[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was he wrong? Would you have assassinated Daenerys if you were
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7
File: king-robert.jpg (183 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
king-robert.jpg
183 KB, 1280x720
Was he wrong?

Would you have assassinated Daenerys if you were in his position, or would you have sided with Ned Stark and let her live?
>>
Ned was the only person in this series that was right. The irony is that the book/show tricks all the audience into believe Ned is a fool, and that playing the politics the way they do currently is the correct path, but so far all it has brought is absolute ruin.

Honour, compassion, integrity and humility are the key to ruling a Kingdom. GRRM attempts to inject Machiavellism into a setting that needed it the least. Look at all great Kingdoms, Empires and States throughout the narrative of our world, and you will find in their rulers the same qualities that Eddard Stark shares.

Let it be said that if Eddard Stark was able to live under the grace of God, he would adhere to it like no other of the sinful Lords of Westeros, for who is the most symbolic of these qualities than Christ himself?
>>
>>70947168
He did nothing wrong. Bobby B was running Westoro's perfectly fine until Ned came with his cuck ideals. He was redpilled on the Targaryeans.
>>
>>70947672
How was Ned right? She's literally building an army to attack them
>>
>>70947672
Nice
>>
i'd never accept the position of king in the first place
>>
>>70947789
Her claim was weak, the Targaryeans were gone and the rulership transitioned perfectly fine into Roberts hands. All Robert had to do was adhere to Stark principles of morality and rulership, and all of Westeros would eventually see the benefit of such a stable realm.

It was dashed however, as Robert sought quickly to scheme himself more power, and with it taught a precedent for his other lords to do likewise.
>>
>>70947672
Ned had morality and respected the law until that morality conflicted with it.
>>
>>70947789
she's doing a shit job and there'd be thousands of more able-bodied men alive in the 7 kingdoms to fight her if they hadn't had a civil war
>>
>>70947672

>the book

You mean the one where the Starks ex-vassals (besides Karstarks and Boltons) are planning an uprising and have sent Davos to rescue Rickon so they can declare open rebellion and install a Stark once again?

No. The politics are more powerful in the short term, but in the long term honor and nobility is stronger.
>>
>>70947921
There's no law but the King's word, if Robert had acquiesced, his subjects would have done likewise.
>>
>>70947672

Ned was right that Stannis was the true king.

STANNIS! STANNIS! STANNIS!
>>
Considering Dany is bringing over tens of thousands of horse-fucking, ass-raping, small-folk slaughtering, castle destroying dothraki with her, along side such other fine friends such as the ass-raping, reaving, stealing and murdering ironbabies.

Oh, and don't forget about her Dragons who are going to set cities alight and burn tens of thousands of innocent civilians alive. Not to even mention her sellswords who kill for who pays them, without honor or the unsullied who individually aren't bad """"people"""" but are for the most part emotionless, unfeeling painless warriors.

She is going to turn Westeros, an entire continent who has been at war with itself for years now, with the small folk suffering most, into an even shittier situation in which the small folk get no rest or respite. Fuck Dany and her ego. Aegon didn't bring rapist, slavers and murderers with him when he invaded Westeros, he brought knights and soldiers. He even showed much mercy even to houses that opposed his conquest.

Based Bobby B was right as usual.
>>
>>70948000
The Old Gods will interfere and destroy the White Walkers, and the Dragons. The Starks are the Song to the North's Ice and the House's Fire.
>>
>>70947672
Ned may have been "right" but his actions caused so much bloodshed that the Kingdom is literally going to collapse in the show once Cersei burns Kings Landing to the ground

Thousands would have been spared if he agreed to take the Throne with Renly and then later betrayed him for Stannis, declaring for Stannis immediately was a waste
>>
>>70948155
It was not their place to tie a Stark into their messy political game. He was a close friend of Robert and that is all they jumped on.
>>
I think one of the biggest reasons Ned didn't want to harm daenyrys it's because she is the twin of Jon snow I strongly believe they are brother sister one taking after the starks looks the other the Targaryen ,Ned knew the truth this is why he didn't want any part harming her daenyrys is his niece an Jon snows biological sister
>>
File: got tv thread.jpg (61 KB, 713x249) Image search: [Google]
got tv thread.jpg
61 KB, 713x249
>>70947789
>She's literally building an army to attack them
Partly because of the assassination attempt.

If westeros was united and not ravaged by civil war, she wouldn't have a chance.
>>
>>70948236
If they were twins, Jon Snow would have had silver hair.
>>
File: Friedrich_Zweite_Alt.jpg (2 MB, 1048x1321) Image search: [Google]
Friedrich_Zweite_Alt.jpg
2 MB, 1048x1321
>>70947672
>t.
>>
>>70947168
No, he was not wrong, Viserys and Daenerys were a threat to realm stability.

