[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was family guy ever funny?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: mywifeson.jpg (49 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
mywifeson.jpg
49 KB, 1280x720
Was family guy ever funny?
>>
The first 3 seasons are good. Everything else is just flashbacks and pop culture references.
>>
>>70910447
Have you ever penetrated a vagina?

No
>>
>>70910447

Daily reminder that only contrarian edgelords pretend that Family Guy isn't funny

Firstly that scene is hilarious

Secondly Family Guy is just as funny if not funnier than American Dad but people on /tv/ only like American Dad because they're contrarian and want to disagree with mainstream people and be edgy

I mean, I can understand if you have grown out of all "adult" cartoons by this stage (I have definitely been tiring of Family Guy in the past few years, I'm now 25) but I still recognise that FG can be pretty funny at times, and I also recognise it's probably the best "adult" cartoon there is

Just kill yourselves basically
>>
>>70910447
If I don't watch Family Guy for several months and then I see an episode, I can think it's funny. But if I watch more than one or two I get bored/annoyed by it and avoid watching it for a while.
Anyone else?
>>
>>70910558
It isn't funny. Its just random flashbacks and pop culture references.
>>
File: untitled.png (11 KB, 1289x590) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
11 KB, 1289x590
>>
>family guy started my wife's son meme
Shit.
>>
its a tremendously influential series and there are funny jokes in it, but i like the characters in american dad better cause only peter is funny to me in family guy, and sparingly at that. ive only seen seasons 2 and 3 and there were funny parts in it. the fanbase is obnoxious and some of the sensibilities of the writers manifest themselves in tedious and lazy bits a lot, though
>>
>>70910447
It's funny when you watch it from a cynical perspective and realize the writers are just shitting on the audience the entire time.
>>
I enjoyed seasons 1-8 a lot
>>
>>70910634
more like my wife's black son
>>
It's funny, but it's not memorable in the way the first 3 seasons are, or how the first 10 seasons of the Simpsons are.
>>
>>70910558
As somebody who actually does find Family Guy funny, it's nowhere near the same league as American Dad. Family Guy has laugh-out-loud funny gags, but American Dad has hilarious scenes AND entire episodes. Even if you ignore the better stories and characters, American Dad is just funnier comedy.
>>
>>70910558
you're objectively wrong, all mcfarlane media is shit, jewish media is shit, fox media is shit, you're shit. fuck off
>>
>>70910558
>hey this is like that time herp a derp derp
>Pjotr: AHH AH AHHHHH AHH AHH
>commercial break
Entire series summed up in 3 greentexts.
>>
>>70910447
Yes. First 3 seasons were great, 4 was decent, everything is bad after that.
>>
>>70910715
That's the point you underage Redditor autist filth.
>>
>>70910651
>only peter is funny to me
Personally I find these characters funny:
Brian and his pretentiousness
Stewie and his gayness
Mort Goldman and his jewishness
Meg and her getting ripped on all the time

In AD, Stan is funny, and I guess Roger is sometimes funny. I just don't agree that AD has more funny characters than FG.

>>70910600
So edgy lmao xD
>>
>>70910752
I completely disagree because I've laughed out loud at FG many times and I never have at AD.

I like AD but FG is far funnier in my opinion.

>>70910762
Fair enough

>>70910778
Well I find it funny mate
>>
>>70910831
>Meg and her getting ripped on all the time
Actually, this is really fucking dull. It's just the same joke over and over again.
>le meg is a loser hehe she is the butt of the joke!
I know! I figured that out before you executed the joke!
>>
Seasons 1 - 3 are good

It all turned to shit when it became cancelled when Seth focused on other shit and the original writing team was working on American Dad

The last tolerable episode of FG was the TNG one
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.