[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is every King of the Hill episode basically >Strawman comes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: tumblr_mpuqtl4GZl1qb4jz0o1_500.jpg (43 KB, 497x410) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mpuqtl4GZl1qb4jz0o1_500.jpg
43 KB, 497x410
Is every King of the Hill episode basically

>Strawman comes onto the show
>Hank is a good boy, he dindu nuffin - he just wanted to mow his lawn. He was getting his propane career back on track!
>Strawman is defeated in some way by Hank's old fashioned ways

Or am I missing something?
>>
>>70922391
Yes and it's good like that.
>>
So what m8?
>>
>>70922391
You are missing something because Hank, while an old fashioned person, would admit when he was wrong. Admittedly, the show does sort of fall into that formula in the later seasons but not so much early on.

Also, there are episodes that focus on the lives of the other characters, you know.
>>
Not at all. Sometimes Hank is wrong and stubborn, sometimes he's right.

It's one of the least biased shows out there, compare it to liberal propaganda modern Simpsons.
>>
>>70922391

Congratulations, you just spotted a sitcom formula!!!!!

Well done, Timmy.

Now try and apply this to other sitcoms you've watched :^)
>>
File: Hank Hill that's it.jpg (35 KB, 598x344) Image search: [Google]
Hank Hill that's it.jpg
35 KB, 598x344
>it's a Bill has a nervous breakdown, learns to appreciate life and realizes he can correct his mistakes but it's completely forgotten about next episode episode
>it's a they totally fucked up a previously unseen character's description episode
>it's a Bobby episode
>it's a Peggy episode
>it's a Lucky episode
>it's a Luanne's entire character arc was ruined episode
>>
>>70924022

>it's a Lucky episode

No frame of reference for this, never watched a single one

>it's a Luanne's entire character arc was ruined episode

Remember when she was an amazing mechanic and could fix Hanks truck without trying? Maybe she'll flop out of beauty school and work in a workshop as a receptionist but then school all the guys there on a tough job and maybe work as a pit crew member for Nascar and then maybe transition into a drive... AAAAND she's knocked up by a hick and does nothing for the rest of the show run.
>>
>back on track
How dare you? Apart from that one brief arc, his propane career is ALWAYS on track. Hank Hill IS Strickland Propane.
>>
>>70924113
>Luanne
>ever going anywhere
She is the definition of trailer trash and always was.
>>
>>70924223

Again, there was a scenes where she assembled Hank's truck from it's component parts, it signaled they were maybe toying with something in her future, to break her away from her trailer trash roots but they pussied out and we got her breeding with a 50 year old redneck.
>>
>>70924251
>pussied out
I think of it in the opposite way, they could've pussied out and given her a forced happy end where she suddenly stops being utterly retarded, but instead she ends up being trash as expected.
>>
I can't take hank seriously because I saw beavis and butthead first. Now I always see him as a younger mr anderson
>>
Daily reminder than Peggy's maiden name is platter, making Luanne's full name Luanne Platter. Homage to Luby'a, cafeteria style place in Texas.
>>
>>70922391
You've missed nothing. King of the Hill sucks dick.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.