[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I used to like Tarantino. I used to really love his style and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6
I used to like Tarantino. I used to really love his style and his movies. But the more I learned about film the more I realised how shit he is. I think his movies are a joke that turned into a massive pulsating ego trip.

He is literally a director for plebs and wannabe critics.
>>
>>70954907
fuck you
>>
File: jimjam.jpg (94 KB, 1021x574) Image search: [Google]
jimjam.jpg
94 KB, 1021x574
What are some of your favorite movies, OP?
>>
how insightful, anon
>>
>>70955098
The Castle (1997)
>>
File: 1462592592878.jpg (36 KB, 500x373) Image search: [Google]
1462592592878.jpg
36 KB, 500x373
>>70954913
Similar thing happened to me as OP.
>Big fan of previous films
>Even like Death Proof
>Watching D'Jango
>Shitty rap starts playing during slow mo
>White woman gets shot for no reason other than being white and gets flung cheesily out of scene.
>Jamie says some shitty quip.
>Realise in horror that it's all a Meme.
Hateful 8 was pretty Gr8 though . Tarantula needs to stop playing shitty pop music during scenes and rely on original scores and his dialogue is pretty contrived most the time. He is a grood story teller and has great talent for visuals so I haven't lost faith. He just needs to cut out the meme shit
>>
>>70954907
>Mmm
>>
>>70954907
You sound like you never learned anything about film, anyway.
>>
>>70955348
I walked out after the first hour of H8ful8
>>
>>70955453
>inb4 what is a mise en scène
>>
>>70955540
Why?
>>
>>70955571
Because I'm a Jew
>>
>>70955649
........ checks out. You know you still had to pay for the 2 hours you missed though?
>>
>>70955649
ya' motherfuckin indentity stealer
>>
The more I learn about movies the more I understand how masterful he is. Once you delve into the library of stuff that influenced him you really get it. Fucking grindhouse for the arthouse, mate.
>>
why does everyone suddenly like him? He is Reddit - the director. I mean, come on. Reddit had Pulp Fiction as their best film of all time... 5 times is a row.
>>
>>70955736
Suddenly? Liking Tarantino isn't a new thing you know. He's been making movies for a while now.
>>
>>70955736
It's more the pseudo-interlectual edgy teens who constantly rave about him
>>
>>70955796
so reddit?
>>
>Inglorious Basterds
>The theater scene
>she has set up the super flamable (ha) film stock and is about to set it on fire
>PUTTIN OUT THE FIRE WITH GAS---O----LEEEN

you got to be fucking kidding me
>>
>>70956495
all his movies have 1 song that spoil the mood

HEY LITTLE APPLE BLOSSOM
>>
File: GARTENBAUKINO_saalleer[1].jpg (1010 KB, 2279x1535) Image search: [Google]
GARTENBAUKINO_saalleer[1].jpg
1010 KB, 2279x1535
>>70956809

This triggers me every time. Even the hateful eight with its godlike soundtrack (about time Morricone received an oscar) suffered from it.

That being said, I really liked the departure from the previous two films which obviously were tailored to mainstream cinema. The roadshow in particular really got me, but that might just have been the theatre I've been too.

>Famous '60s building in the middle of Vienna
>Atmospheric as fuck showroom (pic related)
>They even cooled it down to emphasize how grim the winter is
>During the intermission there's free coffee for everyone from a kettle and cups similar to the one used in the film
>Alledgedly Jackson held an autograph hour there on a previous screening I missed

Wish every movie you go into would be like that
>>
>>70954907

I watched Pulp Fiction again recently, my third watch in my life, and it was even better than I remembered from over 10 years ago.

Dude's a genius, no question about it.
>>
What's going on here?
>>
>>70957210
>go see movie in my local cinema
>go home, later find out there was supposed to be a reel-swapping intermission during the movie
>think it was just in the USA so don't feel too bad
>Vienna had it too
>tfw I've been j00'd
>>
>>70955348
>grood story teller
Except that literally all of his films (minus a few earlier ones) follow the exact same pattern just recycled and thrown into a different setting to seem original.

Also his drawn out, masturbatory dialogue got old four or five films ago.
>>
>>70955701
>10% plot
>80% dialogue (65% of which is irrelevant to the plot)
>5% hat tips
>5% feet
>masterful
>>
i like his films still to be honest
>>
>>70955557
>inb4 i took a film class in college and spit out a few buzzwords
>>
>>70954907
To give the man his dues:
1. He can do dialogue. Very well indeed.
2. He can do over the top violence. Also very well.
3. He can write very cool cat characters. Male and female.

Detractors:
1. We've seen it all before.
2. He's out of 60s and 70s music we haven't heard before.
3. You just know there's gonna be gorrific violence, sooner or later, oh and the word Nigger.
>>
>>70955098
The Cuckold (2009)
L'Ascension du Chevalier Noir (2012)
>>
UNO
>>
File: 1306.jpg (15 KB, 268x265) Image search: [Google]
1306.jpg
15 KB, 268x265
>>70954907
>I went on /tv/ and saw they hate Tarantino so now I do as well.
>>
>>70955736

>taking /tv/ memes this seriously
>>
every single plot point in pulp fiction is random coincidence
>>
>I

Stopped reading right there. Who the fuck gives a shit about your opinion? /tv/ is really dead.
>>
BIG
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.