[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what went wrong, /tv/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: john_dies_at_the_end.jpg (99 KB, 512x755) Image search: [Google]
john_dies_at_the_end.jpg
99 KB, 512x755
what went wrong, /tv/?
>>
Its kind of one of those books thats nearly impossible to adapt to screen.
>>
>>70916411
would it have been a good series? the movie felt too forced
>>
>>70916364
they gave away the ending in the title.

this the reply you wanted, isn't it? you hack.
>>
>>70916465
nah, I just love the books too much and expected a good movie, especially one with Paul Giamatti
>>
>>70916364
It's funny because before Wong became an insufferable whiner he had an article on old Pointlesswasteoftime about how The Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy movie could never work because the written form makes such excellent use of narrative liberty.
>Ford inched his way down the hall as if he wished he were yarding down it.
And then they slapped together a JDatE movie without really having a way of expressing some of the humor and horror of the book, so it just became a movie full of neat ideas and mediocre acting.

Also, Dave was supposed to be a fat loser and John was supposed to be a crazy drug addict but both were basically just the same forgettable character.

Also also, they didn't use the Soy Sauce tripping effectively enough to demonstrate how insanely alien it is.
>>
>>70916411
This, it would be like trying to turn House of Leaves into a movie
>>
>>70916590
These are good points, thanks anon. I expected Amy to be a qt nerdy redhead too. That made me mad.

I also miss the times when Cracked wasn't SJW propaganda and Disney shilling.
>>
>>70916590
humor that is almost entirely about language use never works visually. Catch-22 and Terry Pratchett have the same problem: you can film everything that happens without capturing any of the magic.
>>
>>70916643
or Cloud Atlas. surely no one is that retarded??
>>
>>70916643
>>70916658
>>70916686
What are these titles? I know very little about literature desu
>>
>>70916686
or they could just do the World War Z way and just make it shit, and not even try
>>
>>70916364
more like what went Wong amirite
>>
>>70916738
kek
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.