[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>WB: Snyder, we need to cut this fucking movie down by 30
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 13
File: henry_cavill_batman_v_superman.jpg (1015 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
henry_cavill_batman_v_superman.jpg
1015 KB, 1920x1200
>WB: Snyder, we need to cut this fucking movie down by 30 minutes. How about this scene?

>Zack: You mean this scene of Superman saving the bombing survivors and then feeling guilt over the lives he couldn't save?

>WB: Yeah that one, get rid of it.

>Zack: But it's kind of important for the charac-...

>WB: Fuck Superman, we got Batman in this movie, that'll be enough

WHY
>>
>Snyder will be blamed for BvS's failure instead of all those execs
>>
File: 1461555630932.png (293 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1461555630932.png
293 KB, 633x758
>WB: How about all this shit with Clark, Lois and whatever the fuck they're investigating?

>Snyder: You mean a good chunk of those characters's subplot?

>WB: Yeah, and all this shit in Africa. Cut all of it

>Snyder: But the movie won't make sense with-...

>WB: Cut it.

mfw
>>
>>70914310
Because casuals dont know how movies are made and who makes all the decisions.
>>
Nolan did 2.5 great movies while handling WB. Snyder drone, go to bed!
>>
>>70914376
Your reaction image makes me laugh because shooting Jimmy Olsen in the head 5 minutes into the movie was still Snyder's decision.

I don't know why you guys are getting hyped. It's impossible to make a good film out of terrible concepts.
>>
>>70914376
the entire Africa subplot was superfluous as fuck though. The world didn't need another reason to hate Superman, the entire Senate hearings could have all revolved around the final battle from Man of Steel.

That superbullet thing with Lois was also pointless as all fuck, she didn't even need to be in the movie at all. Nor did we need El Flasho or the Justice League trailers.
>>
This is slipping into "it's never Joss Whedons fault" territort now.
>>
File: pure coincidence.gif (4 MB, 473x360) Image search: [Google]
pure coincidence.gif
4 MB, 473x360
>>70914258
>if only the movie had been 4 hours long it would've made sense
>it is literally impossible to tell a coherent story with only 3 hours of runtime

>s-snyder's not a hack
>>
>>70914475
>Superman saves 7 Billion people in Man of Steel
>Twice

>Implying there was a reason for the majority of people to resent him because of MoS
>>
>>70914475
That "superbullet thing" didn't make sense because of the shit that was cut. It was made of an alien medal by lex luthor to frame superman. How he got the metal I don't know, we'll have to wait for the ultimate edition.
>>
>>70914390
>tfw I used to think that it was the director who edited his own movie
Kek the director actually doesnt do a lot at all but mainly direct the actors while the other departments sort out the rest.

Of course it is the director who sits with the editor and they decide what best works for the movie but yeah being hired by a film company - not all directors get their way like Zack here who had no choice but to see important bits removed.

Well on the bright side: in 10 years time when people go to watch the extended edition first when seeing it on blu ray at the store: it will earn heaps more praise from newcomers.

There are lots of movies that got hate at launch but grew to be classics.

Hell watch the 1998 movie Dark City. The theatrical sucks with heaps of important scenes cut just like this. That movie wasnt as well received I hear at launch (director Alex Proyas stated his frustration with critics on the DVD features) but now heaps cool it a masterpiece of sci fi story.
>>
>>70914616
>frame superman using an alien bullet
wut
>>
>>70914438
"Jimmy Olsen" dying five minutes into the film sends a very clear message. It is as follows:

Fuck fanboys.

I couldn't agree more.
>>
>>70915342
Not to mention we had no idea it was Jimmy until this extended cut.

Another reason why Zack should have made Man of Steel 2 before he made this.
>>
>>70915029
I think they were field-testing them for their effectiveness against Supes himself. Time will tell.
>>
>>70915380
Nah, I think the guy who checks his false credentials actually says his "name" even in the theatrical cut.
>>
>>70915380
Maybe Zack can have flashbacks to Jimmy in MoS 2 as I hear this movie gonna be made.

I just wanna see more of Fishburne as Perry. One of my fav parts of BvS with how he acted towards Clark
>>
>>70915439
Really? Did he Say Olsen or just Jimmy? Well it must have been very quick cos I missed it.
>>
>>70915394
>>70915029
The whole alien bullet thing is just a misconception due to the theatrical cut missing footage.

The mercs burn bodies, leading to framing Superman through an actor that Lex hires to accuse him of recklessly killing. The bullet was an unmarked alloy made by Lexcorp, one of the bullets hit Lois' journal, leading her to research it which leads her to discovering that Lex is behind the framing of Superman.
>>
>>70915457
I think they say "James Olsen," either the soldier or Jimmy himself.
>>
>>70914258
>director makes bloated, busy movie
>can't make a proper cut
>somehow not his fault
Keep trying, DCucks.
>>
>>70915582
Keep crying, faggot.
>>
File: polandball-love.png (107 KB, 500x692) Image search: [Google]
polandball-love.png
107 KB, 500x692
>>70915615
>pointing and laughing is crying
>>
File: DEBORAH.jpg (405 KB, 1177x662) Image search: [Google]
DEBORAH.jpg
405 KB, 1177x662
>Snyder: Terrio, bro, we need to cut this fucking movie down by 30 minutes. How about this scene?

>Terrio: You mean this scene of Superman saving the bombing survivors and then feeling guilt over the lives he couldn't save?

>Snyder: Yeah that one, bro, get rid of it.

>Terrio: But it's kind of important for the charac-...

