[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just watched pic related for the first time, really liked it.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: a-nightmare-on-elm-street.15741.jpg (474 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
a-nightmare-on-elm-street.15741.jpg
474 KB, 1000x1500
Just watched pic related for the first time, really liked it.

Do I stop now? Are the sequels worth watching at all? I heard something about 3 being good, somewhere.
>>
>>70917496
skip 2, watch 3 and 4.

You can keep watching after 4 if you want, but they're really bad and you'll only enjoy them if you typically enjoy terrible schlocky horror movies because they're bad.
>>
>>70917496
>>70917694
>Sorry kid I don't believe in fairytales.

Fucking Reddit the movie
>>
>>70917496
If you like the first one got to watch them all.
>>
>>70917496
Stop after the second or third if you don't want to waste your time. They just get stupid.
Freddy goes from being actually terrifying to a boring stock villain.

Same thing happened to Hellraiser.
>>
>>70917694
Do the plots of 3 and 4 have anything to do with what happens in 2?
>>
>>70917878
No. 2 is self-contained. 3, 4, and 5 are all connected, and 6 is again self-contained. New Nightmare is pure meta
>>
Don't skip any. Consistently the most interesting horror franchise. All of them are worth watching. except maybe the remake. No Englund no buy.
>>
>>70918533
I've been told before that 2 is so shitty it's not worth watching even for fun.
>>
>>70918638
It's hilariously gay. It was my favorite part of the franchise documentary, the creators wondering how much of it was intentionally or unintentionally gay.
>>
>>70918677
It's it entertaining at least?

As in, so bad, it's good?
>>
>>70918533
>Consistently the most interesting horror franchise.

this. some are better than others but they were always willing to try something new.

to me the legitimately good sequels are dream warriors, dream master, and new nightmare.
>>
It is worth watching the 2nd one just so after you are done and watch the Doc dude is talking about you get all the homo erotic talk about it.

The doc is called Never Sleep Again and is on Netflix.
>>
>>70918710
It's not horrible or anything. It break a lot of stuff established in the first movie so it ends up being the black sheep of the franchise because it doesn't quite fit.

But the whole weird homoerotic subtext keeps it notable even in the eyes of those people. It's mediocre, but it's so gay it's good.
>>
I disliked 2 on my first viewing but since then I've come around on it. It's the best sequel of the series.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.