[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the /tv/ equivalent to Evangelion?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
File: latest.png (155 KB, 360x274) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
155 KB, 360x274
What's the /tv/ equivalent to Evangelion?
>>
Orange is the new black.
>>
>>70971385
Synecdoche, New York
>>
>>70971385
2001 or Stalker
>>
Evangelion is still a TV show.
>>
>>70971385
I would say BvS. The whole of the story is implied, seems to happen offscreen. None of it makes any sense until you read an explanation later, and it's pretentious as hell.
>>
>>70971897
lmao

>>70971598
this or pacific rim, depending on what you are looking for
>>
The Dark Knight Rises
>>
Moonrise Kingdom or some other pedoshit
>>
>>70971385

what is evangelion

I mean, I'm aware it's an anime, think it's a mechazord type one, but I mean what is it's role in the world of anime so that I can answer your question
>>
BvS. Something that the kind of people who play video games think is deep because of some hamfisted imagery, but is ultimately shallow trash like the rest of its genre.
>>
some similarly try-hard, derivative bullshit that, to people who haven't experienced a lot of art, seems unique and intelligent in ways that they can't quite articulate.

something like beyond the black rainbow.
>>
>>70972153
lot's crying and emo shit.
Pretty lame unless you're an emotional 13 year old
>>
L O S T
>>
idk, in what what tv show do the users overact to appeal to autists who can't discern normal human expressions from one another?
>>
>>70972153
Teenage + lots of symbolism
>>
>combines what people expect to see to keep normal audiences happy with weird trippy shit
>was one the first to do this and popularized the concept
>>
>>70972340
in what tv show do the actors*
>>
>>70971385
LOST
>>
>>70972266
Lost is the perfect answer.
>>
>>70971385
Evangelion
>>
>>70972358
>>70972231

So....Breakfast Club?
>>
>>70971385

The Sopranos.
>>
>>70971385

Edge Of Tommorow is the only right answer

Endless repeating of the same cycle.
>>
>>70972376
>tfw Twin Peaks has a larger population than my town

I wonder if all my neighbors are also living secret lives.
>>
>>70972495
This is actually the correct answer.

Also, 9/10 chance OP is underage.
>>
>>70971385
Star Wars
Hideaki Anno is literally George Lucas, revisiting his work and updating it to new levels of absurd.

TV series, then Death & Rebirth, followed by videogames, the manga adaptation and the Rebuild films.

Star Wars was a huge success because of its merchandise, sowas Eva. You've got waifus for the teens and robots for the kids. Just look at 3.33, just a fuckton of new eva without context, to sell figres and model kits.

It's fucking Star Wars and you can't deny it.
>>
tree of life
>>
>>70972536
Apparently execs forced them to make the population bigger because otherwise it would be "too small and unrelatable". The in universe explanation according to interviews is that it's a typo and the actual population is 5,120.
>>
>>70972690
Nah. Star Wars actually shows you the narrative. None of the action is shown in Evangelion, you have no idea wtf is going on.
>>
>>70972376
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGLWNVG9e3Q

P O E T R Y
>>
>>70972723
Oh, that's pretty interesting. Makes sense, I haven't watched all of Twin Peaks, but as someone living in a small town it definitely didn't feel like it had a population that high.

I'm sure Lynch wanted to strangle those execs.
>>
>>70972469
Underrated post
>>
>>70972690
There's definitely similarities, but they're all meta-level things and not the actual content of the work
>>
>>70972469
This post made me angry
>>
Yes yes well done Shinji. well done Shinji

HOWEVER
>>
>>70972469
kek
>>
>>70971385
BvS
>>
File: gendo.jpg (4 KB, 146x104) Image search: [Google]
gendo.jpg
4 KB, 146x104
Yes, well done Seele, well done Seele.

HOWEVER
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.