[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is he so beloved? Why is he considered one of the best comedians
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 9
File: died.jpg (14 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
died.jpg
14 KB, 300x300
Why is he so beloved?
Why is he considered one of the best comedians ever? He wasn't even that funny. Is it because he died in his prime?
>>
fuck off OP
>>
BARF
>>
>>70982623
why? don't you like candies?
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-06-18-21h51m35s237.png (531 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-06-18-21h51m35s237.png
531 KB, 720x540
>>70982597
Not all his movies were great, especially the ones he made shortly before his death, but his SCTV stuff is golden. Pinnacle sketch comedy with great character.
>>
File: le epic fatty goof.jpg (45 KB, 360x450) Image search: [Google]
le epic fatty goof.jpg
45 KB, 360x450
Why is he so beloved?
Why is he considered one of the best comedians ever? He wasn't even that funny. Is it because he died in his prime?
>>
File: 1463604620552.jpg (116 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
1463604620552.jpg
116 KB, 640x1136
>>70982597
It's Dad humor. You wouldn't get it. Just like My parents hate Adam Sandberg and Will Ferrel. Humor is generational. People thought Three Stooges was the funniest shit to grace the earth.
>>
>>70982597
dont you know? when a celebrity dies everyone immediately joins a contest of who can suck his dead dick the best

just like with michael jackson. one day he is an ugly creepy pedo, the next day he is the greatest ever

I dont get why people do this. they should be nice when that person is still alive, not when they are dead and it does not matter anymore. but it's not about the dead celebrity. it's about yourself and showing everyone what a good person you are

everyone who sucks off dead people should get cancer and die. I hate hypocritical trash
>>
>>70982823
>not liking Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

End yourself
>>
He had the unique distinction of being cast in almost exclusively sympathetic/likable roles, and despite his obviously being overweight, his weight wasn't typically used as the butt of jokes the way it is with other fat comic actors. Belushi would be another example of this phenomenon.
>>
Why is he so beloved?
>>
File: died.jpg (22 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
died.jpg
22 KB, 300x300
>>70982800
>>70982956
am I a new meme now?
>>
>>70982597
If you didn't laugh and then get feels watching Planes, Trains, and Automobiles then I don't know what to tell ya
>>
File: candy.png (224 KB, 654x446) Image search: [Google]
candy.png
224 KB, 654x446
>>
File: planes-trains-automobiles.jpg (85 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
planes-trains-automobiles.jpg
85 KB, 1280x720
>>70983158
tfw
>>
>>70982800
Chris Farley was actually funny though. I think spade didn't get enough credit though during those movies with them.

>>70982823
3 stooges is still funny though. Not that shit remake though.

>>70982842
Not for nothing but Jackson was really talented and deserved the praise he got. I did think it was really sad when they did that movie after his death, only cause it just showed how ruthless Hollywood and everyone involved just use his death as a cash cow and milk as much out of his death as possible.

Luckily they didn't do the same to Bowie or robin Williams. They just brought it up in the news wrote articles on them and that was it, they just let them rest in peace
>>
File: jen_1.jpg (74 KB, 745x483) Image search: [Google]
jen_1.jpg
74 KB, 745x483
>>
>>70982842
I will truly never understand this.
>While alive
"He's such an obnoxious fuck, just a spoiled brat that contributes nothing"
>One day after death
"A legend! He inspired the world! He was one of the greatest and did so much charity work"
>>
>>70982956
I never really found him funny in movies. But he does seem like he would've been hilarious and cool to chill and party with in person
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.