[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was the best scene in this movie?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 2
File: Slackerposter.jpg (39 KB, 300x425) Image search: [Google]
Slackerposter.jpg
39 KB, 300x425
What was the best scene in this movie?
>>
I'm a big fan of the ending, personally
>>
the end credits when i knew it was finally over

i love linklater but this was just too much
>>
I think it's a good movie in the sense that it perfectly captures the 90s, but I never want to watch it again

The entire jaded attitude of Gen X kids that didn't even have to work is annoying as fuck

not saying this generation is better, it's worse, but still

it just depressed me
>>
RICHARD SAID WITHDRAWAL AND DISGUST IS NOT THE SAME AS APATHY
>>
>>70910470

I really love the opening scene with Linklater in it
>>
>>70910579
>>70910602
>>70910632
you guys are tools. this movie is more rewatchable than Dazed and Confused.
>>
starts to fall apart in the last few segments.

i like the ufo guy the best
>>
linklater thread?

i genuinely love boyhood
>>
>>70910781
me too. I'm chomping at the bit to see Everybody Wants Some.
>>
>>70910808

this is the first i'm hearing about this, sounds comfy
>>
>>70910652
I THOUGHT I'D PEGGED YOU AN IDIOT'S DREAM
>>
>>70910781

Boyhood is one of the best movies of the century imo and probably his masterpiece. The Before trilogy rivals it though.

>>70910808

it's amazing. not quite as fantastic as Dazed but it's guaranteed to be a cult classic. I saw it 4 times in the theater. Incredibly watchable and it captures an even more ecstatic feeling than Dazed. a complete delight
>>
>>70910470
That movie represented to early 90s perfectly, have nothing to do back then as a kid but walk around in circles in the summer getting drunk talking to crazies/delinquents doing nothing at all. Dazed and Confused sucked, wasn't realistic at all...fake as fuck, hated it, not enough ugly people.
>>
>>70910781

Boyhood is one of the greatest pieces of cinema of this century. Even putting aside it's creation, which has turned it into a laughable meme here, it's got all the workings of one of the most relatable, realistic, and true-to-life coming of age stories ever told.

>You know how everyone's always saying seize the moment? I don't know, I'm kinda thinking it's the other way around. You know, like the moment seizes us.

Literally genius.
>>
>>70910671

this
>>
this is a Madonna pap smear!
>>
>>70910991

Dazed and Confused is meant to capture a feeling of adolescence. It is not about realism. Naturalism does not equate with realism, don't confuse the two.
>>
SHE'S NOT GONNA FUCK THEM IN THIS TENT!
>>
>>70910470

I wish Linklater was more popular on this board

plebs gonna pleb I guess
>>
>>70911778
Linklater is one of the plebbiest directors working. I'd honestly put a bullet in him without a moment's hesitation if I ever got the chance. He has been pumping out his neurotypical shit for too long.

>lure him into a room
>door locks
>ethan hawke and julie delpy already dead on floor.
>Jack Black's body hanging upside from ceiling with throat slit
>Bring out Boyhood
>tell linklater he has to choose, his life or boyhoods.
>assuming he chooses boyhood I then shoot linklater once in each knee and have him beg for boyhood's life
>he begs
>I shoot boyhood right in front of him anyway
>then I shoot Linklater in the head

Fuck him and his "DUDE STONER PHILOSOPHY LMAO"
>>
>>70911906

it's really easy to tell that you have completely shit taste in film

not because you dislike Linklater though, more because you sound like an extremely edgy, dumb teenager

which directors do you love? you've shit on one of my faves, let me hear some of yours
>>
>>70911906
Hey Korinefag, been awhile.
>>
>>70911944
david fincher
Lars Von trier
Ben afflec
>>
>>70911944
No worthwhile director makes cinema that is able to be "Loved". Any pro-enjoyment response cinema is pandering and therefore anti-artistic.
>>
>>70912022
Haneke is a shit director and he has the exact same philosophy as you do.
>>
>>70911985
Not me. Lars Von Trier is the only one of these directors who has ever made a worthwhile film.
>>
>>70912046
I'd kill Linklater way sooner than I'd kill Haneke.
>>
>>70912081
I'm happy for you.
>>
>>70912050

>Zodiac
>not great

pleb detected

otherwise though your comment is accurate
>>
>>70912022

you sound embarrassing
>>
>>70912140
Zodiac is the best film Fincher will ever make but it's still only passable. I also appreciate Alien 3 somewhat purely for the anger it causes fans of Aliens which is one of the worst films ever made, but I can't give Fincher the credit for that.

You should be careful throwing the word pleb around. Any film with a positive IMDB rating like Zodiac is by definition PLEB.
>>
>>70910470
YOU SHOULD STOP

YOU SHOULD STOP

I AM A DOCTOR

How'd this Linklater guy see the actual future?
>>
>>70912222

Zodiac is a great movie. He'll never surpass it and it's way beyond everything he's made but it's still great.

Let's hear some movies you consider great then, I'm genuinely curious as to what patricians are watching.
>>
>>70910470
JFK conspiracy guy.
>>
>>70912280
Inland Empire
Trash Humpers
Cosmopolis
>>
>>70912281
that guy hit a little too close to home. aren't we all a little weird when we talk about our interests?
>>
>>70912327

Cosmopolis is great. Inland has stretches of greatness. Never seen Trash Humpers but it looks kinda crummy. It's actually good? It's such a shame that the last half of Spring Breakers is so shitty compared to the brilliant first half.

