[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Film of the year Pixar does it again
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 10
File: finding dory.jpg (79 KB, 1382x2048) Image search: [Google]
finding dory.jpg
79 KB, 1382x2048
Film of the year

Pixar does it again
>>
>>70900316

if you are above the age of 15 and still watch films made for children then something has gone seriously wrong
>>
File: Drake bell career.png (376 KB, 417x344) Image search: [Google]
Drake bell career.png
376 KB, 417x344
>>70900462
Implying that you didnt watch this
>>
>>70900462
This is a movie for all ages
>>
>>70900497

sorry bro, I don't watch kids movies

how few movies do you watch that you can think a movie about a cartoon fish is the best one of the year?
>>
>>70900462
Why did you click a Finding Dory thread then?
>>
>>70900646

to try to shame the OP into accepting his age
>>
>another bland piece of Disney shit given great reviews
I used to think that Disney paid off critics, but now I realize that they were smarter than that. They trained an entire generation to be retarded through media conditioning, and now that generation are old enough to make up the majority of the critical community.
>>
>>70900557
You are legitimately retarded if you genuinely think subject matter determines quality. They are many kids movies that are 10/10's, there are also many mature movies that are 10/10's. You shouldn't be watching movies based on their content you should be watching them based on how good they are. The Iron Giant, Shrek 1&2, the Toy Story trilogy, Monsters Inc., Finding Nemo, and hopefully Finding Dory are all 10/10's despite being kids movies. There are more than enough garbage "mature" movies for me to even sit here and try to list them off. I guess the point of this is this, you are a massive fucking faggot if you dismiss a film as shit just because of it's MPAA rating and/or subject matter without having first seen it.
>>
>>70900870
>subject matter determines quality

Of course it does. Nobody is going to make an entire movie about shitting.
>>
>>70900895

Not with that mentallity they wont
>>
>>70900895
Really? What about films that are universally praised here that have the stupidest fucking plots ever? Like crank. If you read the description for crank you would think it would be stupid as fuck. But having seen the film you know that the plot didn't determine the quality.
>>
>>70900870

literally all of the movies you listed are garbage

if you love movies that express simple didactic messages that are quite literally aimed at the brain of a child then you don't have much to contribute to a conversation about films that are actually made for adults

children's films also appeal to the emotions of children which are not nearly as complicated or complex as those of adults. they're simple movies for simple brains like yours.
>>
>>70900316
is this a spoopy deep see thread? :(
>>
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 1000x1000
>>70901004
>literally all of the movies you listed are garbage
>>
>>70901058

it is so embarrassing that on a film board someone who insults trash cartoons like Shrek is considered as someone who is baiting people

grow the fuck up
>>
>>70900462
>he can't understand adult innuendos in kids movies

holy shit not even memeing but seriously kill yourself.
>>
>>70900870
>subject matter determines quality

Subject quality is part of that determination, anon.
>>
How does it compare to Inside Out? Is it SJW like Zootopia?
>>
>>70901091
That's for the parents who take their kids to see the movie. Are you a parent?
>>
>>70901091

>innuendos

are you retarded
>>
>>70901083

>Shrek isn't good

Lad
>>
>>70901058
>>70900870
>manchild who watches children's movies
>>
File: deep7.webm (2 MB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
deep7.webm
2 MB, 900x506
>>70901032
It can be
>>
>>70901168

seriously, you really must grow up
>>
>>70900981
Crank was not critically acclaimed and no, posting a 66% RT score doesn't make it such.

A positive RT score is not critical acclaim and people really should stop treating it like it is.
>>
>>70901205
>A positive RT score is not critical acclaim

Indeed. It is like citing wikipedia as your scientific source on something.
>>
File: prince of jews.jpg (394 KB, 960x1440) Image search: [Google]
prince of jews.jpg
394 KB, 960x1440
The greatest animated kino
>>
>>70901205

