[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
Thoughts on this?
>>
It was shit as a horror. Really simplistic in its symbolism too.
>>
>>70943882
Mediocre, forgettable horror movie.
>>
Aarrrrrgggghhh urrrrggghhhh whaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh

For 2 hours.

One day I will find that kid and crack his skull.
>>
total trash, the milf i would deepthroat so her kid
>>
Best horror movie in a long fucking time great atmosphere great editing great pacing only regret is that idk why they used that stock power ranger dino sound effect
>>
>>70943979
This. Good movie in every respect except the kid.
>>
it was more of a drama and less of a horrorflick and Id perhaps recommend it to someone I know
HOWEVER
>>
>>70943882
Eh.

Better than most modern horror trash but still trash
Same with It Follows desu
>>
File: tumblr_not3xwSc391rpxkmvo1_400.gif (855 KB, 334x251) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_not3xwSc391rpxkmvo1_400.gif
855 KB, 334x251
So was the bitch crazy?
>>
File: CEm4Hv-WAAE5IXg.jpg (44 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
CEm4Hv-WAAE5IXg.jpg
44 KB, 600x600
>>70943882
Hardly a classic but worth mentioning in the horror genre.
>>
>>70943882
Sucked shit
the tumblr of horror films
muh female director
it was shit
I hated it
and I forgot about it till just now
>>
overly simplistic visual symbolism thats borderline kitsch in terms of its aestheticism and some of the most embarrasing wannabe-naturalist dialogue in recent memory. trite narrative that banks on the current social media trend of mental illness as a form of social capital and as the main part of someone's identity. unlikeable characters and not-quite-detrimental but instantly forgettable performances by the 2 leads. tone really seems to lend itself to the insistence that there is substantial depth to its 'antagonist' and its pervasive affect on the two leads, especially the kid, when in reality the themes put forth by it and its affect are so easily discernible that they may come off as insulting to people expeting more due the the level of praise it received online and elsewhere.

it's really not good

it follows was bad as well but was at least interesting visually, had a strikingly self-aware narrative for the genre, and alluded to carpenter in its aesthetics and its sound design and its ost.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.