[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would this show have to do in order to alienate its audience
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 11
What would this show have to do in order to alienate its audience to such a degree that AMC has no choice but to cancel it?
>>
>>70986165
>M--M--M--
>M--
>>
This show will never be cancelled and no amount of butthurt nitpicking from wannabe critics on the internet can stop its momentum. It could honestly go 15+ seasons.
>>
Exactly what it's currently doing.
>>
Kill Daryl. All the tumblrinas, rednecks, and 15 year olds would stop watching. And that's like 70% of the TWD audience.
>>
>>70986165
Negan skull fucking Carl.
>>
At this point, Negan could put Judith on the hood of a car and smash her like a watermelon and people would keep watching. They could kill off Rick himself, they could retcon an entire season and say it was just a dream, they could split half the good characters off for another spinoff, they could introduce aliens like that joke issue of the comics except not a joke, and people would STILL keep watching.
>>
>>70987407
why?
>>
>>70987407
>they could introduce aliens like that joke issue of the comics except not a joke, and people would STILL keep watching.

Yeah, because that'd be an improvement.
>>
>>70986165
The fanbase is hanging on by a thread after the absolute disgraceful finale, but since said fanbase is 99% pleb they will get over it by the premiere.
That being said, if Michonne died that would be it for the show. Tumblr and Twitter would tear it apart and since sjw's and kids are the only people who watch thats like 75% of the audience gone.
>>
>>70987407
god, I remember how good the fucking pilot was

I actually like season one, i stuck through the shit pile that was seasons 2,3, and the first half of 4.

The second half of season 4 and most of season 5 were mostly looking good.

I was hyped for negan, then they threw this bullshit at me.

Say what you want about GoT, but when they did their cliffhanger with Jon, at least they showed that he fucking died.

We were left wondering how is jon gonna be revived, not who fucking died or how the hell are they gonna keep this spoiler free.

Fucking hell AMC is the kojima of tv networks. I wish BCS wasn't on this shit, that way i could fucking quit it and just start pirating.
>>
File: Chandler-Riggs(5).jpg (1 MB, 2048x3068) Image search: [Google]
Chandler-Riggs(5).jpg
1 MB, 2048x3068
>>70986165
this >>70986425
>>
>>70986165
I'm hoping the season 7 premiere doesn't show who got killed. Both Gimple and Kirkman are so disgustingly jewish it's an actual possibility. It makes me fucking livid just thinking about it
>>
>>70986416
Daryl is the only character on the cover art for Netflix.
>>
>>70986165
There will ALWAYS be a dedicated fanbase no matter what how fucking bad this gets. I don't get how people were still watching after season 2, and from what little I've seen since then makes me sick.
>>
>>70987519
They need something to look forward to on Sunday besides bedtime creeping up on them and the depressing return to school/work the next day, and Game of Thrones only lasts 10 weeks out of the year.
>>
File: one of those.jpg (112 KB, 748x750) Image search: [Google]
one of those.jpg
112 KB, 748x750
The Walking Dead is a soap opera.

The only thing that kills those is the audience eventually dying out.
>>
>>70988321
So is Game of Thrones. What's your point?
>>
>>70988350
I answered OP's question.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P224BTri7RQ
>>
>>70987987
>bedtime creeping up on them and the depressing return to school/work the next day,
I love Sunday's night and look forward to resting and sleeping since I do a lot of stuff on the weekend. I also enjoy the week and the prospect of studying and working is a pleasant one, why are most people so fucking retarded they think you're simply supposed to feel suicidal on Sundays and hate Mondays? That's some 9-gag trash
>>
Glenn won't die. It's Aaron
>>
>>70986165
honestly dont think its possible
>>
>>70989609
lol what
>>
>>70989851
Search your feelings
>>
>>70986165
since when was Robert Downey Jr in it?
>>
>>70989609
Aaron was just confirmed at filming right now with leaked pics
>>
>>70986165
If intentionally and blatantly sacrificing story for views during one of the most critical points in the story doesn't do it, I don't know what will.

Also, I have to say that I'm loving how autistic AMC is getting over these potential spoilers. They're really doubling down on the people who argued that the cliffhanger was bad because the death would get leaked anyway. Now they're sending out letters threatening lawsuits for spoilers, and they've filmed a death scene for all of the survivors with Negan. Hilarious. Now I'm hoping even more that it gets leaked
>>
Rick becomes Savior leader
>>
File: zzzzz.jpg (55 KB, 640x451) Image search: [Google]
zzzzz.jpg
55 KB, 640x451
>>70986165

literally pleb-tier normie trash

the show's writing is laughably awful; every scene is this:

>scene starts with 5 min of watching people walk slowly and do the most menial shit
>*extended pause
>3 words of shit dialogue
>*extended pause
>*awkward stare
>"It doesn't have to be this way"
>*extended pause
>*melodramtic response
>cut

Nothing about this show is original and Kirkman's response to not covering what actually caused the zombie apocalypse is a fucking cop-out.

back to >>>/lebbit/ if you like this show
>>
>>70990385

Thing is, the Facebook page that usually spoils the show just got threatened with a lawsuit if they spoil who died. They're trying harder than ever to try and keep this from getting leaked. God damn I hope it leaks, soooo fucking bad. Imagining Scott Gimple throwing a childish tantrum because his shitty ratings trap got ruined gets me full mast so fast my dick clocks in at 90 MPH. What a prick.
>>
Eh, idk why ppl expect the sopranos out of everything on tv. The pilot wasnt that good. The farm was bad and most of the prison was bad but everything after that was pretty damn good. Carl is kickass Rick is coool. Darryl is muh waifu
>>
>>70986416
Blind item rumor states Daryl is the one getting Lucille'd.

