[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else think that BBC interviewer was right to walk out?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 275x183
Anyone else think that BBC interviewer was right to walk out?
>Muh bratty shitty director who only got where he is due to nepotism
>gives canned answers
>refuses to acknowledge the movies dirt poor critical and audience reception
>ignores all the questions and gives bullshit replies
>fuck this I'm out. 'Omg why u mad tho?'

Internet proceeds to suck memewie's son even harder 'I wasn't planning to see it but after how he conducted himself I will definitely be seeing it now'

You idiots fell hook line and sinker for a blatant shill interview getting called out for being a douche. Normal and healthy reply would be 'what's shill'. In the reddit age the reply is 'we must give Duncan jones more money'
>>
Even Moon isn't very good 2bh. Sort of movie that only looks impressive to millennials with zero sci-fi education.
>>
>>70908522
no
>>
>>70908522
>autistic interviewer spergs out and walks off
>BUT WHY ARENT U SUPPORTING HIM HES AUTISTIC LIKE US

We get it OP. You thought the movie was shit, and it probably is shit, but nobody here cares about your asspain.
>>
He strikes me as the kind of guy who blocks everyone on Twitter so it doesn't surprise me he'd refuse to answer those kinds of questions.
>>
>People defending Jones
This man is nu-male personified. If you are a white male then this man is your cultural enemy.
>>
>>70908522
>bullshit replies

Try again.
>>
File: Costanza.jpg (10 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Costanza.jpg
10 KB, 250x250
>>70908522
>Muh bratty shitty director
>muh moon was bad meme
>>
>>70908522
So is the movie any good? Or is it very mediocore?
>>
>>70908522
>memewie

Creatively bankrupt shit like this is embarrassing.

Don't you feel bad?
>>
>>70908522
Link?
>>
>>70908967
It certainly wasn't "good". Maybe "good" if you just want something to stare at for a couple of hours but it's not a real film.

He started at 6/10 with Moon and with each subsequent release his work halved in quality.

3/10
1.5/10
0.75/10 (forcasted)
Suicide (forcasted)
>>
>>70908998
Mediocre.
>>
>>70908522
Reporter is there to promote the movie, if he try's to get a rise because he thinks his artistic vision is better then why isn't he a director? Same with music critics, they're all failed musicians who played in a band for a few years and pulled a drum kit to some shitty gig and now they think they have the right to critique someone who actually succeeded
>>
>>70908522
>Are you disappointed that I, as someone who never played the games related to this movie, can't envision the geography of the setting? For comparison, when Lord of the rings came out, whose books the movies were based on I was an avid reader of, and had an actual map of the geography in front of me, I could envision the geography of that setting.
You're literally defending a person who basically said the above in a serious manner.
>>
LINK IT
>>
>>70908522
>interviewer
But that's the thing, he was an interviewer not a movie critic, and it was a press tour.

You think Warcraft is the first bad film in history? The circuit interviewers' jobs are just to promote the film through the director's perspective. Instead, we had an autistic MUH TOLKIEN sperg try to challenge the director while asking retarded questions that shows he didn't even pay attention.
>>
>>70908522
>gives canned answers
Because the interviewer had shitty questions.
>I didn't understand the moooovie! I don't even know where Azeroth IS!
Some of them weren't even questions, just the interviewer complaining. Some directors or actors would have been far more harsh with him.
>refuses to acknowledge the movies dirt poor critical and audience reception
What were you expecting? He's not retarded, he's not gonna go
>They're right, the movie sucks!
That would be like committing commercial suicide, even if your product is poorly received, to be a good salesman you need steer the conversation towards the positive aspects and sell it to audiences.
>>
>>70909029
>memewie

cringe
>>
>>70908522

The interviewer is literally /tv/ incarnate,I mean, how fucking autistic can you be that little details ruin the movie for you
>>
>China box office:
$156 million

>US box office:
$24 million

JUST
>>
That part where he says "It wasn't clear why Medevh turned bad"

>Jones has to break it down like he's talking to a 4 year old
>green fel = bad
>>
Honestly if you defend the interviewer you're just trying to be edgy. He was asking stupid questons and Jones handled it pretty well

>i dont know where azeroth is
>i know where middle earth is because maps in books

It's like he wanted to look like a retard
>>
>>70908522
Link? Can't find it.
>>
>>70908522
>interviewer doesn't do his job
>OMG WHY DO YOU THINK THIS GUY DIDN'T DO HIS JOB WTF

t. OP
>>
>>70909125
They literally do show on a map where shit is taking place

several fucking times
>>
>>70908522
>OP still mad a shit director didn't trash his movie

You going to walk out on this thread too?
>>
File: riA6lL.png (479 KB, 1374x726) Image search: [Google]
riA6lL.png
479 KB, 1374x726
>>70908522
Daily reminder.
>>
>>70909384
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0f9fpwGsyg
>>
>>70909376
Honestly, it's baffling to me that anyone would struggle with that concept. Warcraft is very flawed, but the fel magic thing is a very simple concept and it's effect are clearly shown in the film.
>>
>>70909457
Idgaf.

