[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are we not allowed a Star Wars movie (Or even a TV series)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: KotOR_Cover.png (662 KB, 768x960) Image search: [Google]
KotOR_Cover.png
662 KB, 768x960
Why are we not allowed a Star Wars movie (Or even a TV series) as good as KOTOR?

>Bioware is better at Star Wars than Lucas AND Disney

It's sickening.
>>
>>70957236
>A Mary sue with amnesia who turns out to be a bad guy
Yay.
>>
>>70957270
This. KOTOR 2 had a much better story, because Obsidian can actually write a story unlike Bioware.
>>
>>70957304
>Obsidian can actually write a story

No they can't.
>>
come home, space man
>>
>>70957340
They can do atmosphere, interesting quests and memorable dialogue.

That's enough for me. I loved Pillars of Eternity.
>>
>>70957340
Much better than Bioware.
>>
>>70957413
Nah. People meme on Bioware because of Mass Effect 3 and Dragon Age 2, but they're a pretty competent dev when you run through their catalogue. I blame EA.
>>
>>70957304
>Obsidian can actually write a story
>Fallout New Vegas
>>
>>70957496
I think Dragon Age: Origins was shit. Bioware games are boring.
>>
>>70957499
Yes, Fallout New Vegas had astronomically better writing then anything Bethesda has shit out. Plus New Vegas had choices that actually impacted the game world, and weren't so easily black and white. You're literally a pleb if you dislike New vegas.
>>
>>70957754
KOTOR/2 are both great, and so is Mass Effect/2. They're a good dev they just get too caught up in trying to please everybody all at the same time, which really lowers the quality of their games. They should just do whatever the fuck they want and tell EA to stick it up they dick shaft.
>>
>>70957499
Are you implying there's something wrong with New Vegas's writing?
>>
>>70957499
New Vegas was a solid 8/10 game. Fallout 3 and 4, man, I can't even be arsed play them. Total shit. No style or charisma. In Obsidian games, there's this spark of creativity in everything. That's real talent.
>>
>>70957340
>>70957499
Capeshitfags detected.
>>
>>70957836
You didn't play New Vegas, did you? It's touted on /v/ as being good but it's actually just boring garbage with boring quests, a boring world, and a lot of throw-away characters. The DLC also sucked shit.

I'm not at all saying Bethesda is any better, because they do the exact same shit; but Fallout 3 is definitely better than NV.
>>
>>70957304
>>70957340
>>70957391
>>70957413

KotOR 1 was a rather generic star wars story 2bh, it's highly inflated by the plot twist.

KotOR 2 would be much more interesting movie series, a darker take on everything if they ever decided to do that. But it's Disney so they won't. Plus PG-13 Star Wars movies are just money printers.
>>
>>70957499
>New Vegas
>actual choices
>actual hard choices
>choices affect game world
>actual factions
>factions are shades of grey instead of cartoonish black and white morals
>dialogue doesn't sound like it was written by a 12 year old
>no 'UR DA CHOZEN ONE SAVE DA WURLD" bullshit
>no lore rape

Fallout 3
>HURP DURP SAVE DA WORLD
>FIND UR DADDY
>BROTHERHOOD GOOD, EVIL MOUSTACHE TWIRLING ENCLAVE BAD
>BROTHERHOOD R SAINTS GUYS AND PERFECT
>LOL SUPER MUTANTS R SO DUMB
>LITERALLY NO CHOICES
>>
File: 1464363804821.jpg (22 KB, 300x309) Image search: [Google]
1464363804821.jpg
22 KB, 300x309
>>70957896
>it's actually just boring garbage with boring quests, a boring world, and a lot of throw-away characters

Kill yourself my man.
>>
>>70957924
>Actual hard choices

I hope you're fucking kidding.

>Actual factions

OK you are kidding, nevermind.
>>
>>70957924
This.

>>70957896
>>70957499
>>70957340
Fuck off, retards.
>>
>>70957971
>No factions

>what is legion
>what is ncr
>what is mr house
>what is yes man
>what is omertas
>what is the kings
>>
>>70957945
It is though. You cannot seriously sit there and tell me with your hand on your heart that NV isn't utterly fucking boring, can you? Big empty deserts do not make for a fun setting.
>>
>>70957236
Only Shadows of the Empire is more overrated as far as old EU goes.
>>
>>70958013
I fucking can. Because I've played it many times. Fallout 3 bores me to tears. Setting isn't the only thing that matters.

Fallout 3 raped the lore so much, had such terrible dialogue and a laughable cartoonish story that I couldn't stand it.
>>
>>70958009
>Legion
You mean that shitty underdeveloped edgelord faction which leads nowhere?
>Yes Man
The mandatory true neutral. Doesn't count.
>NCR
Zzzzzzzzz boring.
>Mr. House
LE DOESNT REALLY EXIST MAN.

The others you mentioned aren't factions.
>>
>>70957236
Revan, please, the only things you were good at were losing and being wrong. Even your waifu is a slut.
>>
File: maxresdefault (11).jpg (137 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (11).jpg
137 KB, 1600x900
>>70957340
>Obsidian can't write a story
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bh1fq5HPfXY
There are very few games that makes scenes as majestic as this.

Great characters, great writing, great atmosphere and great story.

The only issue was the gameplay.
>>
>>70957496
Fuck their catalogue. Bioware haven't written a good game in something like 15 years.
>>
>>70958286
I was going to post Mask of the Betrayer.

What a fantastic story.
>>
>>70957496
bioware writing is generic as fuck
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.