[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on this show? Worth watching?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: Boardwalk_Empire.jpg (293 KB, 1000x683) Image search: [Google]
Boardwalk_Empire.jpg
293 KB, 1000x683
Thoughts on this show? Worth watching?
>>
>>70933484
Totally. Very well made, really entertaining, lots of crazy characters.
>>
It looks like a shitty version of Mad Men.
>>
>>70933484
It's actually my favorite show. However things start getting shitty after season 3
>>
>>70933484
Almost all actors in this show taken individually are enough of a reason to watch the show. They're so damn good desu
>>
>>70933552
pretty much this

Season 2 is GOAT
>>
>>70933552
this
>>
>>70933552
i thought all seasons were great but 5 was completely shit until the very end.
>>
>>70933550
In the same way you're shittier version of people.
>>
>>70933552
this. The final season is especially disappointing and truncated since HBO only gave the showrunner one shortened season to finish the story instead of two
>>
>>70933601
pls spoil me the end of season 5. I watched and loved all seasons except 5 and don't have the patience to do it.
>>
>>70933484
worth watching until a certain character dies. show gets real shitty real fast after that. you'll know it when it happens.
>>
>>70933642
James' Darmody's son blows out Nucky's brains on the boardwalk
>>
>>70933642
tommy, jimmy's son, kills nucky. that's pretty much it. it was very well built up and a decent ending.
>>
>>70933648
It actually makes sense that they killed James, too many people loved him and the main character of the show was Nucky.
>>
>>70933672
>>70933675
Wow so Tommy actually grows up to become a killer...

Thx lads
>>
>>70933552

Yeah they could have actually had a nice natural end with the Gyp arc if they changed a few things. Really some great acting in season 3 but the writing fell off after season 2 a lot. Season 4 was hard to watch at times. Season 5 was complete drivel.
>>
>>70933732
Nobody loves 70 years old Buscemi
>>
>>70933648
>implying that wasn't the natural conclusion to Jimmy's tragic arc

grow up, Season 3 was just as good as 2, 4 was good not great, but 5 was a return to form. It's just a shame HBO forced Winter to wrap it up so they could get to Vinyl just so they could fire Winter before the first season even ended.
>>
>>70933787
Finale of s4 was one of the best episodes in the series though
>>
>>70933766
Tried to spoiler it, but yeah. Obviously it takes place a few years later, enough time for Tommy to grow up. The episodes leading up to it some random young boy starts hanging out with Nucky. Nucky takes him under his wing and tries to give him cash which the boy scoffs at and you don't know it's Tommy until he pulls out the gun and shoots Nucky in public.
>>
Fantastic production values. Like a window into the 20s. This show got me reading a lot about that era.
>>
>>70933484
Finished first two season couple weeks ago. Great show. Haven't felt like starting season 3 since Jimmy died.
>>
File: 1430983067644.jpg (14 KB, 415x480) Image search: [Google]
1430983067644.jpg
14 KB, 415x480
>>70933830
>implying everyone didn't call the "Joe Harper=Tommy" twist as soon as he showed up in that episode where Doyle is recruiting hobos for warehouse work
>>
>>70933823

>that ham-fisted bullshit with harrow shooting the little girl
>one of the best episodes

No fucking way, plen
>>
>>70933915
That's what I thought too, but Season 3 is very good.
>>
> This city has definitely turned into some kind of Bordwalk Empire
>>
>>70933732
>>70933915
I must be one of the few who didn't like Jimmy, thought he took too much screen time from watching Nucky which would be more interesting .
>>
>>70934062
I loved Jimmy and thought his character was perfectly handled, start to finish, especially the way he went out. That was beautifully, masterfully, done.
>>
>>70933983
>I'm bored. let's go on a walk, Mr...?
>Empire. The name is John Empire

absolute garbage, of course /tv/ likes it
>>
>>70934225

>that ONE scene

god I fapped so much
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.