[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://whatculture.com/film/10-clas sic-movies-that-only-pre
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7
File: Von Trier.jpg (727 KB, 3131x2604) Image search: [Google]
Von Trier.jpg
727 KB, 3131x2604
http://whatculture.com/film/10-classic-movies-that-only-pretentious-people-like

Attempt to read this article without getting triggered. I couldn't. These are the people deciding RT
>>
Not clicking on that sorry mate
>>
>>70925777
w2c that shirt
>>
>>70925777
>ok i am a nazi
what did he mean by this
>>
>>70925802
Sorry I'll list it out so they don't get views from you guys

10 : Last Picture Show
9: Picnic at Hanging Rock
8: The Birth of a Nation
7: Solaris
6: Anything Ingmar Bergman
5: Salo
4: Eraserhead
3: 8 1/2
2: 2001
1: Citizen Kane
>>
File: 1445503611938.jpg (69 KB, 579x960) Image search: [Google]
1445503611938.jpg
69 KB, 579x960
>He still doesn't understand how RT works
>>
Ain't clickig that shit.
>>
>>70925777
literally who no fucking cares
>>
>>70925896
>Implying I don't understand"
>Implying I don't still disagree with their yes/no recommendations based on their political agendas and shit taste mixed with their own pretentions
>>
For the love of god, move on and don't give this shit any attention.
Do not click the site!
Do not give this guy comments!
>>
File: elizabeth_berkleyvo4.jpg (209 KB, 1270x750) Image search: [Google]
elizabeth_berkleyvo4.jpg
209 KB, 1270x750
>>70925977
I went and listed it in the thread because I realized after I posted that I didn't want to give them traffic

see >>70925884

also checked
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 320x405) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 320x405
>>70925884
At least they admitted Citizen Kane is enjoyable. Although then they went lol so boring symbolism is hard wut da fuq is wit da burning slay?!?????!!??, which is so retarded I can't acknowledge it as an actual statement made seriously by a living person.
>>
>>70925884
What's even remotely pretentious about Picnic at Hanging Rock? It's spooky and it looks nice. If we were China people running sites like this would be sent to work camps or something.
>>
>>70925777
There's nothing wrong with that article, you're just a pretentious faggot.
>>
>>70925884
>6: Anything Ingmar Bergman

I'm triggered as fuck right now.
>>
File: 17.jpg (57 KB, 567x561) Image search: [Google]
17.jpg
57 KB, 567x561
>>70925777
>"cineastes" (that's what pretentious people who love movies call themselves)
hey, that's mildly adequate
>>
>>70925884
How the fuck is Last Picture Show pretentious? It's pretty straight foreword and well made.
>>
>>70925884
How are these movies that only pretentious people like? Most of these are accessible as fuck
>>
File: disgust.png (94 KB, 472x302) Image search: [Google]
disgust.png
94 KB, 472x302
Okay I read through the article like an idiot before noticing >>70925884
On Eraserhead, the argument is basically "I didn't get it so I'll call it pretentious and pretend that being ignorant is better." What the fuck man, this is how children deflect their insecurities when faced which something they don't know anything about
>>
I wonder what that moron thinks is a legitimate classic.

It amazes me how internet make it possible for vacuous people do a living out of shitting the works of far more intelligent people.
>>
>>70925777
Why is anything remotely good now considered pretentious? Do people even know what pretentious is anymore?
>>
>>70927502
The funniest bit is that the guy says he's actually a big Bergman fan.

This list is pure clickbait.
>>
>>70925884
>6: Anything Ingmar Bergman

They put a pic of seventh seal to accompany that statement. Fucking triggering niggers
>>
File: cuck.png (36 KB, 611x135) Image search: [Google]
cuck.png
36 KB, 611x135
this is the guy who wrote the article
https://twitter.com/iantilnic
>>
I like most of those movies but that doesn't mean i'm pretentious. I don't go about saying "You have to see Fellini, the shots are just breathtaking" to people whose favourite movies barely venture out of the top 250 of IMDB. I respect that they just aren't as in to the art form as me and when they ask about my Criterion Blu-Rays I will divulge and say what they are and ask If they want to borrow but I don't go on about them.

The movies aren't pretentious, it's the people and the person who is talking is more pretentious (I presume it's Blampied) as he is assuming a higher position over the people who like the movies.

Sorry shit grammar (If I made mistakes) I'm really pissed off by What Culture.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.