[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Death Wish Films
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 600x395) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 600x395
Can we just have an appreciation for the dumb but loveable Death Wish action films
>>
>>70900073

I liked the first one but avoided the others for fear that they would just be flogging a dead d̶a̶u̶g̶h̶t̶e̶r̶ horse.
>>
>>70900073

First was Elder Tier, the only thing I hated was the coughing detective

Second was literally a rehash of the first one but there's nothing wrong with that. The daughter being impaled...now that's brutal.

Third is a transition movie: It's a mix between the previous two and 80s action movies.

Four is a total genreshift to action flick.

Five is shit. Literally a movie made to make some couple thousand bucks in videorental stores.
>>
Well the others were complete shit story wise but they increased the violence ten fold. In the 3rd one he literally kills like 60 people for no reason
>>
>>70901426
Yeah, it felt like Kersey became a total caricature by that point. What do you guys think of that Kevin Bacon movie based on the sequel book to Death Wish?
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 400x267
Death sentence to me seems like Kevin Bacon is trying to be a Charles Bronson-Bruce Willis hybrid with a plot on the level of death wish V.
>>
>>70901989
I was pretty surprised with how violent the death of his son was. Aside from that it was literally a worse film than Taken which IMO is already a pretty awful and dumb flick.
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 400x267
Yeah the violence was pretty nice in terms of the shock factor but the thing that made Death Wish 1 great was that it had a good story with it. It's sad to see a movie like Death Sentence try and steal that great plot but instead steals a death wish V style mess.
>>
>>70901272
Jimmy Page did the music for Death Wish 2 for some reason

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHo03Y42OjM

it works
>>
>>70903351
>it works

Fuck no it doesn't work. The music he made for that movie sucked ass. Literally worse than a zimmer score.
>>
>>70900073
Do you guys think Charles Bronson realized the first Death Wish would be the last meaningful movie he ever did?
>>
I liked the part where Charles Bronson killed every single organized criminal.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8P3uFujqZFA&index=2&list=PLmirOw7JCi818BuumkOMaLxwlYaTNlvkh
>>
Well Death Wish may not be meaningful but honestly I think the movies were just an excuse to see 60 year old Charles Bronson shoot shit
>>
>>70903562
It's not like the guy had a kino filmography under it's belt in the first place.
>>
>>70903512
I like the one sound from it, I don't know how he did it, probably a violin bow on a electric guitar or something
>>
>>70903650
The great escape, magnificent 7, once upon a time in the west.
>>
It's really sad how his last movie was Death Wish V
>>
File: bronson missouri.jpg (27 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
bronson missouri.jpg
27 KB, 320x240
>>70903902
Well...the guy knew his time was over, but at least he had somewhat of an iconic status (remember the reference on The Simpsons?) and $$$$ to live comfortable until his death.
>>
Yeah I guess you're right, when you have a Simpsons appearance that means you've made it
>>
>>70900073
death wish IV is great. i love it immensely
>>
>>70905270
He had 3 Simpsons appearances so he made it big, I guess
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.