[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how come /tv/ never talk about this horror kino?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: maniac-2012-uk-dvd.jpg (102 KB, 708x1000) Image search: [Google]
maniac-2012-uk-dvd.jpg
102 KB, 708x1000
how come /tv/ never talk about this horror kino?
>>
>>70992583

Cause it's a remake of a classic
>>
>>70992583
I thought it was great. Soundtrack is nice
>>
>>70992607
is the original any good? I really liked this one
>>
cuts too close to home

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWoNiuLXeaA
>>
It's dogshit
>>
there was quite a lot of threads when it was released
>>
We did talk about it plenty. It's ass.
>>
>>70992583
A well done remake.
>>
It stinks and I don't like it.
>>
File: d63.jpg (16 KB, 200x303) Image search: [Google]
d63.jpg
16 KB, 200x303
I rally like the wijle 80's revival the me
>Maniac
>The last girls
> It Happens
>Inherent Vice
> The devil's house
>Drive
> ...

Inb4 shit taste
>>
>>70992878
Last Girls was a fucking disaster. God damn. I can see how people could like any of those other movies, but what kind of creep likes LG?
>>
How come the director never made anything good again
>>
>>70992671
The original is great and a classic. The remake is great too but for different reasons.
>>
>>70992673
5 seconds
>>
I thought the Maniac remake was alright. I think it really is only noteworthy when compared to other horror films of the past decade.
>>
>>70992583
I love this film the way it is made through a POV perspective of the killer. Also the soundtrack was really based.
>>
>>70992673
This scene gave me the creeps with the way they completely stopped and were just staring at him i.e. the camera and at us as the viewer.

Something that David Lynch would have done.
>>
>>70992673
WTF they cut out the part where she has blood dripping from her head as he imagines.

Also: is it made clear if this killer is a virgin and is terrified of women? Is that why he freaks out when she has sex with him?
>>
>>70992583
because /tv/ doesn't actually care about good films, all we care about is what we think is bad and talking shit about other peoples tastes.
>>
>>70993467
I don't know if this is a spoiler but anyway, it's basically "Mommy issues the movie". Watch the movie and draw your own conclusions.

>>70993508
This. A good rule of thumb is, if /tv/ doesn't talk about a movie or doesn't talk a lot about a movie, it means it's because it's generally good and there's nothing to talk about other than, yes, indeed, it's a good movie.
>>
File: Superman The Christ.png (3 MB, 2630x860) Image search: [Google]
Superman The Christ.png
3 MB, 2630x860
>>70993508
>because /tv/ doesn't actually care about good films
This isn't true. What about the kino threads where people state how epic MoS and BvS are and how great Snyder's religious symbolism is.
>>
>>70992583
We did, back in 2012.
>>
elliot roger: the movie
>>
>>70993467

he got molested by his mother so he's both scared/obsessed/hateful of women
>>
is this the ending to wilfred?
>>
thanks for the recommendation thread, just finished watching it

the creepshot scenes got my dick hard. am i a serial killer
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.