[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Isn't this movie a great example of kino? Low budget and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6
File: dogsoldiers.jpg (60 KB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
dogsoldiers.jpg
60 KB, 700x394
Isn't this movie a great example of kino?

Low budget and relatively unknown actors, but you can almost imagine how the werewolves and gunpowder smell like when the soldiers are defending their post.

I watch this movie every year on June 16th, and you too should watch this awesome ciné.
>>
probably my favorite werewolf design
>>
>>70899835

this and howling werewolfs are the best, skinny and 2 meters tall
>>
>>70899811
This is actually great for a low budget movie. Something about the way it was directed is stunning.
>>
Sean Pertwee and Liam Cunningham are both top
Easily up there with The Thing in terms of best horror movies
What always impresses me is how long they keep the tension building without revealing the werewolves themselves. I remember the first time I ever saw it I thought a few times that I had tricked into thinking it was a werewolf movie and that it was really just a straight soldiering thing.
>>
>>70899995
So they copied Jaws?

>>70899811
Why June 16th?
>>
>>70899938
I really liked the look of the wolves in Late Phases, very original looking. looked more like giant rabbits. great movie too.
>>
File: The Ass Wasn't Fat.jpg (21 KB, 145x200) Image search: [Google]
The Ass Wasn't Fat.jpg
21 KB, 145x200
>that sequel pitch that was about an American spec-ops team who just happened to be in the same area that night having to fight the british troops that had become werewolves after getting killed, with the werewolves retaining their military training so the badass american special forces would get to face even more dangerous beasts than the ones in the first movie

I have never been as relieved as when it became apparent that that shit wasn't getting made.
>>
>>70900245
Thank fuck
>>
>>70900245
What the fuck.
>>
>kino
Why do people keep using that word? What happened to patrician?
>>
>>70900245
It's 28 weeks later all over again.
>>
>>70900578
>a re-covered London run by yanks?
>this could be an interesting look on the distrust and shifting power-dynamics between brits and yanks, played out as they must fight side by si---
>the yanks just give a janitor access to the quarantine room and then have a procedure where they put everyone in a dark garage in event of infection, so they can all get infected super-quick

I suppose they were marginally less stupid than the rape-soldiers from the first movie.
>>
>>70900501
It's a reddit thang, it avoids classism in favor of debating definitions of arbitrary terms.
>>
>>70900501
redditors who come here to discuss Game of thrones and dr who
>>
>>70899811
SAUSAGES
>>
>>70900854
>>70900908
Hello, reddit!
>>
>>70899811
they scared me

btw im 25
>>
>>70899811

A soldier fight hand to hand combat with a fucking werewolf.

"I hope I give you the shits."

Fucking metal and based.
>>
>>70900044
>So they copied Jaws

Steven Spielberg didn't invent that shit you dumbass, he merely put it to great use. The scariest shit you can do is hint a something rather than to show it, like Lovecraftian horror.

If every more horror movies did that then the genre would actually be worth its salt today.
>>
>>70901118
Spoon going ape shit on that werewolf is one of my favourite scenes of all time.

RR-RR-RR-RR-RR, YOU FFFUCKING MMOTHERFUCK- AHH-AHH-AHH-AHH-AHH-AHH-AHH
>>
>>70901365
He probably would've taken him as well if that other sneaky werewolf didn't come out of fucking nowhere.
>>
>>70899811
Watch the audio commentary to this, seriously. It will have you in fucking stitches. I'm not even really an audio commentary person and every time I watch this film I rewatch it afterwards with the commentary. The bants is fucking fantastic.

The part where Liam Cunningham explains to Sean and Kevin what a chicken cluck is made me laugh so hard a little piss actually physically came out of me. You know that 'first time smoking pot' laughter? Fucking brutal.
>>
>>70899811
One of the most underrated horrors ever made, tbqh.
>>
>>70899835
Same. They got the ratio of dog/human just right. Few films do this, most just end up looking like large, mutant dogs.
>>
>>70899835
I like harry potter 3s werewolf

The joint design in the legs and arms is sick
>>
>>70902972
>dog head
>human body

It looks like a dog minotaur, it looks fucking stupid.
>>
>>70900854
What does Kino mean though? I'll start to use it if I can make sense of it.
>>
>>70903083
>humanoid body
>stretched out feet like that of a dog
I don't understand the problem. It's better than having what literally just looks like a giant black dog on steroids.
>>
>>70900044
>>70901128
And Spielberg didn't even intend to hold on the reveal of the shark. The shitty animatronics made them use the best they could - which were sparse.

>>70899811
Essential comfycore. Never get tired of watching this film.

>dat chewing off the head scene
>>
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>70904924
He was trying to express to the werewolves that he is an 'ard man, and that if they thought themselves 'ard enough, they were welcome to come and 'have a go,' as it were, at besting him in a physical conflict.
>>
File: Werewolf2.jpg (189 KB, 953x1440) Image search: [Google]
Werewolf2.jpg
189 KB, 953x1440
Best werewolf movie ever
>>
File: jstUU.jpg (70 KB, 601x384) Image search: [Google]
jstUU.jpg
70 KB, 601x384
>>70901118
>That part when he kicked the fucking werewolf in the face and the werewolf's tooth stuck in the wall
Holy shit I was hype for that.
>>
>>70904924
Well I'm American, so I can only guess by the dialog, but I think he was doing one of those "footy" (soccer) chants those violent soccer fans love so much
>>
>>70901128
>The scariest shit you can do is hint a something rather than to show it, like Lovecraftian horror.
That only works for a known quantity, like a shark. People know what a shark looks like so you can get away with not showing it. But for unknown creatures, not showing in movies means CHEAP. Even Lovecraft showed his monsters. He just didn't explain them.
>>
>>70906178
>That only works for a known quantity
Would have fucking preferred it if Europa Report didn't show anything
>>
>>70900072
Late Phases is so good. Underrated af best werewolf movie in years.
>>
Fucking love this film, it's the British the Thing.
>>
Fucking thanks /tv/ now I'm gonna rewatch Dog Soldiers
>>
>>70906648
Watch it with the commentary and then come back and tell me how much you loved it.
>>
Whats the name of the werewolf film?
>>
>>70907589

filename in OP
>>
>>70903125

german for "cinema"
>>
>>70907643
It's used wrong here, he should have said "isn't this an example of great kino?" And even then, NOBODY besides advertisers use this sentence in Germany. Just stop saying kino, alright? Are you an advertiser?
>>
>>70906178
>means cheap

No it doesnt.
>>
I love you guys
>>
>>70909613
Bender.
>>
Dogmen are real and aren't a laughing matter.
>>
>>70910230
Your mum is a right dog so I believe you.
>>
File: fuck.png (124 KB, 554x354) Image search: [Google]
fuck.png
124 KB, 554x354
>>70899811
hands down, the greatest last stand in any horror movie
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqLz7PXVCHU
>>
>>70899811
HOW DO YOU LIKE THEM TOMATOES YA FUCKIN BASTARD
>>
>>70911644
that was fucking intense.
>>
>>70905665
Jesus fuck.
I now understand why i was scared about this movie when i was younger.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.