[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It was better than the original
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
It was better than the original
>>
>>70976828
Except it really wasn't
>>
>>70976828
is this supposed to be a controversial opinion?

the original movie was a mediocre TV movie, people only remember it because of gene wilder's performance
>>
Good good, Charlie.
HOWEVER
>>
>>70977036
YOU STOLE FIZZY LIFTING DRINKS.
>>
Mike TV's dad was a pretty cool guy tbqh
>>
>>70976983
>is this supposed to be a controversial opinion?
yes it is

>the original movie was a mediocre TV movie
It was released in theaters, but I agree that it's mediocre. Then again, so is the Burton film
>>
When comparing the two, WWatCF's only better quality is Gene Wilder. With that said, I still think that Johnny Depp did a great job as Willy, even though he was still doing the Jack Sparrow thing a bit.
Both made changes to the source material, such as there being no squirrels in the original, and the added dentistry subplot for the remake. However, I still enjoyed the remake more even with that added shit. Oh, and based Danny Elfman was of course behind them Oompa Loompa songs.
>>
Gene Wilder came off as creepy. Even the author of the book thought the first movie was shit.
>>
>>70977036
>You get nothing, you lose.
>Said Willy Wonka calmly.
>>
>>70977428
based Roald Dahl, love me some You Only Live Twice
>>
>>70977428
>Depp wasn't a doing a Michael Jackson impression
>>
They were both pretty shit. If it wasn't for Wilders the original would have been lost in the sands of time.
>>
File: knids.jpg (64 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
knids.jpg
64 KB, 640x480
These always creeped me out as a kid.
>>
File: wilder.jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
wilder.jpg
11 KB, 480x360
Well done charlie, well done.
HOWEVER
>>
>>70976983
It's not an objectively good movie. It's highly entertaining, surreal, and memorable as fuck. It's the movie equivalent of an amusement park and it does a great job at that.

And, you know what, 100 years from now people will still be watching it and going wtf at that boat ride.
>>
>>70976828
Correct. Despite Tim Burton's attempts at destroying it with his bullshit the movie still managed to be far better than the original.
>>
>>70977755
tim burton's movie will be remembered because its good

i have no idea what you find memorable about the original, it was a little bit darker ill give you that
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.