[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Crimson Peak
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 8
what does /tv/ think of Guillermo Del Toro's Crimson Peak?
>>
File: Crimson Peak Wincest.webm (3 MB, 1280x689) Image search: [Google]
Crimson Peak Wincest.webm
3 MB, 1280x689
>>
>>70953574
>tfw your gf will never catch you fucking your mommy

different universe. The Mommy Cinematic Universe [/spoiler
>>
>>70953574
more pls
>>
>>70953382
It was awful
>>
File: mommy.jpg (1 MB, 3504x2336) Image search: [Google]
mommy.jpg
1 MB, 3504x2336
>>70954159
why? did you you expect spooky stuff?
>>
The romance stuff was better than the horror stuff.
>>
>Mexicant attempts English gothic horror
>it comes out retarded

I think everyone expected this. Outside of basic landscaping work or dealing drugs Mexicans really can't do very much.
>>
>>70954232
Well the trailers, the release date and all the info pointed for that.

IT was fun to see how meta the "Is not a ghost story is a story with ghosts in it" was in the whole movie.
>>
>>70953574
that face she makes

makes me rock hard tbj
>>
>>70953382
I liked it, but there would be no problem if they had a threeway relationship like bro wanted. Why couldn't stupid sis understand.
>>
>>70954267
Edgy
>>
>>70953382
got sucked into the hype and went to see it in the theater
great costumes and set design but characters are thin and plot re-used and nonsensical
I usually really enjoy style-over-substance movies but this this had so little substance that I couldn't enjoy it
>>
File: 1311128661986.jpg (44 KB, 381x400) Image search: [Google]
1311128661986.jpg
44 KB, 381x400
>>70953382
Absolute horse shit. I sat down with an SO expecting this to be a horror movie. I called the end of the movie about 1/4 of the way through, and we both spent the rest of the time laughing at the shitty cliches and terribad special effects. Fucking 2/10
>>
File: mmyf.gif (492 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
mmyf.gif
492 KB, 500x250
>>70954444
set fire to your computer pls
>>
File: 22.png (4 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
22.png
4 MB, 1920x1080
>>70953382
del Toro's worst film since MIMIC. essentially a shitty rehash of THE DEVIL'S BACKBONE, with a stupid and predictable gothic romance plot layered on top.
>>
>>70953382
I really liked it. It had some throw backs to older film and was very classical in feel. I was lucky and didn't know anything about it going in so I didn't expect le scary.
>>
>>70954463
>terribad special effects.
I hope you don't mean the Mother and Red ghost because that was some good makeup.
>>
>>70954524
Please don't feed the retards, they'll die next time it rains
>>
File: Mia Wasikowska Crimson Peak.webm (3 MB, 1920x1034) Image search: [Google]
Mia Wasikowska Crimson Peak.webm
3 MB, 1920x1034
>>
File: mmyf2.gif (764 KB, 250x225) Image search: [Google]
mmyf2.gif
764 KB, 250x225
more Jessica pls
>>
>>70953574
>that scene where Chastain's spoon feeding her on the bed
MUH
DICK
>>
It was good but not as good as I wanted it to be and not as good as earlier works (Devils backbone, Pans labyrinth and the one with vampire grandpa were each of them a lot better)

I really liked it when the dude got stabbed in the fucking face though like woah del torro youre givin me the willies
>>
>>70954413

The wall just got 10 feet higher.
>>
quite liked it

its not structured like one wold expect for a genre film, which is prolly why some people disliked it.

the character archetypes are so unambiguous that you kinda guess it is intentional that you can pretty much put together the whole story in your mind so early on; because the real story is not the ghost stuff, but something else. and this is where it doesn't deliver

still its quite watchable
>>
It was a lot of fun, but it didn't really leave an impact beside the visuals.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.