>>70948247
Westeros wouldn't have been united in the case of an invasion though, which is why Robert is so afraid. Daenerys was not supposed to be successful either, she was supposed to open the way for Aegon.
>>
>>70948278
Not all twins are identical twins
>>
>>70948247
The moment Dany landed in Westeros, the Dornish and Ironborn would have declared for her immediately, Robert would have had to make Renly work overtime on Loras' dick to make sure the Tyrells didn't join her too

If Renly failed, Robert would be facing a long and brutal Civil War that would also bring the Kingdom to the brink of collapse
>>
>>70947168
I would have left her be and killed the Lannisters instead
>>
>>70947168
Dany a shit
GoT would easily be at least 3x better if she was never written
>>
>>70948330
There's a considerable amount of Targaryen loyalists in the Reach, Vale, Stormlands, and Riverlands as well.
>>
The show would be a lot more enjoyable without fiyah end bluhd.
>>
>>70948330
>Robert, Tywin, Eddard and Stannis vs Balon, Mace, Doran and Dany

Damn that would have been better than what we have now
>>
>>70948000
Like another Anon said earlier. Westeros would be more than strong enough to defeat Dany had they not descended into civil war once Robert drank himself to an untimely end, and Ned lost his head.
>>
File: got gendry.jpg (19 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
got gendry.jpg
19 KB, 500x281
>>70948291
>she was supposed to open the way for Aegon.
Bookfag please go.
>>
>>70947168
Killing her and Viserys was the shrewd thing to do to keep the peace.

Though I don't see any evidence Robert had ever sent any assassins after them. It seems to me like he only decided at last on assassination once Dany was pregnant. He also respected Drogo as a warrior/commander.

Robert doesn't like to kill children and keep in mind Dany is 12 or 13 in A Game of Thrones. So I think the tales of "the usurper's blades" being after the pair is just Visery's ego and imagination/delusion.
>>
File: 1422789298332.jpg (114 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1422789298332.jpg
114 KB, 600x600
>>70948415
Fuck
>>
>>70948415
>Stannis

Why the need to mention Stannis? He's irrelevant, especially compared to Edmure or Renly, who would have also been on Robert's side.

Not sure Mace would have backed Dany either, he would have most likely been stuck fighting rebellious vassals, or stayed back from the whole thing.
>>
>>70948486
>Why the need to mention Stannis?

I imagined a battle scene led by a bro-op of Stannis, Ned and Robert
>>
>>70948419
Dany landing on Westeros by itself would have caused a civil war.

Westeros was most certainly not united.
>>
>>70948486
It wouldn't be Mace's choice, if the majority of Olenna's vassals were itching to swear loyalty to the Targs again, I could see her flipping to Dany's side unless Loras persuaded her otherwise
>>
>>70948387
Olenna would have a lot of trouble trying to keep her vassals from revolting, same goes for some of the Baratheon vassals

But Edmure and Lysa would have shut that shit down fast if their vassals started revolting, any of their houses that would want to be on Dany's side would have had trouble joining her army which would have likely landed in Dorne

Ironborn could only do it because they focus on having a strong navy and could prevent invasions from the Lannisters, Riverlands, and North with it
>>
Why didn't Ned bail around the same time as Renly and call the banners in the North to work together with Stannis? Literally everything would've been fixed had he done that.
>>
>>70948281
underrated post
>>
>>70948729
He trusted Littlefinger.
>>
File: 1452337327840.jpg (50 KB, 512x397) Image search: [Google]
1452337327840.jpg
50 KB, 512x397
>>70948419
>Westeros would be more than strong enough to defeat Dany

dude she has 3 dragons, a billion sandniggers and a bunch of spartan eunuchs
>>
>>70948824
she didn't have any of that before Ned died
>>
>>70948845

Robert guessed she would be a threat, most likely from sheer bloodlust but he was correct none the less.

Also perhaps read what I said, unless the poster I was responding to was implying they could have defeated her before Ned died... when she had no armies or dragons, I can only assume we're talking about what she's currently capable of.
>>
>>70948824
Yeah now she does, and now there's only going to be 1 person who can even theoretically oppose her when she invades

If Olenna joins her, Dany will stroll into Kings Landing with no resistance, considering what's left of the Lannisters will likely be off fighting the Starks and Arryns
>>
>>70947168

Consider Dothraki have now been committed to Westeros TWICE, I would say he was justified.

"I will fear the dothraki when they teach their horses to ride on water" - Dead Ned

"I will put you on ships and sail over to Westeros where we can fuck shit up xDDD grl power" - Delores Stormbringer first of her name in stunning speech #11
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.