[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The fuel for his magic is what again?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6
File: 3252552.png (4 MB, 1892x785) Image search: [Google]
3252552.png
4 MB, 1892x785
The fuel for his magic is what again?
>>
Life
>>
cocks

big black cocks
>>
>>70902011
Medihv, who?
>>
bad reviews
>>
The scene where they explain the Fel is great.
>Why were you examining corpses in the morgue?
>Let me finish my examination, sir
>What have you learned from these corpses
>It would be better if the Guardian tells you, sir
>Do you like flying to the Guardian, boy?
>yes sir
>Guardian, it is good to see you
>Why are you so eager to take my place, boy?
>Guardian, explain the Fel to the King's brother-in-law
>Oh, the Fel is magic that uses life as fuel

It took them what, 10-15 minutes for a one sentence explanation? That was easily the worst part of the movie.
>>
>>70902544
Life bending...?
>>
>>70902544
I think the worst thing from all this is that there are people who didn't understand the "fel is bad" "fel corrupts" thing and thought the movie plot was confusing.
>>
>>70902654
It was a movie directed to hordes. What do you expect?
>>
>>70902544
I didn't have a problem with that.
Quick way to establish multiple settings and can be explained by the fact that the Fel is such a terrible threat that the Guardian himself needs to alert the king for him to take it seriously, that other guy was out of his league and seen at that moment as simply an intruder.

I've never played WC and I got this. Is this seriously the type of thing autists are complaining about?

Shit, no wonder critics who love spoonfeeding hated it.
>>
>>70903837
It's 2016, you need to explain everything in one movie! We don't have the time to imagine "the rest of the story"
>>
He did nothing wrong. Loved the scene where he is just sipping life from that one guy.
>>
>>70903837
Magic that feeds on life isn't exactly a new concept. Moreover, if it's such a great threat, why is it only given a one sentence explanation of importance by the Guardian? This was a perfect place to explain that the Fel kills the land itself and taints things on it's own, without a mage consciously making it do so.
>>
>>70904736
To add:
If the Guardian wasn't going to spill the beans because he's corrupted by it, just have Callan cut in with more information.

It bothered me that so much time was spent explaining this very simple plot point rather than anything with the characters. Maybe that's the fault of cut content, maybe not.
>>
>>70902654
>fel is bad
why
>fel corrupts
why is that bad?
>>
>>70904819
>why
because it's fuelled by life, did you even watch the fucking movie?
>>
>>70904901
why does using life as fuel suddenly make that magic bad/worse than another type of magic?
>>
>>70902011
mana... seriously, have you ever played a game in your life??
>>
>>70902544

this

why couldnt the little bitch wizard know what it was, and then they can just go to the guardian to figure out more about it/how to stop it
>>
>>70904736
why is any of that bad?
>>
I just couldn't make a map in my brain of where everything I see is geographically connected somehow.

I imagine the, so called, director is disappointed about this matter.
>>
>>70905563
who gives a shit we have gryphons and teleporting
>>
>>70905442
see >>70902544

why was so much time spent on a single plot point?
>>
>>70904736
more exposition?
no thanks
glad the chinese didn't drop the ball
>>
Man, I wish we would've seen on hearth stone used.

I mean literally every inn keeper can make one and we see them at Goldshire's Inn too.
>>
>>70902011
It's Mannoroth's blood
>>
>>70902544
>>Why are you so eager to take my place, boy?
I still dont know why the fuck they harped on about this

why was it ineveitable that he was vying for top mage position in the kingdom? why couldn't people stop talking about it? it's like the plot point was pulled straight out of nowhere and repeated by every character which made it obvious that's what was going to happen

only legitimately horribly handled plot in the entire movie
>>
>>70905115
Because it would ruin Azeroth and make it unlivable. How the fuck is that not bad?
>>
>>70905115

That's the definition of bad. Compared to arcane magic, where you are not taking life.

How can you think taking life is not inherently "bad" unless you're an edgelord?
>>
>>70905748
2bh they could have cut the guy's son out of the movie entirely and it wouldn't have mattered
>check the wiki
>Lothar did not have a son in the original time line
>>
File: sdf4896ds.jpg (7 KB, 274x184) Image search: [Google]
sdf4896ds.jpg
7 KB, 274x184
>>70905563
>>70905578

Who's we?
>>
>>70905867
>spend some life energy casting spells
>heal back up to full
>cast more spells

they never said it was a permanent drain
>>
>>70902011
dubs
>>
>>70905815
see: plot points that are finally explained in a one-off conversation between orcs at least an hour into the movie

the exposition was fucked
>>
>>70905867
What I'm asking is whats the functional difference between freezing a living being solid and shattering it, burning it alive with magical fire, or blasting it apart with arcane missiles, to just draining it's life force? Why is the last death so much more "evil" than the others?
>>
>>70902011
trips
>>
>>70905920
that's not how it works
>>
>>70905992
where does it say that?
>>
>>70902011
repeating digits
>>
the way thrall growled at the end was like really, really cute
>>
>>70905992
How do you figure? It's clearly show the biggest reason draenor was dying was because gul'dan had drained most of the life from it so he could open the dark portal (ignore how fucking circular that is), what was stopping someone from just killing him and releasing all his stored energy back into draenor, apart from his superior combat skills, that is.
>>
>>70906302
>ignore how fucking circular that is
You know that the whole purpose of the Fel is that it's chaotic spirits that want to destroy all life, right? They've been traveling from planet to planet destroying everything. Azeroth is notable because it's the only one that has resisted their invasions.
>>
>>70906365
You're talking about the burning legion. Who aren't established/referenced at all in the movie.

In the movie, green magic is bad because it uses life. Period.
>>
>>70902011
Qi
>>
y'know, i was really surprised by how good the makeup was on medivh, he looked incredibly fucking gross when chanting. quite frightening actually.
>>
File: 1463917650841.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1463917650841.gif
2 MB, 400x225
>>70902532
I kek'd
>>
>>70906427
Garona says that she overheard Gul'Dan talking to a demon

And then Medivh absorbs so much fel that he turns into one

They do establish a connection between demons and fel magic
>>
>>70905968
I guess because the former arcane magic(s) you mentioned aren't inherently evil like the fel is.

Sure you could use fire to burn someone alive, but you could equally use it to light a fireplace or counter an evil ice mage or some shit. The magic isn't evil, only the user can be evil.

The Fel is magic that uses the lifeforce of mortal beings as fuel to work, it's very nature neccessitates death. It's evil in itself.

Plus there's the whole idea of it corrupting its users which isn't something the regular arcane spells seem to do, so there's that too.

I'm not the guy you replied to, and I know literally nothing of WC lore beyond this film, just FYI.
>>
File: tcg-series8-050-full.jpg (4 MB, 1547x1200) Image search: [Google]
tcg-series8-050-full.jpg
4 MB, 1547x1200
>>70902011
Memes. I need all of them.
>>
>>70902011
I must feast on souls
>>
>>70903682
>"fel is bad" "fel corrupts"
Alliance has warlocks too
>>
File: drain-life.png (371 KB, 854x426) Image search: [Google]
drain-life.png
371 KB, 854x426
>>
File: IMG_20160617_021143.jpg (363 KB, 1892x785) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160617_021143.jpg
363 KB, 1892x785
U were sayin?
>>
Magic itself
I don't gotta explain shit
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.