Regardless of his personality he handled the interview perfectly fine. The questions were somewhat dumb and intentionally provocative but didn't go anywhere.

And Warcraft isn't even terrible as a blockbuster. Moon is good.
>>
>>70909503
What the fuck is his problem?
>>
>>70909503
>Were you the right man to write the script, but the wrong man to make the film?
Seriously, what kind of fucking question is that? That's like a personal attack, he's implicitly saying he's a bad director. I'm surprised he didn't tell him to fuck off there and then.
>>
>>70908998
It's sorta decent when you ignore the humans
>>
>>70909647
$24 million opening for US is not decent
>>
>The issue I have with Medivh as a character is that he's (spoiler territory) corrupted by something, we don't know quite how or what - I don't think that was developed enough to be pulled through the story, I didn't feel like I knew why that character had gone from where he was to where he ended up.

Holy fucking shit he's literally retarded
>>
>>70909673
Who gives a shit about the US though.
>>
>>70909647
Fuck i read ur post wrong
>>
File: gethypecraft.jpg (246 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
gethypecraft.jpg
246 KB, 1920x1080
>>70908522
Let's take the fact you clearly hated the movie and that's fine, and maybe perhaps for some reason you hate Jones too, and that's valid as well, this exchange was cringey as fuck and it had nothing to do with Jones. You need to take off the tinfoil hat. This guy was rude from the first question and clearly had an agenda against the movie and director, which is fine but as people pointed out this wasn't the forum for it. He tried to get a rise out of Duncan and failed miserably. There was no reason to walk out except for the fact he got frustrated he wasn't getting the reaction he wanted. Jones was calm the entire time and answered each question completely and competently. This has nothing to do with how anyone views the movie itself but shows Jones is a stand up guy and smarter than people are giving him credit for because of their bias against this movie.
>>70909457
Star Trek into darkness has a 72% and is by far one of the worst movies of the decade imho. RT and metacritic can go such a chode, and this is coming from someone who did not like the movie either. I just hate critics who think they are hot shit and don't judge fairly at all. The movie had tons of flaws but critics are still going ham on this shit just because they can.
>>
>>70908522

The movie may be a pile of shit, but if you watch that clip and side with the interviewer, you're a fucking loser IRL senpai
>>
>>70908767
How far up your own ass can you get? you sound miserable
>>
>>70909710
Read it again.
>>
>>70909673
>$24 million opening for US is not decent

What are you, a fucking financier? What do you care how much money it made?

Stop being so fucking autistic.
>>
I don't see why people hate the movie.

I am a big time warcraft fan, (read all books and novels)

and even though some parts were different from the lore in the books he made a really great job.

9/10 from me.
>>
The main problem with Warcraft is that it had to establish a shitload of stuff

Now that all of that stuff is established I think the sequel (and let's be honest, it'll probably get one no matter how badly it flops in the US) will be dramatically better
>>
File: j987654erfgbn.png (780 KB, 707x615) Image search: [Google]
j987654erfgbn.png
780 KB, 707x615
>>70909457
lol what a fag
>>
Capeshit babies are this desperate ?
>>
>>70908910
Fuck off stormfront you cancer
>>
>>70908522
you're thought process is fucked. Either too much time on just /pol/ alone or the internet in general.

Nobody thinks the way you just said. You think this was a shill interview to trick people to go see Warcraft? No dude.... fuck out of here with your conspiracy shit.

Like honestly, with all the "nigger this and nigger that" and "hitler did nothing wrong" shit coming from /pol/... it's the conspiracy fags that make /pol/ a worse place. Everything is a fucking conspiracy. You sitting there typing is a conspiracy you fucking dumb bitch
>>
File: 1465875322791.jpg (1 MB, 1151x1468) Image search: [Google]
1465875322791.jpg
1 MB, 1151x1468
>>70908522
>Be noname second rate interviewer
>Pull stunt to get publicity
>mfw it works!
>>
File: nfww.png (260 KB, 484x605) Image search: [Google]
nfww.png
260 KB, 484x605
>>70908910
Fucking pathetic
>>
>>70908522
So was the interviewer a shill or not??

