[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
explain this scene
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: tarkovsky.jpg (498 KB, 1772x1688) Image search: [Google]
tarkovsky.jpg
498 KB, 1772x1688
explain this scene
>>
Be careful where you tread.
>>
>>70904007
art doesn't need an explanation.
explain your thread.
>>
>>70904007
>no one knows what it means, but it's provocative
>>
what's with the bird?
>>
>>70904111
explaining art is art in itself, i s'pose
>>
>If only I could live forever, like the Eternal Jew

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>70904111
>art doesn't need an explanation
Says every pretentious artist that failed to get their point across.
>>
>"How do you want your Roadside Picnic?"
>"Just fuck my shit up."
>>
>>70904491
tarkovsky avoided explaining his movies
>>
>>70904007
It's open to interpretation. You can take it any number of ways. Make up your own mind and stop looking for spoonfed opinions on films from salty star wars fanatics.
>>
File: 4.png (306 KB, 582x768) Image search: [Google]
4.png
306 KB, 582x768
>>
>>70904007
Watch the movie and guess for yourself, that's the magic of good cinema.
>>
>>70904491
If you actually think like this you need to get axed.
>>
>one one person ITT knows what it means.
>>
>>70904052
This guy gets it.
>>
>>70904970
Because he wanted the audience to "feel" the films. Nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>70905659
this
>using images to convey immediate emotional information directly
It's insane how few directors even attempt to do this
>>
>>70905694
agreed
>>
>>70904450
There's a legend that the guy that stabbed Jesus in the dude when he was on the cross was cursed with immortality and wanders the earth seeking death. It's not will known to westerners maybe because if the antisemitic connotations but Google "the wandering jew" for a better explanations.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.