Name some others, I want recommendations.
>>
>>70912390
I liked it because I found him endearing.
>>
>>70912395
>It's actually good?
it's literally trash
>>
>>70912395
The Comedy
Killing Them Softly
The Counselor
>>
>>70912466
Trashkino
>>
>>70912511

alright you're a fucking pleb mate

sorry to tell you but sometimes movies that are received badly are in fact bad

it makes me so sad that Cormac McCarthy is responsible for The Counselor. Ever read any of his books?
>>
>>70912561
whoa hey king of rock, those three movies are actually really good. I've even seen them more than once.

the only shitty movie he's mentioned is Trash Humpers and even that's funny.
>>
>>70912595

Killing Them Softly is horrendously bad. Andrew Dominik is a gigantic fucking hack as evidenced by his other pieces of shit Jesse James and Chopper. A director so weak that he has no identifiable style and just recycles boring, superficial pseudointellectual tripe. He's a hack.

Why can't you guys at least champion actual quality vulgar auteurs like Joseph Kahn, Richard Kelly, Michael Mann, Tony Scott, Paul W.S. Anderson, etc?

hard plebs
>>
>>70912561
I've read Blood Meridian, The Road and No Country For Old Men. The Counselor will always be an untouchable masterwork of audience antagonization cinema for me purely based on my cinema experince. It had the most walk outs of any film I had ever seen. All the hardworking normie retards here to see the latest Brad Pitt Fassbender flick. With every annoyed walkout my admiration grew until by the end I was the only person left and I knew I had witnessed a masterpiece.

Killing Them Softly and Cosmopolis are the two other films I have seen with the most walk outs and it's no coincidence that they are also among my favorite films of the decade.
>>
>>70912638
what's next are you gonna praise Crichton too? Dominik is a good director even if his sermonizing is weak. he can direct a good violent sequence as evidenced with the Ray Liotta beatdown.
>>
>>70912638
>Richard Kelly
Thanks for the kind words.

- Richard Kelly.
>>
>>70912704

Killing Them Softly is an absolute piece of dogshit

"lel the irony of playing heroin while shooting a scene of guys doing heroin lel"

also I love that you think walkouts are a sign of a good movie. sometimes yes, that is the case. sometimes however, it is the case that it means the movie is awful. The Counselor is a piece of shit.

"antagonization cinema"

jesus christ what era are you in man
>>
>>70912751

what on earth does a third-rate writer like Crichton have to do with Dominik? oh is it because they're both pieces of shit? yeah, that makes sense.

movies like Jesse James, Chopper, and Killing Them Softly cater to young men, generally around the age of 19 or so, who actually buy his hilariously superficial "views" as being somehow deep and significant. same with Korine. let me guess, you're 19 years old right?
>>
>>70912763
>"lel the irony of playing heroin while shooting a scene of guys doing heroin lel"
how is it ironic? if anything, it's as sincere as it gets ,literally using music to exemplify the state of mind of the characters. think The Sopranos when Bobby returns from killing that guy to his loving daughter and looks at a beautiful sunset
>This Magic Moment
>>
>>70912817

I cannot believe I am in a conversation about film with you. I have to go now. Goodbye.
>>
>>70912802
I'm 25. Crichton is legitimately terrible yet he has a vocal fanbase for some reason, like Paul W.S. Anderson and Tony Scott (who only made one good film in his entire career may he rest in peace)
>>
>>70912763
>"lel the irony of playing heroin while shooting a scene of guys doing heroin lel"
I for one can appreciate the rebellion against the cinematic memes of "fashionable" soundtrack choices brought to us by Dominik's "post-subtlety" cinema.

My most valued metric in estimating the worth of a movie is how much it makes audiences suffer. If a director sets out to bore, annoy and upset an audience then I feel fairly predisposed to appreciate that film.
>>
>>70912853
Why are you so upset? I'm not even the guy who listed KTS, I'm the OP of the thread if you must know. Why can't I like KTS without some faggot with a chip on his shoulder getting all bothered about it?
>>
>>70910677
I think you misunderstood my post. I was talking about the very last scene where they're running around and pouring out the beer. I love Slacker
>>
>>70912884
>Why can't I like KTS without some faggot with a chip on his shoulder getting all bothered about it?
Killing them Softly terrifies the cowards, snivelers, frauds and children.
>>
>>70912872

Oh my god. I know who you are. I once ran into you a long time ago defending Killing Them Softly and you wrote possibly one of the most laughable things I've ever read on the internet where you referred to Dominik ramming the audience's faces in a pile of shit or something along those lines.

Jesus christ you're amazing. I luh you.

Also there are actual amazing movies that "antagonize" the audience, as your juvenile mindset would have it, without being intellectually hollow pieces of garbage. see: Jeanne Dielman, Turin Horse, Gamer, etc
>>
>>70912950
Is Gamer actually art or is this a deception? I have never seen it.
>>
>>70912266
my favorite line as well, thanks for posting it, anon
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.