[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Common to Star in ‘Black Samurai’ TV Series
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: common-oscars-2016[1].jpg (31 KB, 670x377) Image search: [Google]
common-oscars-2016[1].jpg
31 KB, 670x377
>http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/black-samurai-tv-series-common-1201797593/

BOKUTACHI GA
>>
WE
>>
>>70939203

WUZ
>>
>>70939203
WAZ
>>
>>70939185

Sammy L Jackson already did this shit 10 years ago lol with based Afro Samurai
>>
How is this not cultural appropriation?
>>
>>70939185
KANGUS
>>
Common is your typical down low gay nigger lol
>>
WE
>>
>>70939242
It's only cultural appropriate if you're white.
>>
>>70939242
No clue of this show, but the story of japan have at least one real black samurai. Yasuke, also know as Kuro-Suke. He served to Oda Nubunaga´s

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yasuke
>>
as a black person I can honestly say that I probably wont watch this out of indifference
>>
i dont get it, common is a shitty actor and a shitty rapper, literally only the whitest of whites like his corny ass soft ass music. he managed to get dissed by the only rapper slightly less soft than him, drake. but he keeps getting work.
>>
WE
>>
>>70939242
>How is this not cultural appropriation?

Yasuke. He was a black servant that came from portugal and he ended up carrying a sword and fighting for Nobunaga. He was the most famous black man in Japanese history (before Bob Sapp came around).

>Yasuke arrived in Japan in 1579 as the servant of the Italian Jesuit Alessandro Valignano, who had been appointed the Visitor (inspector) of the Jesuit missions in the Indies, meaning East Africa, South and East Asia. He accompanied Valignano when the latter came to the capital area in March 1581 and caused something of a sensation. In one event, several people were crushed to death while clamouring to get a look at him, the Jesuits feared their church would be flattened but they managed to avert disaster. Nobunaga heard the noise from the temple where he was staying and expressed a desire to see him.

>Suspecting the black color of his skin to be black ink, Nobunaga had him strip from the waist up and made him scrub his skin

>Nobunaga enjoyed talking with him (there is no indication that Nobunaga spoke Portuguese and it is unlikely that Yasuke would have been able to communicate in classical Chinese, the oriental lingua franca of the time). He seems to have become a close retainer, and was perhaps the only non-Japanese 'warrior' that Nobunaga had in his retinue, which could account for his rapid rise in favour and status. Yasuke was also mentioned in the prototype of Shinchōkōki owned by Sonkeikaku Bunko (尊経閣文庫), the archives of the Maeda Clan. According to this, Yasuke was given his own residence and a short, ceremonial katana by Nobunaga. Nobunaga also assigned him the duty of weapon bearer.
>>
>/pol/ triggered
>>
File: 42-21874974.jpg (99 KB, 380x480) Image search: [Google]
42-21874974.jpg
99 KB, 380x480
>>70939388
>Solier's account may however have been an assumption as it was written so long after the event and there is no surviving contemporary account that corroborates it. Therefore, although there is no evidence, it is also possible that he also came from Portugal, Angola or Ethiopia
>No evidence

In other words, somebody saw a black man in a traditional Japanese painting and immediately shouted to their SJW co-workers "LOOK, A BLACK SAMURAI!". There's no way the guy was a dark skinned Asian islander; no, he had to be a black man from Africa.

I really do hate people who push this kind of shit. I hope the Asian community bands together and calls this shit out, and it flops dramatically.
>>
>>70939852
The story pre-dates actual SJW. I recall listening this back in 80´s and since the whole story isn´t confirmed because the guys is suposed no not be a high ranked samurai, the first foregin shit to arrive in Japan was portuguese: The Black Ship. They spent a lot of time in japan, enough to share european culinary customs like fried food (wih evolved with the time from "temperatura" to "tempura")

Portuguese had black slaves, so a blacks in feudal japan is not too weird.
>>
>>70940122
SJWs have always been a thing, they just haven't had a voice/power until the saturation of the internet.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.