[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New batch of criterion releases is fucking fantastic: https:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: the-criterion-collection.jpg (19 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
the-criterion-collection.jpg
19 KB, 620x350
New batch of criterion releases is fucking fantastic: https://www.criterion.com/library/expanded_view?f=1&s=release_date

Kieslowski's Dekalog
Welles' Chimes at Midnight (his best movie imo)
Teshigahara's Woman in the Dunes

Also Coens, Kubrick, Malick, Resnais, Tourneur.

Can't wait to pirate them.
>>
>>70956156
>Coen's Blood Simple and Malick's New World
hey guys, let's pick shit movies by good directors!
>>
>>70956156
Mainstream as fuck, though.
>>
>>70956214
No shit, it's Criterion.
>>
>>70956156
Meh, you can find all of these in a good quality already. I wish Criterion (or anyone really) would release more obscure films for example from China or Hungary.
>>
File: avatap.jpg (51 KB, 348x490) Image search: [Google]
avatap.jpg
51 KB, 348x490
>>70956156
> Not including this
>>
>>70956156
Disappointing they didn't get American rights to the Ken Russell Blu-rays BFI is releasing for Europe.
>>
>>70956198
Blood Simple is one of their best you nigger.
>>
>>70956156
>Woman in the Dunes
But this movie already has a pretty decent bluray release? I wish they would put more effort into actual restorations like they did with A Brighter Summer Day.
>>
>>70957018
They should put more effort into releasing films that don't have a release - Sydney and Punch Drunk Love
>>
>>70956156
Why do they exist? to remaster and release old films? they should do streaming.
>>
>>70956249
While I agree with this sentiment basically word for word, they seem to be working on it. And the Dekalog, SotLC, CaM, Touch of Zen never had any other good US (or for the first few at all) BR releases. Especially Dekalog and Last Chrysanthemums. Really need to work on more China/Taiwan stuff tho, but a brighter summer day was wonderful work

>>70957583
they do do streaming
>>
>>70957018

>But this movie already has a pretty decent bluray release?

What? Woman in the dunes has no bluray release as far as I am aware.
>>
File: 23cp_outtakes_hou__1307319g.jpg (28 KB, 630x416) Image search: [Google]
23cp_outtakes_hou__1307319g.jpg
28 KB, 630x416
>We will never get a Hou Hsiao-Hsien boxset
>We will probably never seen the widescreen version of The Puppermaster
>>
>>70958253
i want this so badly, but I'm also gonna see a few of his films showing at MoMA soon
>>
File: Zatoichi-Season-1.jpg (79 KB, 450x319) Image search: [Google]
Zatoichi-Season-1.jpg
79 KB, 450x319
Do you guys think Criterion would ever consider remastering a tv show? the Zatoichi tv series needs it badly, and it would fit in since they already did the entire film series besides the last film.
>>
>>70956198

New World is literally his best movie
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.