relevant the it's beginnings. They aren't relevant in the future because they are all fucking dead now
>>
File: 1448855682464.png (26 KB, 602x166) Image search: [Google]
1448855682464.png
26 KB, 602x166
>>70997904
>khadgar is a minor character
>>
>>70998175
Only relevant characters are Arthas, Thrall, Jaina, Illidan and Sylvanas with Demons acting as main antagonists. Everyone else is just a secondary character.
>>
File: WoW.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
WoW.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>70994518

ayy lmao
>>
>>70997208
>I am a translator
>Got confused with simple dialogue mixes to show there is a language barrier
You must be shit at your job/hobby.
>>
>>70999274
Not in warcraft 1....which is what this movie was....
>>
>>70999519
whats the context of this webm
>>
>>70999519
He looks more and more like his dad each day.
>>
>>70999876

Some awkward interview that provided this beautiful meme heres the link, too much cringe if you survive 3 minutes of it you are alien.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIFKYrtAgeQ
>>
It's shilling time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ROUcUrhXYo
>>
File: 1486741268676.png (403 KB, 416x477) Image search: [Google]
1486741268676.png
403 KB, 416x477
>>70994518
>2 million worldwide this friday
>it's not even going to make as much as Prince of Persia
>>
>>70996091
I thought it was stylistically excellent. They made a massive amount of armor and sets and the exaggerated aesthetic not only was loyal to the games but made the cgi far less jarring (remember how shitty anything computer in the hobbit looked because of the realistic art style making the artificial shit stand out even more? Here it is much more blended, unified aesthetic that I found visually stimulating to watch).
>>
>>70999909
True that. So strange he is 45 already
>>
>>70997551
>The orcs should have either rebelled or leave
Guldan is still more powerful than all of them and they don't even know if they have seen the full extent of his power. The three orcs who tried to leave got absolutely fucked.

Gul'dan is conflicting for the horde because they want to follow the strong, but not the dishonorable. Guldan is by far the strongest orc.
>>
>>70996091
Eat shit. If they had changed (more) the art direction it would have been a graphical disaster of fantasy movie universe #1050
Seeing them goddamn human watchtowers in the backgrounds, the human "generic" soldier armours. That was great, highpoints of this too shortened movie.
>>
>>70996654
It's for the average normalfag. It helps "relate" to the character and gives him a better understandable drive (for normalfags) for flipping his shit at the meeting.
>>
>>70996091
I went in expecting a bit of a disaster costume-wise after seeing those screenshots on here and was extremely impressed coming out of the theater. None of the movie's problems are art-related, outside of maybe the golem.
>>
>>70996091
This. They should have gone full cg.
>>
>>71000178
Damn. Literally the worst interviewer I've ever seen.
>>
I haven't seen it yet but why isn't the bitch green in this poster?
>>
>>70994518
Just because Legendary was taken over by a chinese company the reviewers shit on it and people think it's the next BVS. it's an entertaining fantasy movie, at least reviewers got exposed for what they are, shills.
>>
>>71005381
>its a conspiracy because china!!

... I guess "THEY" also forced the editor to make it into a complete and total mess of a movie, right? To only use the worst possible takes from all the live actors?
>>
>>70997904
>going full green
Not happening in this century. The funders in ties say the people needs to relate.
>>
>>71000178
Duncan Jones sounds like a really nice guy, goddamn.
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.