[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Shows that have more than one season. And are there any
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (80 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80 KB, 1280x720
ITT: Shows that have more than one season.

And are there any shows who's pilot episode was so poorly received that the rest were cancelled?
>>
the norm show (I forget the name) that had a pilot with a cold open parodying Bud Dwyer got spiked
>>
>>70917060
I really enjoy Mr. Pickles and don't get all the negative reviews. Yeah its not deep, but its pretty fun and silly
>>
File: brickleberry.jpg (212 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
brickleberry.jpg
212 KB, 1600x900
>>70917060
>>70917956
This is the most awful, stupid, low brow, and visually disgusting mess of a show I have ever seen and it had three seasons
>>
>>70917988
Yeah brickleberry was awful. I think it went on because Tosh was really involved and kept pushing it. He made so much money for the network with Tosh.o that they let it keep going for wayyy longer than they should have
>>
Why do people hate on mr pickles? It's better than shitty mike tyson show.
>>
File: 1386772568470.jpg (31 KB, 270x284) Image search: [Google]
1386772568470.jpg
31 KB, 270x284
>>70918088
It's genuinely unfunny unless you're the type of teen that can be described as an edgelord. And even then, that's something you outgrow. It'll just be cringeworthy upon reflection.

It's idea of humor is just gore. And before bringing up Metalocalypse and Superjail, even those shows ease off on that and only uses it once or twice per episode. They also allow the usual viewer to digest what just happened, instead of packing more upon more on.
>>
>>70917988
Tosh.0 definitely kept that one alive. He always shilled it at the end of each episode.
>>
>>70918275
I don't know about Superjail but although it has its fair share of dumb humor Metalocalypse also has a lot of great shit in it

Not even close to the level of Mr. Pickles
>>
>>70918275
I think I like it because it brings be back to the days when I browsed new grounds when that was really popular (like 2005). The humor and animation style is very similar. Basically it's nostalgia for me
>>
>>70918088
>mr. pickles
>better than mike tyson mysteries
Literally fucking pleb. The only type of person that would say something like that are either people who didn't watch scooby-doo as a kid, a massive faggot that complains about the abrupt endings running joke, or someone who simply doesn't appreciate comedy. If it's the last option well then what the fuck were you even doing watching it?
>>
>>70917956
I agree. I just watched the dolphin episode. Bretty gud.
>>
>>70918424
>a massive faggot that complains about the abrupt endings running joke

That's hardly unique to the Mike Tyson show (which I've never seen) I can think of several AS shows that do that, and even Space Ghost Coast to Coast made fun of themselves for doing it, and that was before Adult Swim was even a thing.
>>
>>70918275
>>70918343
Metalocalypse is like adult swim's pleb filter. Everyone I knew who disliked it back in the day was a huge fag.
>>
>>70918486
I'm not saying it's unique, I'm saying I've heard people complain about it and that's a fucking retarded complaint.
>>
>>70918840
>that's a fucking retarded complaint.

I can certainly agree with that.
>>
Assy mcgee is the most patrician show
>>
>>70917060
>And are there any shows who's pilot episode was so poorly received that the rest were cancelled?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_television_series_canceled_after_one_episode#Canceled_before_the_first_episode_finished_airing
>>
>>70918956
wrong. it's home movies
>>
>>70919267
Home movies is pretty patrician but I think we can all agree Venture Bros or Moral Orel are the most patrician of all their shows.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.