LOL

Crank is hyped hard by several significant film theorists/professors in the states. I don't happen to agree with them but it is somewhat more interesting than the average Hollywood trash blockbuster.
>>
>>70901105
Subject matter is most certainly part of it but it is not the only thing you look at to determine the quality of something. There are many great movies that by reading the plot you would think are shit but really they ended up great. And there are many movies that sound awesome and end up being shit. For real who the fuck expected something like drive to be good? It sounded like a transporter knock off but ended up being one of the most beloved films on this board. Look at shit like black mass. After the many mob movies that we have, after all the times it's been proven that it's a great genre, and with having an actual good actor you would think the movie would have been great. But it ended up being shit. Have I seen worse? Most definitely, but that doesn't mean it was good.
>>
>>70901205
Are you actually retarded? I didn't say that it was critically acclaimed, I said that it was universally praised HERE. Meaning everybody here usually agrees it's a great film. Did you miss that or do you have the reading comprehension of a seven year old?
>>
Pixar haven't made an above average movie in over a decade and I'm not even convinced the earlier ones were good in the first place, I was probably just young and unsophisticated enough fo fall for the memes back then. I don't see how people can watch lazy mediocrity like Toy Story 3, Up and Inside Out and still continue to fall for the Pixar deception.
>>
>>70901476

>Inside Out
>lazy

nice bait
>>
>>70901410
>Meaning everybody here usually agrees it's a great film.
Nah, Crank is just a meme like Blackhat and the Resident Movies
>le vulger auteurism
>>
>>70901489
You are embryonic about cinema.
>>
>>70900870
> Shrek 1&2
>10/10
>>
My least favorite meme related to Pixar is The Incredibles being a "great" film. Praising the films of Brad Bird is one of the biggest "video game crossposter" red flags there is.
>>
>>70901489
Not him but while inside out certainly wasn't lazy, it wasn't very good either. Not bad, not great, just ok. You should've just ignored him when he put Toy Story 3 in the category with shitty Pixar movies, Toy Story 3 was one of the few cases where animated movies were able to retain their quality from the first movie until the last.
>>
>>70901083

>grow the fuck up

You might want to too
>>
>>70901609

Inside out was amazing

What film did you even watch
>>
>>70901609
Toy Story 3 is one of the laziest movies ever made and the fact that it is celebrated as a great movie is indicative of everything broken about the modern cinema landscape. Nostalgia is poison.
>>
>>70901623
We watched the same movie, I just didn't end up liking it as much as I thought I would. The idea was a very smart idea and the first 30-45 mins were great but once joy and sadness weren't with the other emotions anymore it wasn't very good. I just felt like the movie dragged on for too long, even if it was pretty interesting the way that the girl kept having mood swings and started "losing herself".
>>
>>70901623
>Inside out was amazing
You are ideologically incompatible with this board. The reddit sensibility in your posts is so strong, why the fuck are you even on this board? You are a redditor on /tv/. Even if you've never been on that site, you're still reddit on the inside, but instead of going where you belong you choose to further water down one of the last bastions of pro-white pro-art culture on the internet. This is why you people are hated so much.

If you are enjoying movies that are made for the purposes of entertaining audiences then you are in the wrong fucking place. Go to IMDB, go to rotten tomatoes, go to reddit, go to off topic /v/ threads, just go ANYWHERE ELSE BUT HERE.
>>
>>70901674
>one of the laziest movies
>actually one of the smartest and came with a more adult message aimed at the adults that were kids when the first one came out
Toy Story 3 is the opposite of lazy. It was easily one of the smartest and most adult kids films ever made.
>>
>>70901817
>Remake of previous movie in the series with a giant heaping of emotional manipulation predicated on consumerist nostalgia.
It's a smart on the level that it's a well thought out con job.
>>
>>70901476
>Pixar haven't made an above average movie in over a decade
>what are Ratatouille and The Incredibles
>>
>>70901774
>it's not ok to enjoy things meant to entertain
Holy shit how fucking stupid are you? Not even him by the way but you are retarded if you genuinely believe that. Yes you are a fucking moron if the only things that you watch are popcorn movies and you can't enjoy anything remotely thought provoking and can't appreciate legitimate art. But if you watch nothing but "high art" you aren't any better than the plebs that watch nothing but capeshit. Have you ever heard of broadening your horizons? It doesn't mean what you probably think, it's not about just gaining knowledge, it's about not limiting yourself to one thing. You obviously don't understand that concept.
>>
>>70900462
>I can't watch whatever I want because I'm a moron who is afraid of what other people think of me

