[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Movie Gun Realism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 188
Thread images: 15
File: image.jpg (127 KB, 680x582) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
127 KB, 680x582
Ask a guy who sells guns anything
>>
>>70950262
You're the reason that Muslim shot those gay kids.
>>
Why do you think American movies and shows have such poor trigger discipline when gun ownership and interest in guns is so high in the country?
>>
>>70950312
But that Muslim was gay and he bought the guns legally. Congrats on living in a country that allows that faggot
>>
When did you realize that Obama isn't going to take your guns?
>>
>>70950321
Because Hollywood makes all our media, and Hollywood and gun ownership have almost 0 overlap.
>>
>>70950262
Does it bother you when movies don't accurately show how many bullets are stored in the assault gun's clips?
>>
>>70950345
>implying he can
>>
>>70950388
>clips

Is it a chip clip
A paper clip
A hair clip???
>>
File: Snatcher.png (618 KB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
Snatcher.png
618 KB, 1360x768
>>70950262
How would you rate the accuracy of the third-greatest shootout ever made (behind the scene in Heat outside the bank, and the ending of The Wild Bunch)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o0Co4kbRZo
>>
>>70950262
What gun is that? Is it a FAMAS?
>>
>>70950262
Have you ever murdered anyone?
>>
>>70950262
What is a barrel shroud?
>>
Do you have any boom-boom, death dealer?
>>
> medieval blacksmiths were always careful about who they made and sold weapons to. Very rarely actually making weapons for specific individuals.
> almost all swords, spears, etc, made for military use only.
> ordinary folks either get a short bow or a wood chopping axe for day to day use. a self-taught individual might have a long bow.

Now;
> GUNS GUNS GUNS BUY NOW AT A LOW LOW PRICE.

Huh. Guess that's what happens when your entire independence movement is based on firearms.
>>
>>70950262
In the movie "The Guest", how accurate is the scene where David takes apart a gun that a redneck sold him?

https://youtu.be/h94EwSeAfqI
>>
>>70950737
Yea we should totally go back to the feudal system bro.
>>
>>70950737
Honestly man replace Swords/spears/etc. with assault rifles and small axes with pistols and you'd have a pretty ideal solution that satisfies both sides of the debate
>>
>>70950852
There is a clear difference between post-feudal societies such as the US and in other countries with stringent gun control programs.

Though of course you lack the intellectual credibility to engage with the subject on such a level. I don't know why I even bother. Holy shit anon-kun you're such a faggot etc.
>>
>>70950983
Your entire premise is retarded, deal with it.
>>
>>70950737
>> medieval blacksmiths were always careful about who they made and sold weapons to. Very rarely actually making weapons for specific individuals.
that's bullshit and you haven't got a source
fuck off
>>
>>70950949
Reminder that pistols were original a sidearm given to officers for the purpose of dispensing military justice to prisoners or traitors. It's a weapon made for executions, anon.

Note that almost every depiction of a sidearm being used to complete a plot arc in a film or tv show is also an example of an execution.
>>
>>70950426
>responding to obvious bait
>>
>>70951008
And you're a faggot too, anon-kun.

>>70951027
> he thinks your typical peasant would be allowed to keep his castle-forged steel after a war.

You have a horribly distorted view of medieval life anon.
>>
>>70951102
>And you're a faggot too, anon-kun.

>make a retarded post
>get btfo
>instantly resort to name calling

figures

theres anonymity bro, no need to get so pissed off when you get called out
>>
>>70950312
What he said. Now plz fix the gun problem OP
>>
>>70951158
> what are memes lol.

You seem new.
>>
>>70951194
>hurrr im just pretending 2b retarded

k
>>
>>70951210
Newfag redditor ITT.
>>
Jk not really a gun seller. I'm actually a predator AMA
>>
>>70951102
> he thinks your typical peasant would be allowed to keep his castle-forged steel after a war.
equipment wasn't issued by the state in europe till the end of the late medieval period at the earliest
weapons were personally owned
>>
>>70951220
This is why no one likes you. Learn to have a conversation like a normal person, thanks.
>>
>>70951231
How do you guys eat with those weird crab like vagina mouths, and do you cook your food and enjoy fine dining, or are you just about getting nutrients?
>>
>>70951248
After the roman period? Not really.

