[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so how long till this is properly hailed as a masterpiece of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Speed_racer_ver5_xlg.jpg (30 KB, 281x415) Image search: [Google]
Speed_racer_ver5_xlg.jpg
30 KB, 281x415
so how long till this is properly hailed as a masterpiece of computer animation and experimental drama?
>>
>>70925254
I quite liked it. I thought the movie had heart, probably looks pretty dated now.
>>
>>70925254
The day it came out, 8-9 years ago.

Where u been
>>
>>70925345

this movie is immune to dating. it's CGI world is so alien and un-realistic that it's inherently always ahead of the curve.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvwhIStnDw8

i lost my mind to this shit on 6 grams of mushrooms.
>>
>>70925254
I always get the chills in the last race when the hero is going for it and just speedrun the entire track with flashbacks and shit

It's so fucking cheesy but so fucking good
>>
>>70925354
A colleague worked on this film and apparently was a nightmare for VFX because the movie had such a unique artstyle and the Wachowski kept changing their minds.

Fun fact some of the matte paintings in the desert are actual photos scanned from geography books and remapped to a 3D background
>>
>>70925254
It's happening right now. /tv/ loves it and through the power of meme-magic (newfags forcing shit everywhere) stuff from /tv/ always leaks into the real world sooner or later.
>>
>>70925353

Seriously. Only normies were hating on it when it was released.
>>
>>70925254
It's still really underrated.
This is hands down the best thing they ever did after Matrix 1.
>>
>>70925379
HIPPIE SHIT IS FOR MORONS AND WOMEN
ALCOHOLISM IS FOR MEN
>>
When Mountain Dew swigging fedora sensibilities overtakes academia and film criticism entirely.
>>
It's a shame about the annoying kid and the monkey
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.