[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Time is a flat circle.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: rust.jpg (28 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
rust.jpg
28 KB, 640x360
Time is a flat circle.
>>
How come he didn't pass out and vomit all over the room from all the booze?
>>
I think we can look back on TD season 1 and realize it wasn't as good as we thought originally.
>>
All circles are flat.

A circle that isn't flat is a sphere.

Also S2 of True Detective is a masterpiece and better than S1.

Facts.
>>
>>70940028
This. It's even better.
>>
File: heavy shit.webm (864 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
heavy shit.webm
864 KB, 1280x720
>>70940028

>Also S2 of True Detective is a masterpiece and better than S1.

getting pretty tired of this meme
>>
>>70940026
because he's not a faggot like you
>>70940028
it's probably all the way around. people will eventually grow old enough to leave contrarianism behind and finally accept TD s1 is one of the best shows ever made.

but not the best.
>>
>>70940028
I think we can look back on this post and realize you're even more pleb than we originally thought.

>>70940032
S2 is not awful like people say but it ain't no masterpiece.

Cut gay cop, cut twins/diamonds story and just focus on the parties or the land deals, re write some dialogue, re write the ending. Then it'd be perfect.
>>
>time is a fat circle

What did coop mean by this?
>>
>>70939982
Pretty much spot on, some people realize it and continue anyway, others don't and live blissful lives.
>>
>>70940161
It's a Greek Tragedy. All the things you want cut are literally essential to the story.
>>
>>70940161
>cut gay cop
he was the best character, mate.

>no, no, fuck you. fuck you.
always get me, man. episode 7 from the second season is up there along with 4th and 5th from the first.
>>
>>70940026

Because he didn't eat anything.
>>
>>70940314
Stop repeating shit you read here like a fucking parrot
>>
>>70940396
Hey retard, it is a greek tragedy, which you'd know if you were even semi-literate. One of the main characters is literally named Antigone. There is an easter egg in the final episode where we see a glimpse of the phrase "Grecian formula" mentioned in a newspaper article. The panticapaeum institute is an important setting on the show and Panticapaeum is an ancient greek city. The lounge singer on the show fills the chorus role, and the main characters die due to their own failings just like in a greek tragedy.

Wake the fuck up idiot.
>>
File: 1372688570485.gif (2 MB, 580x433) Image search: [Google]
1372688570485.gif
2 MB, 580x433
>>70940727
>m-muh-muh symbolism
>>
>>70940727
I see what you're saying but it was poorly executed.

Like OK Frank died because of his pride but having the Mexicans do it was stupid. No reason they should have known where to find him as that wasn't his car and he'd been in hiding for days.

Someone said you're supposed to assume the jewler tipped them off but "assume whatever happened off screen" is shitty story telling.

As its presented in the show they just roll up on him at the light cause they're either really lucky or omnipotent, either option is stupid.
>>
File: 1450778411369.jpg (11 KB, 215x211) Image search: [Google]
1450778411369.jpg
11 KB, 215x211
>>70940026
>6 cans and a flask
>all the booze
>pass out and vomit

>americunts
>>
>>70940026

kek
>>
>>70940161
>cut twins/diamonds story

The WTF nature of the Crow with a shotgun full of non-lethal rounds who liked to burn people's eyes and balls was the only thing that kept me going through most of the show as it was the only mystery I really gave a shit about. Shame it amounts to pretty much fuckall by the end and Crow-brother gets taken out like a bitch.
>>
>>70941942
It was weird how they spent so much time talking about the parties then in the end the murder had nothing to do with them but was just a revenge killing by some random kids and it was really stupid when Ray was suddenly like "omg that photographer I talked to once is that little boy in the picture as an adult it all makes sense now!"
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 799x1360) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 799x1360
>>
>>70941423
This. Function before form.

Td s1 is first and foremost a good execution of your average buddy cop detective show given a 21st century, darker spin. Cool. Within that, however, is a bunch of awesome meta-commentary.

Maybe td s2 accomplishes that meta-commentary part, but I can't really care because its packaging (the surface elements) are poorly executed.
>>
>>70942421
Pretty much yea. Pizza got ahead of himself. I disagree with people who criticize the acting though, I thought they all did well.

Even the unnaturally stiff performance of Woodrugh makes sense when you consider that he's pretending to be a guy who is pretending to be someone he's not. Vince was a great as well I thought.

Farrell was not perfect as Ray though imo cause you could tell it was a put on accent and not how he really talks. The character was fine but to me it never sounded natural when Farrell spoke.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.