It's why the English got curbstomped by the vikings and the normans, both of which had been equipping even their footsoldiers with top-tier weaponry for decades even outside of war.

Munitions were typically produced and maintained by a house carl, rather than the fieldworkers or laymen.

Naturally anyone found with a weapon from the village stores had better have a good explanation for it or be accused of theft.
>>
>>70951258
> caring about who likes you on a chinesewaterpaintspiderplank.jpg.
>>
File: 1465041519904.jpg (80 KB, 766x960) Image search: [Google]
1465041519904.jpg
80 KB, 766x960
Guns aren't the problem, American culture is. You have a lower class that worships violence and has been brought up believing that firearms are the core of freedom, when in reality the core of Democratic freedom is not letting your leaders create for themselves enough power to take your freedoms in the first place, which you royally failed at. Add to that the fetishization of guns, with people who treat them like toys and gets them blinded out with pointless engraving and useless accessories, and you have yourselves an unfixable problem.
>>
>>70951352
Its a discussion board. If you're incapable of carrying on a discussion then why even be here?
>>
>>70951367

They think guns will protect their freedumbz lol. Typical american doesn't even know what freedom even fucking is.
>>
>>70951378
> getting this bent out of shape by someone calling you a faggot on 4chan.

This is how I can tell you are new.
>>
>>70951331
>It's why the English got curbstomped by the vikings
the vikings were shit at anything other than raiding
england was easily conquered because there wasn't any sort of meaningful empire, the romans left a power vacuum that the native britons couldn't fill
>Naturally anyone found with a weapon from the village stores had better have a good explanation for it or be accused of theft.
except swords were very commonly worn by everybody
albiet in the dark ages it was rare because they were a valuable commodity at the time but later on they became much easier to acquire
>>
>>70951413
ok dude w/e

next time you're sitting around wondering why you're always alone, take some time to reflect, cya
>>
>>70950262
Why can't people like you quit sperging out about things like trigger discipline, "clip" vs "mag", suppressors, etc. and just enjoy your movies?
>>
>>70951453
Fuck off, little worm. Go cry into your pillow about how someone was mean to you on 4chan.

>>70951426
The post-roman infrastructure was still there, anon. We still have a substantial level of organisational capability, it's just that we didn't have the soldiery to match it. In part it's why Roman culture continued to exist in Britain despite the subsequent conquests.

As for swords being worn by everybody, I would disagree strongly with that because of the simple fact that the vast majority of people would be more familiar with either Bow or Axe.
>>
File: ak47.jpg (46 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
ak47.jpg
46 KB, 480x360
>>70950262
Is it true hot chicks can't live without their AK's?
>>
>>70951503
its just memes my dude
>>
>>70950262
Does that gun go well with your purse?
>>
Why do characters sometimes rack the slide with a bullet in the chamber, making an unspent round eject?
>>
>>70950345

he literally couldn't even if he desperately wanted to (and he does)
>>
File: guns3.jpg (419 KB, 736x3239) Image search: [Google]
guns3.jpg
419 KB, 736x3239
>>70950312
No, the reason that Muslim shot those gay kids is because he was a Muslim who hated gay kids. A gun is not some demonically-possessed
vessel of Khorne that drives otherwise good men into madness.

>>70951367
>with people who treat them like toys and gets them blinded out with pointless engraving and useless accessories

Those people basically never commit murder though. You'll never see a murder trial where the prosecution presents some blinged-out vanity weapon as evidence. People who intend to kill spend only what they need to get the job done.

You use a lot of fancy words but, like all gun-grabbers, you don't actually seem to know what you are talking about.

Fucking Christ gungrabbers are retarded.
>>
Why do you need any gun besides a handgun or hunting rifle?

Is it the small penis?
>>
>>70952136
> we don't like dem gun-grabbing city folks with der fancy words n' shiet.

