[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Remake when?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: the thing.jpg (21 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
the thing.jpg
21 KB, 400x300
Remake when?
>>
>>70941152
when you're mum shaves her legs the play the thing
>>
>>70941152
We got a mediocre prequel a few years ago and it bombed hard so the studio won't touch The Thing for a long time.
>>
>>70941242
it bombed because they used cgi
>>
>>70941458
Naw it bombed because it sucked. The effects where horrible but they would be forgivable if the story was good.
>>
I'm okay with a remake but only if Carpenter directs it and the original cast comes back
>>
File: mew.webm (2 MB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
mew.webm
2 MB, 1280x960
>>70941242
>>70941917
I thought it was pretty well done. the atmosphere was great and the performances were fine. I also didn't mind the cgi effects, they were serviceable. yeah it sucked that they put stupid cgi over well made practical effects, but that's not something I get mad over.
>>
>>70941152

Try 30 years. bumping first to keep thread alive.
>>
>>70941152
Hoprefully fucking never, that shit is prefect as is. Have you seen the reboot/prequel or whatever.

fuck that noise.
>>
>>70941152
The original is kinomatographique enough.
>>
File: 1319171104933.jpg (57 KB, 480x720) Image search: [Google]
1319171104933.jpg
57 KB, 480x720
they already made one and it was garbage.
>>
File: Adaptation.png (1 MB, 2437x2304) Image search: [Google]
Adaptation.png
1 MB, 2437x2304
>>70943548

As others have pointed out, there was a prequel/"remake" five years ago, which was a failure. That said, I personally liked it, found it to be a decent companion piece, and I know I have a minority opinion on this.

The exact reason for my "30 years" comment is that "official" Thing movies now have a very well-established patteren of happening every 30 years. The Christian Nyby/Hawks original dropped in 1951, Carpenter's Master Class was given in 1982, and the prequel dropped 2011.

As for the original short story, consider the following: that came out in 1938. Fucker is almost 80 years old. The Thing is an old property! Not only that, but Orson Welles' radio dramatization of War of the Worlds happened /within a few weeks/ of the original publication of "Who Goes There?" 1938 was therefore a seminal year for science fiction.
>>
didnt they make a bunch of practical effects for the prequel a few years back then replace it all with CGI
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.