[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what's his best and why is it the straight story?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: DL_400x400.jpg (19 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
DL_400x400.jpg
19 KB, 400x400
what's his best and why is it the straight story?
>>
Its actually Dune
>>
>>70927510

contrarian nerd
>>
Its actually Blue Velvet
>>
>the movie he half-assedly made as a favor to his wife
>his best

Everyone knows Lost Highway is Lynch's masterpiece.
>>
>>70929055
>>70927527
>>70927510
>>70927463
>not Inland Empire
>>
>>70927463
it's his most experimental film, that's why
>>
>>70929104
So by not making a movie experimental at all it becomes experimental because it's different then his usual stuff?
>>
>>70927510
I never got the hype for his Dune movie; yet I am a big fan of his Inland Empire, Lost Highway, Twin Peaks.

No idea why but something about the way he made Dune felt a bit off
>>
>>70929171
Exactly, this is why tru plebs will say some shit like Mulholland Drive, when it's actually The Elephant Man.
>>
>>70929171
that's a good way of putting it but he did say it before in an interview i think.
>>
>>70929221

Everybody agrees.

Giada's pawpaw basically shafted him at every turn during it's production.

There's a reason Dick Laurent sounds eerily close to Dino De Laurentiis.
>>
Why do plebes enjoy shit like Mulholland Drive so much? I thought it was a chore to get through and only really enjoyed the build up and tension of the diner scene, that was actually terrifying but the rest of the movie was pretty uninspiring. Do they like it just because of the lesbian and masturbation scene?
>>
>>70929392
Same here. I wouldn't say that is Lynch's best work. Sure it's a great movie but not "super amazing" as some here say it is

>muh lesbians
>>
>>70929392
>>70929420

It's just the watered down, Oscar bait version of Lynch's masterpiece, Lost Highway.
>>
>>70929392
I loved it, but then again i'm a big Bergman fan.
>>
>>70927510
>>70927527
>>70929055
>>70929069
>>70929392
>>70929468
Care to elaborate using your own words?
>>
>>70929468
Am I the only one who thinks that all of Lynch's films connect?

>Twin Peaks
>Lost Highway
>Mulholland Drive
>Inland Empire
They all take place in the same universe I think
>>
>>70929663
I mean both Mulholland Drive & Inland Empire deal with an aspiring actress.

Twin Peaks & Lost Highway both deal with a gruesome murder - both people who commit this murder do not believe that they have done it at first/kind of possessed due to an inner demon haunting them.
>>
>>70929663

>they all take place in the same universe

I'm pretty sure that Lynch himself has said that about all those movies, and the last three are generally considered his L.A. trilogy.
>>
>>70929715
Lynch cinematic universe when?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.