Your life must be great
>>
>>70900462
this
kys nostalgiafags
>>
>>70901894
>remake
It had a completely different plot, character development, literal character growth in the form of Andy growing up, and had completely new characters. But yea it's a remake because it shares the same name. I bet you think that the godfather two was a remake too don't you?
>>
>>70902026
Art makes you stronger, entertainment makes you weaker. The consumption of pro-entertainment media is exactly why white western society is trapped in this infantile autistic bondage. If it doesn't hurt then you shouldn't do it. The degeneracy has run too far and we must atone.
>>
>>70900895
And thanks to cunts like you I can now add that to movies that I'll never see
>>
>>70900316
reminder there is a transgender stingray in this movie
>>
>>70902099
The Godfather part 2 isn't a remake but it is an absolute cinematic travesty and indicative of everything that has been holding back mainstream cinema artistically for decades now. The Godfather was a stepping stone on the same path that brought us star wars, capeshit and now video gameshit.
>>
>>70902159

>this edge
>>
>>70902045

where in my post is that even implied? I don't watch movies made for children because I am no longer a child.
>>
>>70902187
Back to your cheeto dust hotpocket homeboard, ideological crossposter.
>>
>>70902112
While yes you are right to a point you're still fucking wrong. You're right partially because yes it is true that people consuming nothing but pure entertainment dumbs them down and that is why our society is so fucked. But someone who can enjoy art can and should take a mental rest from it to watch entertainment at least occasionally. But entertainment doesn't have to be purely entertainment, it can also have artistic value and mean something. All the films I listed here >>70900870 fit that description, yes they are entertaining and a pleb that takes everything at face value would think they're purely entertainment but all of them have serious artistic value and dismissing them as kids shit is pure ignorance.
>>
>>70902330

I bet when you turn to "art" movies made for adults you watch stuff like The Revenant

people who actually care about film and watch real movies do not waste their time with Pixar garbage
>>
>>70902159
In what way is any of that right? How did the godfather, a well thought out character drama, pave the way for generic blockbusters? Yes it may have been a big deal but it was in no way a blockbuster, and even in the age we live in where everything seems generic because everything has been done to death it still holds up and doesn't seem generic. The godfather two simply expanded upon the first one, which is what a great sequel does.
>>
>>70902330
>But someone who can enjoy art can and should take a mental rest from it to watch entertainment at least occasionally.
They can do this, but they are a worse human being than somebody who indulges in zero entertainment.
>But entertainment doesn't have to be purely entertainment, it can also have artistic value and mean something
Cinema is a seesaw. Art vs Entertainment. Sure, you can put a couple of bricks on each side, balance it, but that seesaw isn't achieving anything, it cancels itself out. Any entertainment elements of a work of cinema are detracting from the overall artistic merit. Art and entertainment are diametrically opposed. Even if both are present they are working against each other.

Tell me about the serious artistic value of Shrek. No degenerate has ever repented after viewing that movie, no autist has ever killed themselves.
>>
>>70902452
>The godfather two simply expanded upon the first one
That's a degenerate approach to cinema. Identifying something audiences enjoyed and then serving it back to them is pure capeshit. An artistically respectable sequel would have used what audiences enjoyed and then turned the enjoyment elements on their head. Punished the audience for ever connecting to this story, Brutilized them, broke them, held up the mirror to their degeneracy. Giving people what they want is pandering, and pandering can never have artistic merit.

A great sequel should make everybody who connected with the previous movie kill themselves immediately after viewing.
>>
>>70900462
Stfu faggot
>>
>>70902376
Wrong. I still haven't even seen The Revenant, didn't interest me enough to worry about it. But you are objectively wrong. People who care about film don't dismiss any single genre as shit. They realize that yes there are genres that are better than others but they wouldn't dismiss any genre as a whole because they realize literally anything can be made into a good movie with the right people behind it putting their all into it. In the case of kids movies Pixar has the right people and you can tell that they put their all into everything they put out even if some of it is subpar.
>>
>>70902600
>People who care about film don't dismiss any single genre as shit
If you cared about film you're dismiss both entire genres as worthless shit and also every single person who has ever enjoyed a film in those genres.