>Snyder: Fuck Superman, bro, we got Batman in this movie, that'll be enough
>>
>>70914616
It's still a pointless subplot that adds nothing to the movie.
>>
>>70915702
Well something brought you to this thread. I strongly suspect it to be some pain originating from the general vicinity of your sphincter.
>>
>>70915615
But it's you who is crying DCuck
>>
>>70915872
Only for your parents, sweet summer child.
>>
>>70915860
>>70915896
>this projection
>>
>>70915775
Snyder could have chosen other 30 mins to cut out.

Like the 10 minute Lex and Senate talk scene. Although then we would miss the jar of piss scene and it wouldnt make sense... ahhhh

This movie really should have been made as a 2 parter!

I hear there was a 4 hour cut. 2 90 minute movies would have been perfect.

>Part 1: Batman V Superman
>Part 2: The Dawn Of Justice

Someone should do a fan edit with editing the 3 hour cut to 2 parts.
>>
DCuck before Director's cut
>Kino! Snyder is our savior. Marveldrones just can't understand a movie with almost no quips. Critics were bought by Disney!

DCucks after Director's cut
>W-Warner fucked the movie! This is what should have been released! Snyder did nothing wrong, it's all the execs' fault!
>>
why is there still no torrent
>>
File: 1368599913469.jpg (22 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1368599913469.jpg
22 KB, 320x320
>>70915860
>Well something brought you to this thread

I always enjoy having a good laugh at Snyder and the unmitigated asspain of his fanboys

Given that WB has now put Affleck over him and thrown in the DC suits for good measure, I feel confident in predicting that Justice League, if it is not a huge smash, will be the last major motion picture that he ever directs.
>>
>>70915967

lel this

>the movie is great you just don't get it pleb snyder is a genius
>the studio made it shit it wasn't snyder's fault it was so bad

We love the silent admission that the movie is, in fact, shit, and always was.
>>
>wandering clusterfuck of bullshit that lasts for half a day
>release an extended cut with even more bullshit that lasts for half a moon

You can goddamn stretch this out til harvest but adding more plot to an already bloated mess doesn't make the story or experience better
>>
>>70915951
But the fight would be in the second part, so those titles wouldn't make sense.
>>
>>70916051
Yup, asspain o'clock.
>>
>>70914258

Because the reaction to MoS was divided and kids love Batman.
>>
>>70916078
And what are you faggots going to pull out of your asses when literally everything we were already saying is confirmed?

Pshh, nevermind. For a second there I forgot I was dealing with total pussies.
>>
>>70915967
>>70916051
>>70916078
>>70916159
>These assblasted marvelkek plebs

>Theatrical cut
Kino.

>Ultimate Cut
>Kilo Kino
>>
>>70915967
Even the people who liked it said the editing was a mess, but keep pretending they didn't if it helps you fuckng sleep.
>>
File: REEEEEEEEEEEmonster.png (116 KB, 589x493) Image search: [Google]
REEEEEEEEEEEmonster.png
116 KB, 589x493
FUCKING HACK SNYDER WANTED TO CUT THOSE SCENES HE WANTED THE FUCKING USELESS FANSERVICE SCENES FUCK YOU PEOPLE BATMAN V SUPERMAN IS TRASH THIS WHOLE INDUSTRY IS TRASH AND EVERYONE IS A FUCKING PRETENTIOUS CUNT
>>
>>70916332
Why are you DC people such rage babies?
>>
File: doublere.jpg (2 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
doublere.jpg
2 KB, 125x125
>>70916394

I'M NOT FUCKING DC PEOPLE GOD DAMN IT
>>
>superman
>feeling guilty

Considering he's superman, all he really has to do is try harder next time. And he has infinite capacity to try harder.

But hey, superman being super would mean no more super serious superhero movies.
>>
File: 1466057612835.jpg (129 KB, 894x1000) Image search: [Google]
1466057612835.jpg
129 KB, 894x1000
>>70914258
Reminder that Lord Zacharias Snyder is the best capefilm director in Hollywood.
>>
Why does Supes wait until the last to shot to do something?
He's going to ruin the casket that his poor mother bought.
>>
>>70916287
>Kilo Kino
>Not GodKino
>>
>>70916434
>being this much of a DC person
>>
stop fooling yourself into thinking those EC scenes magically make everything good, because they don't.
>>
>>70916864
It was a pine box.

And I suspect it's not him that's doing anything.
>>
File: Zack.jpg (160 KB, 450x640) Image search: [Google]
Zack.jpg
160 KB, 450x640
>>70917151
Oh, so being a pessimist is OK? I mean, hey, if it works for you, awesome, but it's not everyone's cup of tea.
>>
>>70916287
You aren't any better than him.
>>
BvS is good and putting back the cut stuff will make it better.
>>
File: SuperManners.png (31 KB, 1251x170) Image search: [Google]
SuperManners.png
31 KB, 1251x170
>>70917274
Well, considering that he wasn't the instigator, I'd say he has at least that much going for him.
>>
>>70914534
Making a 3 hours movie is exactly what Zack did. What's your deal?
>>
File: 1465878270967.jpg (702 KB, 523x1011) Image search: [Google]
1465878270967.jpg
702 KB, 523x1011
>Superm-Ai-N

A Superboy falls in love with a reporter girl.

Unable to confess, Clark Kent is gifted by a Mxyzptlk with Lois Lane's phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls her, and is overjoyed to find out that she has a crush on him as well.

But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day's confessions to the girl, she only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that the girl he called is not the same girl he fell in love with. In fact, she doesn't exist in this universe at all. She is the girl's alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the MC's own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of her crush.

Hijinks ensue as he tears through the fabric of time and space in order to get to the reporter girl from another dimension. Equipped with their darkest, most private secrets the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of TRANSDIMENSIONAL LOVE.
>>
>>70914258

Calvin's arm is fucking awesome right there.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.