[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me /tv/, would this have been a good film?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: Jodorowskys_Dune.jpg (102 KB, 432x248) Image search: [Google]
Jodorowskys_Dune.jpg
102 KB, 432x248
Tell me /tv/, would this have been a good film?
>>
It probably would've been a commercial flop with a confused critical reception, but would have retrospective acclaim.
>>
>>70984900
no.
tell me has Jodorowsky ever done anything halfway decent? This includes El Topo and the Holy Mountain.

I rest my case.
>>
>>70985126
El Topo and the Holy Mountain
>>
>>70985155
>muh tarots
boring shite, but they had some visually impressive moments, I really respect him as a director but he's not my cup of tea
>>
>>70984900
Can someone tell me why I could never get into David Lynch's version?

Don't get me wrong: I am a big fan of all his original work; but something about his version felt really off... I just cannot describe it
>>
>>70984900
Look at Jodorowsky's other films. What do you think?
>>
>>70985425
Too much studio intervention, a runtime that doesn't do the source material justice, and a subsequent exposition overload.
I love the production design and casting though.
>>
>>70985126
Santa Sangre is great
>>
No
He raped the book
>>
>>70985753

HE RAPED IT

but with love
>>
>>70985784
I watched the documentary the other day, and I hated what he was doing
>>
>>70984900
by hackorovsky?
negative
>>
>>70985425
The cheesy as fuck guitar music
When you think of hardass futuristic Muslim/Buddhists who convert bodies into water to survive do you think 80's guitar music?
>>
File: 19188117.png (730 KB, 1440x648) Image search: [Google]
19188117.png
730 KB, 1440x648
>>70985482
What u mean not enough runtime? The extended cut is 3 hours.

And nah i didnt get why in the year 10,000 people dress in WW1 clothing.

House Harkonnen had great costumes though
>>
>>70986111
Dune deserves a 4-hour movie at the least
>>
>>70986197
Watch the mini series then.
Goes for 240 minutes
>>
>>70986086
The music was my favorite part about the movie though
>>
>>70984900
I honestly think it would.
>>
>>70984900
Things I learnt from Dune
>In the year 10,000 AD; Islam and Buddhism are the religions that will survive
>>
>>70986563
Both are vastly different from their current form in the Dune universe though. The Jews are the most similar to their current form and even they went through some major changes.
>>
8 hours would've been too long, so no
>>
>>70984900
It would have been one of the greatest films of all time had there been some miraculous way to allow it to be made.
>>
File: kubrick lotr.jpg (109 KB, 500x791) Image search: [Google]
kubrick lotr.jpg
109 KB, 500x791
What would have been better, Jodo's Dune or Kubrick's LOTR?
>>
>>70985126
loved those and rainbow thief, less keen on his other stuff but I still would have given his dune every chance
>>
>>70986924
Chris Foss said in the documentary that everything he and Giger were instructed to design was done with the intention of making it feasible from a construction and photographic standpoint. It could've been done with a high enough budget.
>>
>>70986929
Fuck Kubrick's version would have been the best
>>
>>70987311
pretty sure I would have preferred it to hackson's version
>>
>>70984900

>would this have been a good film?

Probably not, but it would have been an interesting film, maybe a cult classic. Jodorowsky is a legit crazy person, but most actual geniuses are. I don't think he would have made a satisfying epic space adventure film, it would have been probably more along the lines of 2001 but with more batshit craziness and less grounded sci-fi elements. His casting was also not focused at all on talent, but on appearance and reputation.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.