You mentioning christ is the icing on the cake.
>>
>>70952141

In Britbongistan we're allowed one but not the other

So ironically I'm allowed to own a live-firing WWI-era Lee Enfield and legally buy the ammunition for it, but with handguns I can't even own anything that shoots .22 LR
>>
>>70951391
Freedom is being a slave, right, Europoor?
>>
>>70951331
>vikings
>top tier weaponry
You mean the bog iron or the steel that needed to be imported from the middle east?
>>
File: glockblock.jpg (50 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
glockblock.jpg
50 KB, 640x480
>>70952141
L.O.L. get a grip, girldick.
>>
>>70952165
>bragging about being retarded
>liberal
Yep, it checks out
>>
>>70950262
I've got a question that's always bugged me about movies

>gun falls onto ground
>goes off

Is this even possible?
>>
>>70952227
Girldick? Is this the best banter gunfaggots can come up with?

Guns are just a tool to kill things with. There is no other purpose for them. It's like if someone collected power drills or some shit and bragged about his latest model of power drill to all his faggot friends at the power drill store.
>>
>>70952136

Nice reading comprehension. I never said that I wanted to take away guns. In fact I meant the opposite. It is not about the damn guns. It's about the people. And the fact that they want to turn a tool for taking life into a special snowflake is disturbing, regardless of whether or not they use it to kill. It's the mindset behind it all, not the weapons themselves. Taking them away will only lead to black markets and more lawlessness.
>Fancy words

Fuck man go enroll in some summer classes or something. It's good for your brain.
>>
>>70952330
>implying a tool to kill things with is something you dont need when someone is trying to kill you
Ill take 2 thanks
>>
>>70952478
I'm not arguing that. I'm talking about the /k/tards who collect them and treat them like they're pokemon cards
>>
>>70952559
People do the same thing with fishing gear, it's human nature to show things off to other people with the same interest.
>>
>>70952559
There is literally nothing wrong with collecting things
>>
>>70952614
>>70952648
Fishing gear and other collectibles don't kill people.
>>
>>70952724
So?
>>
>>70952724
Neither do guns?
>>
>>70952724
Many people collect cars.
Cars kills thousands every month.
>>
File: images-63.jpg (23 KB, 313x470) Image search: [Google]
images-63.jpg
23 KB, 313x470
>>70950262
What if you had a gun?
>>
>>70952776
Cars aren't designed specifically to kill people.
>>
>>70952648
>>70952614

Except these are modern weapons whose sole use is ending life. They should be treated as such. I don't care how many you have, just don't treat them like stamps or coins. It's not a hobby, it's a psychosis. It would be like someone who collected bombs and liked to show them off to people and buy them nickel casings and display them in a cabinet. It's fucking weird. And before someone brings it up, no, knives are not the same, because knives can't walk into a food court and now down thirty people in under a minute.

Again, I don't care if you have a gun. I have a couple. But I don't talk about them like it makes me cool or like it's my hobby.
>>
>>70952724
Most guns kill paper targets or animals, and sword collectors also exist.
Gang violence is the real issue, but blame the guns instead of your precious minorities.
>>
>>70952793
So what is your point?

How does that make guns uncollectible in your eyes?
>>
>>70952793
Neither are guns. They are designed to launch a projectile where they are pointed. Where it's pointed is the responsibility of the user.
>>
>>70952793
Oh shit collecting things that inadvertently kill many times more people is worse than collecting things that specifically kill people but rarely do
>>
>>70952831
Guns cant walk either anon
>>
>>70952831
>30 in under a minute
You know you're supposed to practice with a gun you plan on using for self defense?
Better take those guns you own and fire them for once.
>>
>>70950737
>independence movement
Two, actually. The Battles of Lexington and Concord and Gonzalez were all about civilian disarmament. Come and take it.
>>
>>70952843

This is some next level cognitive dissonance.
>>
>>70952831
>I dont like it or understand it therefore I dont want you to have it

I've found this is the basic difference in mindset between a liberal and a conservative:

A liberal assumes everyone's intentions are bad unless they prove otherwise

A conservative assumes good intentions unless proven otherwise.
>>
>>70952879
>>70952860
>>70952856
>>70952843
>>70952839
>delusional gunfaggots defend their weird as fuck hobby

It's fine to own a gun. Having many is odd, though. It's a weirder hobby than collecting waifu pillows or being a furry though. You should take one of the assault rifles you own and blow your face off with it.
>>
>>70952980
>muh liberals are bad conservatives are good!!!1

What's it like to think in black and white?

