[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does /tv/ hate this show
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7
File: ob.jpg (47 KB, 750x422) Image search: [Google]
ob.jpg
47 KB, 750x422
if so why?

if not why the fuck aren't you talking about it rn?
>>
>>70911652

>she didn't get to be Sarah Connor in Genisys

a bullet dodged, but it could have still done wonders for her profile too
>>
>if not why the fuck aren't you talking about it rn?
Females are among the ideological enemies of this board. Orphan Black falls into the tumblr "SJW" genre of television. If you enjoy it then you are not compatible with this board.
>>
>>70911776
bullshit the board loses itself when oitnb comes on

i think tv is just dead about scifi in general
>>
>>70911776
it's an alright show at times
good story
I don't hate women, but I hate when it forces its agenda to make sure it fits the criteria for a BBC show
they shoved in a trans clone all of a sudden
virtually every male is evil too, except the gay adopted brother of the main character
and the ex bf who's the kid's dad
I like that guy
>>
>>70912285
ira is pretty neutral and old grandpapa neoevolutionist guy seems to not be so evil. plus black cop guy is def good. /tg/ sciencebro is also good. donny is good. that guy tat literally died for the main character is good

fuckton more evil women in this show than evil men. just about every villain is a woman

the trans character was shit but left quicker than anything
>>
File: multiplicity.30502.jpg (318 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
multiplicity.30502.jpg
318 KB, 1000x1500
>>70911652
Because it was done better 20 years ago.
>>
I only watch for Alison, Helena, and Krystal scenes. All the other clones suck.
>>
>>70912672
>krystal
>lol clones yeah right bitch you too ugly to be my clone

i love her
>>
File: orphan black roll.jpg (257 KB, 507x717) Image search: [Google]
orphan black roll.jpg
257 KB, 507x717
/tv/ doesnt discuss any television shows anymore rip
>>
>>70912478
the forced trans clone annoyed me mostly because that entire plotline was just weird
it wasn't needed at all, unless they come back I guess
I've not watched it in a year now and barely remember the plot, I'm also pretty tired so I could be remembering wrong, but I swear every time a guy was evil they put an emphasis on how he's manipulating/oppressing a woman like the handlers, then Helena, the best clone is evil because she was fucked by religion and then they show how evil religion is and whatever, which is just another kind of forced agenda, which can be supported by the idea that the writers just thought, "oh hey who hates cloning? Religious people I guess, okay lets put them in"
I've got to say though
in the show's ultimate most powerful defence
Tatiana Maslany's ass is one of the best on television
>>
Cosima is the best gurl imo
>>
>>70912199
OITNB just draws out all the reddit sensibility normie crossposters and there are many. OITNB fans are also enemies of this board.
>>
Jumps the shark after season 1
>>
>>70912996
Cosima is reddit as fuck
>>
>>70912779
tbf hard core christians in america are against cloning, stemcells, and general science-gone-too-far. and they barely went into helenas antinun shit.

currently it's a lil pro jesus with alison being very pro god rn and before that the priest was helping her.

currently the most evil guy is maybe ira and he's beta as fuck just sexually abused by the more evil oldlady mama and tricked by rachel. unless this old deux guy turns out to be evil. can't find the sjw angle for that

it feels pretty even between evil men/women. it's hard to tell who's the most evil given every time they get one bigbad by gunpoint it's "BUT REALLY I WORK FOR THIS OTHER BIGGER BADDER PERSON YOU NEVER KNEW OF UNTIL NOW"
>>
>>70913096
actually I lied the maybe most evil guy right now is a sexually submissive frenchie to the more evil rachel
>>
>>70911652
It's not bad, but it's not great

She was better in Bojack
>>
File: if I dont like it it reddit.png (94 KB, 251x247) Image search: [Google]
if I dont like it it reddit.png
94 KB, 251x247
>>70913093
>>
>>70913215
>video game image
You are reddit. You are nu-male. You are cuck.
>>
>>70913215
>lesbian liberal science nerd with dreadlocks
>not reddit
>>
>>70913382
I like her because she is the most hot of the clones, i didn't even care about her nerdy style
>>
>>70911652
The reason is because this girl makes me want to punch her face.
>>
File: ?.gif (2 MB, 200x193) Image search: [Google]
?.gif
2 MB, 200x193
>>70912996
>Not listing Alison
>>
File: 448388233.png (227 KB, 604x334) Image search: [Google]
448388233.png
227 KB, 604x334
>>70912728
rolling for helena
>>
>>70912728
come on Alison
>>
It's a well-written, well-acted show with a unique combination of comedy and science fiction. The lead is playing the role of a lifetime, or five lifetimes, and doing it flawlessly.

The main problem with the show, as others have pointed out, is its unrelenting Tumblr/SJW inspiration. Science has long since abandoned the tabula rasa concept of human personality, but not this show.

Every single clone has a completely different personality, completely unencumbered by what is identical genetics. Even in the real world where separated twins find each other, they find they have lots of similarities. On this show, there are no similarities.

Even something like sexuality, which has been long thought of as having some sort of genetic component, isn't influenced by genetics here. Gender identity is the same.

If you can get past this covert propaganda that is the basis of the show, then you can enjoy it. It's pretty entertaining otherwise.

Lately though, it feels like treading water. Is it going somewhere? Where is it going? Are they going to stretch this on indefinitely? It must be a cheap show. They have one actress playing a dozen roles.
>>
>>70912728
rollllllll
>>
File: 1453814753170.png (230 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1453814753170.png
230 KB, 640x360
>>70915222
>Gets the worse one
>>
>>70917292
Aww yiss!
>>
>>70915050
>>70916105
Alison is best clone. Any other opinion is objectively wrong
>>
>>70917165
To be fair, if I was gonna do multiple ongoing roles with one actor I would stretch their range as far as I could too. It's just more interesting watching 4-5 odd distinct personalities than watching the same one with a minor quirk
>>
Ira is so tame it actually hurts to watch him. I miss Mark
>>
>>70917386
From an artistic POV, I totally agree. They wisely completely ignored the issues of personality and genetics. Every clone is completely different and they waste not one second discussing how that could be.

I do wonder how a more serious story might handle it though. Say the clones start working together because they do feel some sort of connection or similarity. On OB, the clones maybe feel that way most of the time, but there's no reason given why they should. It really seems like they shouldn't have any affinity for each other. Wisely, the writers dodge this issue and instead focus on things more entertaining. Maybe in the earlier seasons with Rachel it got more into this.

At base, it's a comedy mixed with hard science fiction making it very original. It's a little slow, seems like there's too much filler, but you got to appreciate it for not fucking up the mission.

Because of the comedy elements, it's maybe struggling with how far to take the show right now. I haven't watched the last episode yet. I watch it with my gf so I have to wait for her. Yeah, it's a girl show really. With hard science fiction. Really unique.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.