What did you want Duncan to say? "You're right, I handled the film terribly and everything you said is true and you should direct next time."
>>
>>70909895
>the sequel
this, 2bh
they have the costumes already, and they have the CG models made. They even killed off some of the worst actors. I would be surprised if they don't drop a sequel a few years down the road.
>>
>>70909503
All those answers were reasonable and articulate. I don't really like the movie but nothing about that interview paints Jones in a bad light...he brushed off some asshole questions and then shook the guys hand.
>>
>>70908767
>Scifi """"""education""""""
>>
>>70908767
It's literally shown in universities across the Western world as an example of good science-fiction. Not necessarily a good film, but excellent, excellent science-fiction.
Have you had any sci-fi education or are you just lashing out in impotent rage?
>>
>>70911005
>>70911019
>paying for a guy to read novels to you
lmaoing at your life

fucking americans
>>
>>70908522
>Anyone else think that BBC interviewer was right to walk out?

Fuck off cuck
>>
>>70909355
Americans are too stupid to understand art.
>>
>>70911094
I'm not American, nor have I ever paid for a guy to read novels to me.

I'm just saying that Moon is in the course guides for universities in the UK, Australia, the USA and Canada (and that's all I could be bothered Googling) as part of their film studies curricula.

I was just pointing out the irony of a film presented in educational institutions being branded a film for the uneducated.
>>
>>70909503

That other guy is rude as fuck, complete lack of professionalism, even if he had to acknowledge someone offscreen that time was up the right thing would be to tell Duncan "Well our time is up, thank you for the interview", not mutter and slink out after a weak handshake!
>>
>>70908767
holy shit the guy who made Moon did the Warcraft movie? I don't even like Warcraft but now I gotta see this movie! Thanks!!!
>>
File: excalibait.png (201 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
excalibait.png
201 KB, 1920x1080
>>70908522
(You)
>>
>>70908522
Well, post the interview so we can judge it.
>>
>>70912366 see >>70909503
>>
>>70909503
Seemed like a fairly standard interview to me. Don't know why the interviewer got so mad.
>>
>>70912522

Really feels like any other person would have asked him "Are you sure you watched the movie? Cuz it was all there." but Duncan was too polite.
>>
>>70908522
How is he bratty? He came across as really chill and collected to me...

He seemed pretty down to earth.
>>
>>70908522
All according to keikaku
>>
>>70912420
The interviewer was an ass, but nothing really happens that warrants all this attention.
>>
>>70909312

>little details
>>
>>70909632
>implicitly saying he's a bad director.

So?
>>
>>70912522
>>70909503

I don't understand why people are saying the interviewer got mad. He doesn't seem mad at all. He left kind of abruptly, but maybe he had to go to the toilet or something. Do you faggots think he's mad because Duncan gives him a funny look?
>>
>>70909632
>help I'm autistic I can't understand basic fucking laguage

Please, never go out.
>>
>>70913445
>He left kind of abruptly, but maybe he had to go to the toilet or something.

Someone off camera seemed to be telling him that time was up on the interview.

Guy acted unprofessional and rude.
>>
>>70908522
nice bait
>>
>>70908910
>Follow Artist
>agree with them on everything
pick on you retard.
>>
>>70913548
>Guy acted unprofessional and rude.
I thought /pol/ was invading, not overly sensitive cunts.
>>
>>70913548

What? He even shook Duncan's hand.
>>
>>70909673
>box office openings are the best indication of how good a movie is

are you seriously this retarded? I mean Warcraft isn't great but go look at some of the highest grossing movies of all time and you will see lots of utterly shit movies.
>>
>>70913548

Ah yes, the worst crime possible according to a bunch of manchildren who do nothing but act rude to each other over the internet 24/7
>>
>>70913609

go live in the wilderness with the rest of the possums.

>>70913616

grunting out a thanks and hurriedly shaking his hand while dashing out of the room isn't what I'd call professional.
>>
>>70913650

I'm sure you think you had a point, but you actually don't.
>>
>>70913654
>grunting out a thanks and hurriedly shaking his hand while dashing out of the room

SO

RUDE

SO

UNPROFESSIONAL
>>
>>70913687

cool story bro
>>
>>70909503
Interviewer trying to shit on based Jones
Duncan deflects the Lotr faggot, one question after the other the balding cuck gets destroyed Duncan was completely right what a disrespectful asshole. Im gonna go see the movie now.
>>
>>70913654
Don't cry, anon.
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.