>>>/facebook/
>>
>>70952985

I'm getting really tired of your negativity.
>>
>>70952128
>even if he desperately wanted to (and he does)

kek

do people really think that?
>>
>>70952205
Freedom is the ability to go outside at night without the fear of being robbed/killed
>>
>>70952985
You don't like target shooting?
>>
>(you) farming
happy summer
>>
>>70953012
I didnt say good/bad. I just said Ive found that is the major difference in mindset. Did I touch a nerve?
>>
Do you also think it's hilarious that my friend who bought a .500 went target shooting with me shot four rounds through it and said he regrets it while I dropped 8 dead nuts with my .380 and they were mirin?

I used to fire AAG for a living, no sense in carrying it.
>>
>>70953030
>says the guy who invited millions of muslims into his country and doesnt even have a gun to defend himself
>>
>>70953030
The desire to rob or kill is independent from the tool used to facilitate it. The only thing you get from removing the gun is the victim's effectiveness in defending himself
>>
>>70952980

How is the trivialization and fetishization of tools of war a good thing? I'm not asking for less guns I'm asking for more respect for what they are, regardless of the person's intentions. Why on Earth is that stance a bad thing and how would it in any way affect peoples' freedoms?
>>
>>70953030

You ever find that place you let reality know.
>>
>>70952793
what about the corvair?
>>
>>70953042
You should learn that it varies from person to person, rather than just labeling things as your definition of liberal or conservative
>>
>>70953030
So Antarctica?
Just don't piss of a penguin or fall in the water.
>>
>>70953081
This. Fucking gunfaggots with their victim complex
>>
>>70952980
>A conservative assumes good intentions unless proven otherwise.

that's why conservatives want all the restrictions on nonexistent voter fraud and want to stop evil gays from having families
>>
>>70952955

How are his beliefs inconsistent
>>
>>70953096
Im talking about the ideologies, not individuals. It holds true. Liberals tend to push laws that take a pessimistic view of mankind. Conservatives an optimistic. Each side goes too far sometimes, but I prefer the optimistic and deal with the results than constantly taking rights to err on the side of caution

>>70953176
Strawman harder
>>
>>70953081
What are you even saying? You want a law that says you cant show people your guns or what? I dont get it
>>
>>70953081
So hiding them away and pretending you don't have them is somehow morally superior? Just because they're "tools of war?"

What about the numerous guns that have no military application? What about proper education on what they really are? The fearful "respect" that you so desire creates a sense of mystery and elevates them in desirability to be used for dramatic purposes. To desensitize and disillusion people imo is the better solution.

Oooh the ar-15, the bane of the innocent victim. Now it's in every shooting. Before that it was simply a popular varmint and home defense gun
>>
>>70953340
He didn't say that. He means that collecting guns and showing them off means you're a weird fuck.

Being a furry for example is legal and should absolutely remain legal, but that doesn't mean you're not a fucking weirdo.
>>
>>70950262
P238, my nigga, my summer carry.

What holster you use? IWB?
>>
>>70953067
i know that the refugees are a problem. But you only hear so much about them because the media focuses on them (rightfully so).

If you compare the numbers of violent refugees in all of europe and the number of violent niggers, white trash etc. for the last week the number for the niggers will be much much higher

>>70953075
having a gun with you at all time isnt save at all

>>70953088
i live in Austria for example and i know many places where id go at night alone without being scared one bit
>>
>>70953355
>numerous guns with no military application

Kek

Gun nuts don't even know what they're talking about anymore, I'm out of this thread
>>
>>70953376
To what extent? Wtf are you guys talking about? Gun collections are not weird at all. You sound like your dad never took you shooting as a kid. If thats the case thats fine, but why butt into something you obviously dont have even a basic understanding of?
>>
>>70953081
People collect all kinds of shit that are just "tools of war," like uniforms, medals, insignias, old weapons, and all kinds of war memorabilia. I don't see the distinction. Gun safety is important, but I don't see how you can't be a collector and still practice proper gun safety. Do you think they should shut down all war museums?
>>
>>70953392
>having a gun with you at all time isnt save at all
Why the fuck not? Is the gun going to pull its own trigger?
>>
>>70953404
>.22lr is a viable military round
>>
>>70953404
You think little .22 plinkers are tools of war? Or highly specialized Olympic rifles?
>>
>>70953433
its unsafe because carrying a gun means that theres always a gun where you are.

