[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is he finally losing it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: BoBurnham1208.jpg (138 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
BoBurnham1208.jpg
138 KB, 1500x1000
Is he finally losing it?
>>
>>70911101
never had it
>>
hasn't been funny since he was 18
>>
>>70911101
Who?
>>
>>70911101
After watching his last special I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up killing himself
>>
he went to a private school in my town, people said he was a douche before he was moderately famous
>>
>>70911101
No, he's just done with stand up.

tbqh Make Happy was a shitty What rehash with less jokes. Just compare the opening of What to the opening of Make Happy - the former has an absurd density of weird (although not always funny) ideas while the latter's jokes are either corny as hell or botched by the delivery.
>>
>>70911244
that's weird because he always portrays himself as the quiet and nerdy outsider who was bullied by the douches

any stories?
>>
>>70911481
I thought so too. What was more inspired than Make Happy. I wouldn't call the latter bad, per se, but it certainly isn't his most original or best work. Also, it gets kind of repetitive after a while.

>>70911244
Got any stories?
>>
>>70911557
no, just heard secondhand stuff so who knows. Coulda been one of those outsider kids who thought he was better than everyone
>>
>>70911596
>I wouldn't call the latter bad, per se
I wouldn't either. The Salt and Vi-Nigger joke was great. But the musical parodies were cheap, as was Straight White Male.

Bo should stick to writing poetry books, he's good at that
>>
>>70911912
Agreed. I liked his songs in What, like From God's Perspective. Wish there was some of that in Make Happy...
>>
>>70912667

That country song was pretty great.
>>
Make Happy is a cry for help. It's not a comedy special.

It's still kinda funny. Devastatingly depressing, but kinda funny.
>>
>>70911129
/thread

If you like him you are under 18.
>>
>>70911244
>>70911557
I was always quiet and shy in school. Was nice to the friends I had but didn't really talk to anyone else. People still called me an asshole, douche, weirdo, all sorts of shit without actually knowing me. If he was actually one of the quiet kids, you can't take what everyone says about people like that to be remotely true.
>>
>DUDE EVIL MUSIC COPERATIONS ARE RUINING THE COUNTRY LMFAO
>but no seriously buy my new album

hes somehow more of a try hard then carlin, but doesnt have any of the credibility
>>
I think, at the end of Make Happy, that suicide is suggested. He goes into a little private dark room, after the show, which represents the intimacy of his own thoughts and asks himself if he's truly happy. After that he goes to the door and escapes the room, which represents him getting out of this world, leaving us, the spectators there, while he goes to be truly happy, in death. The theme of suicide is strongly suggested throughout the show, particularly in the song about killing yourself. Also, it's pretty obvious he's depressed and sees no point in making other people laugh if he's not giving them meaningful happiness or making a change in the world, and, specially, because he doesn't feel happy himself. Pretty deep stuff, truly kino.
>>
>>70911101
>>>/2012/
>>
IT'S BO, YO
>>
I heavily enjoyed Make Happy. What was more of his take on stand-up comedy. Him taking comedy in his direction. That said, I feel that at that point, he was still "LOOK AT ME LOL SO EDGY". In Make Happy, it's basically him making fun of his own brand of comedy. Deconstructing in front of the audience his bits, the structure of his bits, how they fit into the show, while also portraying his mental issues with performing.
>>
DUDE IM SOOO DEPRESSED LMAO
>>
File: Bo-Burnham_2641727k.jpg (13 KB, 270x270) Image search: [Google]
Bo-Burnham_2641727k.jpg
13 KB, 270x270
PLEASE HELP ME
>>
>>70915366
DUDE I'M GONNA KILL MYSELF LMAO
>>
I liked Zack Stone.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.