[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
10 greatest film/tv monologues (-ish) of all time? I know walken's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (4 KB, 135x130) Image search: [Google]
image.png
4 KB, 135x130
10 greatest film/tv monologues (-ish) of all time?

I know walken's from pulp fiction should be on there, and I feel like nicholson's from a few good men should be as well, but I'm not too sure outside of those.
>>
>>70951031
When Liotta addresses the camera right at the end of Goodfellas
>>
>>70951075
That one's very good. My only reservation about it is that it isn't very momentous. He says what we already know, pretty much.
>>
I also have reservations about adding fantasy movies to the list. The helms deep and plains of minas tirith speeches are good, but I feel like there are definitely some non-fantasy ones that are a lot more poignant.
>>
>Oh, fight and you may die. Run, and you'll live... at least a while. And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be, William, to trade ALL the days, from thursday to that, for one chance, just one chance AT FREEEDOOM!

Cliche yeah but still inspiring
>>
File: patton.png (1 MB, 1920x994) Image search: [Google]
patton.png
1 MB, 1920x994
>>
No Country for old men last scene
>>
>>70951031
You all have shit taste.

Frank talking about prison during the diner scene in Thief.
>>
>>70952391
Was he a Mary Sue?
>>
>>70954387
No. They portray him as hardheaded and easy with men's lives to flatter his own ego.

Most of the people in the movie don't like him either and see him something as a self-absorbed blowhard who only cares about glory.
>>
>>70951031
Obligatory "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe..."
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.