An attacker could take it from you and make your situation way more dangerous

(im talking about central Europe here, where its highly unlikely that someone is carrying a gun)
>>
>>70953392
Not being scared and knowing reality are two different things you fucking idiot.
>>
>>70953422
Take one of your guns and kill yourself with it

Give it a purpose for once
>>
>>70953499
Lmao this is what gungrabbers actually believe.

Someone comes at you with a knife

Would you rather
>have a gun
>not have a gun

Replace "knife" with any weapon
>>
>>70953543
>>70953538
Why are gunfags so sensitive? Not the type of people who should be carrying around high-powered weapons
>>
Is OP still answering questions?
>>
>>70953499
Are you not going to wear a proper holster? Are you going to tell him exactly where the gun is before defending yourself?

And if you're in a position where you have no choice but to relinquish your gun to an attacker, you were fucked to begin with
>>
>>70953543

A group of people shags you from behind, a big guy holding your arms behind your back

Would you rather
>have a gun
>not have a gun

it entirely depends on the situation. Of course id like a gun in your scenario to scare that fucker off. But i still think not having one with you is the better choice overall
>>
>>70953561

*Unable to take more of these unfair insults, I start wildly punching you*

ROOOAARRUGAAAUGHHH!!!!!!!!!!
>>
To explain the context of the American gun debate to Europeans, the pro-gun side seems so intractable because gun rights have slowly been eroded throughout the 20th century. The problem is the "reasonable compromise" suggested by gun-control groups almost always means giving up some of your gun rights in exchange for keeping the rest. After the assault weapons ban in 1994 people realized it was better to stand up and oppose any "compromise" rather than slide down a slippery slope.

It's a shame, I consider myself a very pro-gun person and there are some gun-control measures I'd accept in exchange for cleaning up the overly arbitrary and restrictive parts of gun laws.
>>
>>70953599
>I'd rather get fucked in the ass than be able to defend myself

anon...
>>
>>70953599
>group of people shags you from behind

What is situation awareness?
They teach you this in defensive concealed carry classes.
>>
>>70953499
Look up retention holsters, things have come a long way from the leather ones you're thinking about.
>>
>>70953599
Anon. If theyre were gonna kill you, youre gonna die. It's probably better to be shot than beaten over the head or stabbed. 10 times out if 10 youd rather have a gun when you get attacked
>>
File: ciagettingbanged.webm (400 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ciagettingbanged.webm
400 KB, 1920x1080
>>70953599
>big guy holding your arms behind your back
This can't be happening! I'm in charge here!
>>
>>70952478
Take two, they're small ;P
>>
>>70953541
Stay classy gungrabbers
>>
>>70953541
>implying guns don't make people look cool.

Next you'll tell me cigarette smoking is retarded, even though everyone does.

Lick my clit.
>>
>>70952257
No. Gun manufacturers test this millions of times
>>
>>70953839
Smoking is retarded, and I instantly lose respect for anyone who does. So do the majority of people.

It's tattoo-tier
>>
>>70952257
Yes, mostly on older firearms and designs.
>>
>>70952098
Ignorance.
>>
>>70952098
The same reason people call semi auto rifles "fully automatic military-style assault weapons"
>>
>>70953905
Ignorance on the audience's part specifically. Looks cool to people that don't understand. The armorer and firearms advisor in set will know better and probably brings it up when it gets run by them.
>>
>>70952257
On very rare occasions under very specific conditions. 9999 out of 10000 nothing happens.
>>
>>70953969
This exactly. The other big offense is cocking the hammer on a pistol when it makes no sense.
>>
File: Charley-Chase-Hat-002.jpg (216 KB, 733x1100) Image search: [Google]
Charley-Chase-Hat-002.jpg
216 KB, 733x1100
>>70953887
Good to know, have fun dying alone, loser.
>>
>>70954028
I dare you to post her no makeup
>>
Hillary 2016
>>
>>70952769
So you're telling me guns are just decoration? Then why do people need them for 'self defense'?
>>
>>70952839
Why do you need to have a collection of guns? To compensate your tiny dick by showing everyone how dangerous you are?