And that they're praying and hoping it will "be as big of a headliner as a Game of Thrones death".
>>
>>70990570
nope

and he's Dwights bitch now
>>
d
>>
>>70990570
Not a chance. Even if that was the plan, there's no way they'd go through with it after the shitstorm that the cliffhanger itself has caused. Can you imagine if they ended up killing a fan favorite on top of it?
>>
>>70990644

>implying the average "if daryl dies we riot" tier fan has enough critical thought to even question such blatantly horribly done shit as the season finale was for longer than five seconds

They've probably already forgotten and are just drooling on their desk until the new season starts.
>>
>>70990570
Is that why they gave him that motorcycle show?
>>
File: 1353738365673.gif (911 KB, 171x141) Image search: [Google]
1353738365673.gif
911 KB, 171x141
> AMC "stole" the most popular show ever made
> AMC slashed the budget of popular show ever made
> AMC is threatening fans with lawsuits for "predicting" who dies

Hope they tank.
>>
>>70990727
Yeah, like reddit says, its impossible to do 2 projects in just 1 year
>>
>>70986165
Mark my words
New season premier will not show who neegan killed. It will show neegan and his group leading up to how they came across rick and his group. The reveal will happen on the mid season.
>>
>>70990442
Oh shit, that's the scene where Negan orders Rick to show him around while he holds the bat for him.
Also where Negan calls that fat bitch a fat bitch.
>>
>>70990796
except Negans has been seen every day since filming started
>>
>>70990832
with Rick and Daryl
>>
>>70990832
Duh. Show will start out with neeeeegan and his group leading up to confrontation with rick and his group. Nigga
>>
File: 1464790141770.gif (2 MB, 200x145) Image search: [Google]
1464790141770.gif
2 MB, 200x145
>ign posted an article that said they filmed 11 endings for who Negan kills in case a leak happens

Why couldnt they just fucking do it like the comic? Why the fuck do they have to ruin everything the show has going for it?

We're going to fimd out anyways when the leaked pics show a certain actor isnt on set at all.
>>
>>70990893
Daryls wearing a prisoner uniform because he's Dwights personal slave now and had to fork over his clothes and motorcycle and crossbow to him.
>>
>>70990948
They didnt film anyone being killed. They are just going in past that event and will make you figure out whos missing.
>>
>>70986165

I didnt knew the comics existed until the series started.
Fucking americans are delusional thinking that anybody outside their country byus comics of any kind.

Whatever comes out in the series is CANON to me.
>>
Kirkman's embarrasing half-assed "apology" for the cliffhanger made me feel truly disgusted. I consider him a worthless subhuman now, and I hope he dies soon, alone and filled with regrets.
>>
listen to /tv/
>>
>>70991854
Could you link to it, please? Or just quote it here?
>>
>>70991154
>Whatever comes out in the series is CANON to me.

the comics and TV series are as different as the Marvell comics and movie adaptions.
>>
I'm gonna be perfectly honest, I was somewhat disappointed that they ended last season's finale on a cliffhanger but I don't really get the outrage it's caused. I do think it would have been better if they showed who it was, but I still thought it was a great finale overall. The mounting dread throughout the episode every time they ran into another group of Saviors was great and Andrew Lincoln killed it in showing Rick starting the finale full of confidence and ending it as a completely broken man.
>>
>>70986425
That would increase ratings among the much coveted old fag demo.
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 309x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 309x300
>AMC threatened to sue the group that spoils TWD because they know who Negan killed under "copyright infringement"
>>
If you look on that spoiling dead fan page, Abraham, Michonne, and Glenn haven't been seen filming on set. What are the chances Negan kills more than one person?
>>
a Musical episode.

That'll shit on the audience quick.

Gradually shifting the tone of the show towards zombieland-tier humor.

There, sure sign show suicide.
>>
>>70990385
show those pics
>>
>>70990442
>"I just put my pecker down your throat and you thanked me for it"

Whose hyped for that?
>>
I stopped watching after about half way through season 2, what's so bad about thhis season?
>>
Literally one good episode.
>>
I have a feeling the ratings are going to drop significantly. Not enough to cancel the show, but enough to be noticed.
A lot of people I talk to watch this show (I dropped it after season 2) and were pretty pissed off about the cliffhanger.
>>
File: bluargh.jpg (197 KB, 890x890) Image search: [Google]
bluargh.jpg
197 KB, 890x890
>>70992133
You are giving the show too much credit. I really enjoyed it until the last season. They went full retard with forced incidents and letting it end with a cliff hanger was the worst.
They will kill the faggot, Aaron who had no purpose to going with the group other than lol so random xD. Killing any other character will drive off any people who are giving it a last chance.
Next season is where every 'fan' will judge them and either stop caring or watch it painfully end.
>>
>>70986165
Dude you can't be talking like that about AMC's show The Walking Deadâ„¢. Do you want to get fucking sued?
>>
File: 1421021522513.gif (239 KB, 300x401) Image search: [Google]
1421021522513.gif
239 KB, 300x401
>>70986165
i still lik it :^)
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.