[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why didn't Han just pay off Jabba? Why does he still owe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: lead_large.jpg (45 KB, 615x410) Image search: [Google]
lead_large.jpg
45 KB, 615x410
Why didn't Han just pay off Jabba? Why does he still owe money to Jabba in Empire when A New Hope ended with him getting the money? This is probably the worst plot hole in Empire: they never explain why he still owes Jabba money.
>>
Interest
>>
He's wanted by the Empire for assisting in blowing up the Death Star so the rebels shelter him until they know for a fact it's safe for him to go back.
>>
Compound interests reached the insane level by the time he got back? He just hates Jabba and doesn't want the slug asshole to have his money?

I think the most logical explaination is that Jabba doesn't want his money anymore, his reputation as ruthless crime lord is more important and he can't just let Han go, he needs to show that his patience is limited.
>>
im pretty sure jabba could be considered a nigger and they are shady and always want more more more
>>
>>70924213
I guess he never got around to it?
In ANH he was sitting on a pile of money after saving Leia. But then hes still around with the rebels in Empire.
Dunno what happejed to the money and i guess jabba didnt give a fuck anymore he just wanted solo in his wall
>>
>>70924253
1) They never say this in the movie.

2) You're telling me a smuggler -- and not just any smuggler, but Han Fucking Solo -- can't get through the Empire? Come on, that's fucking stupid.
>>
>>70924296
It's his character's driving force in the first movie, yet he never got around to it?
>>
>>70924304
>muh badass smuggler

Han bumbled his way through everything, did you even watch ROTJ?
>>
>>70924359
Whether or not he's badass is beyond the point and you're nitpicking to avoid the fact that the answer given was a total asspull that isn't supported by the films and makes zero sense.
>>
>>70924268

He's Italian
>fat
>mobster
>greasy
>>
>>70924326
I dunno lol. He joined the rebels after ANH
>>
>>70924569
Yeah, but he could say "hey rebels brb paying off jabba so he doesn't kill me." Probably pay him off while on a mission.
>>
>>70924592
He could have just used space paypal or something
>>
>>70924618
Pretty much.
>>
>>70924618
Jabba isnt signed up with space paypal. Hes an old fashioned kind of criminal.
>>
>>70924526
>Italians
>not niggers
>>
File: 1373066145285.jpg (22 KB, 183x232) Image search: [Google]
1373066145285.jpg
22 KB, 183x232
>>70924213
>Jews
>Giving money to everybody.

Anon I...
>>
File: harrison-ford.png (130 KB, 236x440) Image search: [Google]
harrison-ford.png
130 KB, 236x440
>>70924213
D R O P P E D
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.