You really only need one good gun if you're so worried someone is gonna rape you amigo.
>>
>>70954337
You can't use the decorations around your house for self defense? Or do decorations kill too
>>
>>70954381
>why do you need..
Stopped reading. You dont need 20 dragon head dildos, do you anon? But we're not all trying to take them away from you, are we?
>>
>>70952843
When I think of a car I think of it as transportation. When I think of a gun I think of something to hurt others.

Unless you are legitimately mentally challenged you know damn well what the intention of these objects are for.

And unless you buy a gun without having any bullets in your possession at all, you did not get it just to look at.
>>
>>70954452
And your point is...?
>>
>>70953607
>there are some gun-control measures I'd accept in exchange for cleaning up the overly arbitrary and restrictive parts of gun laws.

can you give some examples?
>>
>>70954452
What you think doesn't make it what it is. The primary purpose of a car is to transport. Not to transport you to work or to race or to crash into a crowded market place unless specifically designed to do so.
A primary purpose of a gun is to shoot. Not shoot a burglar or kids or paper or a deer unless specifically designed to do so. That's all it is
>>
>>70954258
If I could find a pic, I would anon.
>>
>>70953340
Why do you wanna show people your collection of guns? That just makes most people uncomfortable unless they are really comfortable with using one themselves.

Hell, I've got two guns and I've used them at a shooting range and for hunting trips, but even I'd feel uncomfortable around someone was bragging about a huge gun collection.

People who have no respect for how dangerous and threatening those things can be have no business owning that many. Because it sure seems most gun collectors view them on the same level as a 'stamps collection'.
>>
>>70954707
You dont like checking out people's collections? Sometimes people have a really cool gun that you wanted to hold or see in person. That isnt weird at all. Thats the main reason people go to gun shops is to check out cool guns, I dont see why them being privately owned is scaring you so much
>>
>>70950821
Very. Shit ain't that hard to do
>>
>>70954707
Because it's a free fucking country you fuck.
>Let's turn this item that hasn't been a problem before into some sort of mysterious evil symbol and respect its power.
>Oh no now all the mass shooters are gravitating to this symbol of evil we created how did this happen where's the respect??
Works so well
>>
>>70954707
>>>/europe/
>>
>>70953422
Yeah, my dad owns a bunch of rifles and shotguns and took us out to the desert to shoot them at cans and targets. My little sister wandered in front of the firing range right before I was about to shoot it and it put the fear of guns in me for life. Thank god nothing happened to her.

If you own guns and don't at least fear them and what they can do then that makes you careless and potentially dangerous. Waving your guns around is not something to be proud of. I have more respect for someone who understands that people rightfully fear them and don't want to see them in casual situations.
>>
>>70954858
Dude fuck off with your strawmen. Nobody is talking about waving guns around. You never point it anywhere you dont want it shoot. The fact your little sister was wandering around downrange calls into question anything you could possibly have to say about gun safety
>>
>>70951367
I agree with your point. But the accessibility and availability of guns is alarming. Pawn shops especially give minimal fucks who you are as long as you have money. This is from personal experience, I love my guns but it's worrisome that I was so Easily able to acquire one
>>
>>70953431
Do you even read the shit you are writing? Uniforms and medals are not fucking weapons. Guns are. Guns in museums are not loaded nor can they be fired.

