[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So Warcraft opened in China with a $156 million box office.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: durotan.0.jpg (185 KB, 790x1251) Image search: [Google]
durotan.0.jpg
185 KB, 790x1251
So Warcraft opened in China with a $156 million box office.

In the US it opened with $24 million.

What the fuck is wrong with the American audience?
>>
>>70923426
While it is a shit movie, American audiences are too influenced by critics and their negativity.
>>
>>70923426
>What the fuck is wrong with the American audience

We know shit when we see it.

Have you seen some of the CGI laden movies coming out of Asia? Is it any wonder they like Warcraft?
>>
Kinda bummed it bombed in the domestic box office. It wasn't that bad and it could have lead to enjoyable sequels.

2 could have been the Blackrock Mountain battle and 3 could have been the 3rd War and Lich King.

I really think what killed it was the release date. Putting it up with Conjuring 2 (the new hipster horror franchise) and a week before Finding Dory was a massive mistake.
>>
>>70923426
They watch only capeshit.
>>
It was better than The Hobbit.
>>
>>70923737
it was better than all hobbit films

it was also better than the two towers and return of the king

fellowship was probably better though.
>>
>>70923426
I'm just curious if the movie is even going to break even. Only 24 million Domestic is bomb level.

International/China is totally saving this movie.
>>
>>70923737
An Unexpected Journey is better imho..

The other two, sure
>>
>>70923737
That's not really saying much as The Hobbit was absolute shit
>>
>>70923765
>it was also better than the two towers and return of the king

Here's your (you).
>>
File: mfw.jpg (34 KB, 463x368) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
34 KB, 463x368
>>70923797
>an unexpected journey better than warcraft
>>
not enough quips
>>
>>70923426
It took too long to come out.

If this had been made around Wrath, then it would have made a TON more money with the general audience.

Also, starting with the first war was also a huge mistake. People wanted Illidan and Arthas. Warlords made the same mistake and has gone down as a failure of an expansion.
>>
>>70923832
Its comfy, well paced, and not convoluted.
>>
>>70923834
>Also, starting with the first war was also a huge mistake. People wanted Illidan and Arthas.

This.

The franchise didn't really hit the big time with general audiences until Warcraft 3. The first two are remembered fondly, but are way to generic and derivative.

They should have started with the 3rd War and then considered prequels later down the line.
>>
File: pepe.jpg (25 KB, 303x303) Image search: [Google]
pepe.jpg
25 KB, 303x303
>>70924001
>>They should have started with the 3rd War

>they should have started in the middle of the story
can wc3babbies just fuck off
>>
>>70924035
Not like LotR, right?
>>
>>70923707
That and the fact that it's a vidya adaptation meant this was DOA, at least Domestically.
>>
>>70923691

This shitty remake made more money than Warcraft domestically.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=deathatafuneral10.htm

American audiences are fucking braindead
>>
>>70923834
Warlords failed as an expansion because of a lack of content retard.
>>
>>70923765
>it was also better than the two towers and return of the king
Haven't seen the movie yet but this is some damn good bait
>>
>>70923871
>An Unexpected Journey is comfy, well paced, and not convoluted
Just stop
>>
>>70924095
>hurr durr lets compare 2 seperate stories

You can't understand WC3 if you don't understand WC1 & WC2, simple as that

>can't understand Ner'zhul
>can't understand the orcs' exodus
>can't understand why orcs and humans are fighting
>can't understand that orcs are aliens
>can't understand the blood curse
>can't understand the alliance/different human kingdoms relations to eachother
>can't understand Thrall
>can't understand Gul'Dans skull

I definitely missed plenty of stuff but that's just some of it
>>
Based China saves Warcraft, it's not a good movie but it's certainly no worse than the capeshit we've been fed all year.
>>
Why didn't they just make the whole movie CGI.
This shit is why LOTR had real people play the orcs and goblins.
>>
>>70923426
I walked out of the movie with my friends and we all just laughed, it's fucking terrible.
>>
>>70924511
Are you saying that LotR didn't have CGI?
>>
I knew it was going to bomb but I wish it had not.

It could have lead to a really fun trilogy (or even franchise) of movies. The Warcraft universe is dripping with lore and fun stories that could be adapted into film.

I'm holding out hope that it will at least have small legs and stay in the top 10 for a bit. It doesn't have to be a massive success, but I want it to have enough for a future to be at least considered.
>>
>>70924502

More refreshing than the capeshit, even a little bit better.

TYB china because unlike capeshit i like this world (i don't know anything about warcraft lore), want to see the story continue
>>
>>70924332
Yes this certainly isn't a valid argument is it.

>Just stop

Nice comeback, faggot.
>>
>>70924301
Fucking really? Had a shit load of content when i played it. You sure it's not just because the game itself is about 12 years old?
>>
Superior KINO for superior people
>>
>>70923777
Technically it did really good domestic, since legendary is a chinese conpany.
>>
Since it has made back its production budget I'm betting we will see that extended/directors cut that was talked about before release.

Doubt we will see a sequel, barring it pulling a massive extended lifespan in China ala Titanic/Avatar.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.