There is no person who has ever enjoyed a video game movie like a capeshit or a pro-entertainment blockbuster that isn't detracting from society by existing.
>>
>>70902569
Expanding upon something for a sequel most certainly not a quality of capeshit, it's a quality that capeshit took on once they made them into franchises. A sequels literal purpose is to expand on what made the first one great. Why would they alienate their audience simply for enjoying what made the first film great? Especially for a planned trilogy like the godfather (yes I know there was shit but that's besides the point), why the fuck would they want to alienate anybody that gave a fuck about it and deliberately sabotage the third just to make themselves feel like "artists"?
>>
>>70900462
read this again and realize that something is wrong with you you grumpy old faggot
>>
>>70902766
>Why would they alienate their audience simply for enjoying what made the first film great?
Because audiences are degenerates who deserve to be punished. It's not cinema at all unless their bloodied teeth are littering the rows by the end of a screening. The very impulse to make something that would be viewed as "great" is pro-enjoyment, i.e "video game" or "capeshit". The only respectable art is art that is not made to be respected. Art that is only made to hurt. To flay flesh, crunch bones and garner zero acclaim in the process.
>>
>>70901609
Toy Story 3 was the laziest cashgrab nostalgia pandering piece of shit I've ever seen m8.
2>1>>>>3
>>
>>70900462
>>70900557
>>70900895
>>70901173
>>70901083
>>70901180
>ITT: 1999
>>
>>70901178
i'm scared deeply of the sea but that creature is beautiful.
>>
File: 1436301166159.webm (928 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1436301166159.webm
928 KB, 720x480
>>70901178
AYYYYYLMAO

COME CHECK OUT THESE FLASHING LIGHTS :^)

>YFW SWIMMING AROUND AND COME UP AGAINST THIS FUCKER
>>
>>70902279

>I've got my big boy pants on
>>
File: kill urself.jpg (159 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
kill urself.jpg
159 KB, 1500x1500
>>70900462
>>70900557
>>70900710
>>70901004
>>70901083
>>70901180
>>70902071
>>70902376
Holy fuck dude, get some friends
>>
File: lawl.jpg (29 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
lawl.jpg
29 KB, 512x384
>>70902279
>IM A GROWN UP GUYS
>FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK
>>
>>70903267
1992 here
grow up
>>
>>70905095
stop talking, loser
>>
>>70904947
it's like 2cm tall

that's why the camera cannot zoom on it properly
>>
>>70905095
>1992
Sorry but the acceptable is 1987-1990, also
>Grow up
sure is summer
>>
>>70905163
grow up manchild
>>
>>70905220
watch out everyone! he's gonna blow!
>>
File: 1619843219546.jpg (94 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
1619843219546.jpg
94 KB, 640x960
>>70900870
I'm drunk as shit and read "The Iron Giant, Shrek 1&2'' as The Giant Iron Shrek and I just laughed like a retard

Sorry, I had to share
>>
File: killit.jpg (9 KB, 261x193) Image search: [Google]
killit.jpg
9 KB, 261x193
>>70905125
>The specimens in the videos looked very distinct from all previously known squids. Uniquely among cephalopods, the arms and tentacles were of the same length and looked identical (like extinct belemnites). The appendages were also held perpendicular to the body, creating the appearance of strange "elbows". Most remarkable was the length of the elastic tentacles, which has been estimated at stretching up to 15–20 times the mantle length. Estimates based on video evidence put the total length of the largest specimens at 8 metres (26 ft) or more.[8]

26 FEET

OR MORE
>>
>>70900870
You named all those flicks yet you didn't even mentioned the Kinos that are How to train your Dragon 1&2, The Incredibles, Wall-E And The adventures of TinTin
And that's just counting the west's shit
Ghibli has a lot of fucking good animations
>>
>>70901178
literally out of The Abyss
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.