If you believe guns are just for decoration and museums then maybe you'd agree to make bullets illegal since that is what makes the gun dangerous in the first place.
>>
>>70954935
You'd be able to get them either way if you wanted a gun. $15, a trip to home depot, and 30 minutes is all you need to build yourself a shotgun. There's detailed tutorials on how to manufacture a sten or Mac 11 pattern weapon if you so desire to have one. Hell, prisoners have been found with automatic weapons they manufactured themselves while in prison.
>>
>>70953543
I'd rather be physically fit and able to fight rather than have a weapon that could be taken from me or risk accidentally hit someone innocent near me in a struggle. Guns have to be loaded before they can be fired so if someone is suddenly coming at you then you probably don't have time to react as quickly as you are imagining it.
>>
File: 195_1.jpg (194 KB, 728x409) Image search: [Google]
195_1.jpg
194 KB, 728x409
I own a semi-automatic Oozie 9mm. I also live in Iowa and have never committed a felony.
>>
File: 1465971220444.jpg (51 KB, 617x667) Image search: [Google]
1465971220444.jpg
51 KB, 617x667
>>70950262
>Ask a guy who sells guns anything
So?
>>
File: 1364504982343.gif (2 MB, 260x229) Image search: [Google]
1364504982343.gif
2 MB, 260x229
>>70955067
>I'd rather be physically fit and able to fight
>>
>>70955067
Tell that to David Sparde.
>>
9mm ammo is the hardest to buy, because everyone And their mother are already buying it. In the U.S. at least.
>>
>>70955067
These aren't mutually exclusive. You can have a gun and be physically capable in a fight. Even being physically fit, you will encounter people who are simply more physically fit and/or better in a fight. You may be having an off day or sick. That's why guns are considered the great equalizer. Just as you must dedicate yourself to become physically fit, you can and should do the same with your defensive gun, both at shooting and drawing. Also the odds of hitting a bystander are extremely small, especially if you're well aware of your surroundings
>>
>>70950312
would you rather he blew them up?
or have him stay in the shadows kidnapping and torturing the people to death that he hated?
>>
>>70953607
It would be best if we had one specific self-defense weapon sold in place of guns. Civilians shouldn't be able to buy automatic weapons. Period. What we really need is to create the technology to have something like Star Trek phasers that just paralyze someone without any injuries. None of this messy bullets tearing through flesh stuff.

As for guns for hunting, I'm not sure. Maybe with the hunting license you're only allowed to purchase a limited amount of bullets. It'll teach you not to waste them.
>>
>>70953701
Please don't shoot me.
>>
>>70954968
He said tools of war, not weapons.

Guns aren't just for decoration, but they can be used for decoration if you want to. Gun collectors aren't the ones committing shooting sprees, so I don't see why you give them such a hard time about their hobby.
>>
>>70955249
Yeah bro. This weapon should also rhyme with phaser too. Oh wait it already exists and is garbage and still ends up killing and injuring people inadvertantly.

And we do need to teach those pesky mass shooters to be less wasteful. More Austin belltower shooters is the way to go
>>
>>70953839
They aren't cool when you walked in on someone who committed suicide with one. Probably the messiest way to die and it leaves your loved ones to clean it up.
>>
>>70950262
>>70950262
Have you ever not sold a gun to somebody based on your own opinions of them not regulations or some shit?
>>
>>70955249
>Civilians shouldn't be able to buy automatic weapons.
they really cant atm.
>>
>>70955249
you should move to Paris. it's nice and safe there for you.
>>
>>70952355
The gun store clerk already notified the FBI, but they dismissed it as Islamophobia.
>>
>>70954858
If someone points a gun at you, you will freeze and get shot.
>>
What's a good revolver in the $300-400 range?

I'm not particular about caliber and I'd like something small enough to use for concealed carry.
>>
>ITT Butthurt Americans salty that the rest of the world thinks Better Gun Control is a sensible precaution versus ill informed non Americans who assume Walmart has a miniguns and tanks aisle

How is it /tv/ mods?
>>
>>70955383
Pretty hardcore way to go out considering they're 10+ pounds without the magazine.
>>
>>70955383
How do you commit suicide with a cigarette?
>>
>>70955600
any 38 you can find in that price range pretty much desu
>>
>>70955640
Very Slowly.
>>
>>70955698
Touché.
>>
>>70954452
>When I think
That's your subjective view. When I think of a gun, I think of a slab of metal that launches a projectile. When I use a gun, that projectile is launched at an inanimate, artificial target. It's a dumb hobby like any other dumb hobby, and there's absolutely nothing wrong about that.
>>
>>70954707
>Why do you wanna show people your collection of guns?
It's literally no different from the nerd next door showing off his Steam account with 666 games. That's what people do, especially enthusiasts.
>>
>>70950737
the sheer euphoria of this post
>>
>>70950312
That's not a question, professor.
>>
What did you get your PHD in Tyrone?
Thread replies: 188
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.