[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do /tv/ think of this movie?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
What do /tv/ think of this movie?
>>
O wow
>>
>>70923449

Van Gogh and Woody Allen are both immensely overrated.
>>
>>70923449
almost made me hate her
5/10
>>
>>70923486
Care to elaborate on that using your own words?
>>
>>70923570
Woooow
>>
>>70923486
>>70923570
>>70923590
btfo memer
>>
>>70923570

Both are considered to be great artists despite the fact that their works are typically of an inferior quality to those of their contemporaries. What more is there to say?

Both Woody Allen and Van Gogh produced maybe half a dozen good artworks over their entire careers, despite being prolific. Pretty terrible track record, yet they're consistently compared to people like Monet and Kubrick, who barely produced a single sub-par offering between them.
>>
File: CONNECT1.jpg (63 KB, 500x411) Image search: [Google]
CONNECT1.jpg
63 KB, 500x411
>>70923870

Not me, you fuckin dipstick.

Words take time.
>>
One of Allen's comfiest movies. I really enjoy it. Wonderful soundtrack as well. It's a great movie to have on in the background while you're doing other things.
>>
comfy

a good film that you don't have to take too seriously

the message is good though. the past and future are often idealized so much that the romanticization detracts from one's reality and is the root of unhappiness in the present moment.

The flick shows that such romantic imaginings are simply an illusion.
>>
>>70923912
Sounds like you can't bantz online kid
>>
>>70923889
>when you try your best to sound like you know what you're talking about but just come accross as an ignorant, uneducated American asshole out to rustle a few jimmies
>>
>>70923889

it's just a different approach to production

kubrick would seem just as shitty as allen if he made a film every year.
>>
>>70923889
No one compares Woody Allen to Kubrick.
>>
>>70924000

I absolutely agree, but that should demonstrate to Allen that producing a movie every year isn't how you produce high-quality films.

Of course there's also the fact that Monet was every bit as prolific as Van Gogh and yet each and every one of the former's paintings was better, but that could of course be dismissed as a matter of taste.

>>70923978

Are you referring to yourself? Because I'm not American and I know what I'm talking about.
>>
>>70924013

Maybe not, but I just did
>>
>>70923918
>>70923936
good

was looking for something comfy
>>
It has it's charm and I like it but the characters are ridiculously thin and I remmeber the ending being bit of a letdown.
>>
>>70923524
who is this Jared and why is he JUST?
>>
>>70923449
best french kino i've seen
>>
it was my first woody allen movie i've seen
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.