[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you seen The Hollow Crown, /tv/? It's an adaptation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: Hollow-Crown-532094.jpg (95 KB, 590x788) Image search: [Google]
Hollow-Crown-532094.jpg
95 KB, 590x788
Have you seen The Hollow Crown, /tv/? It's an adaptation of Shakespeare's second historical tetralogy, the Henriad, and the newest installment, The Hollow Crown: The Wars of the Roses deals mostly with Shakespeare's Henry VI and Richard III.

Pic related, Sophie Okonedo as Queen Margaret of Anjou.
>>
No one into actual high brow TVkino? I'm sure some of the characters wear capes.
>>
It was good especially considering they were adapting some of Shakespeares lesser works for the first episodes. Cumberbatch played a great role in Richard III though he felt a little off as young Richard.
>>
>ugly negro queen
>>
we wuz queenz of england n sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit
>>
>>70896385
She was good though, moreso as angry vengeful queen Margaret in the later parts.
>>
>>70895831
Just nigger my history up, pham
>>
>>70895831
Haven't seen it.

>Pic related, Sophie Okonedo as Queen Margaret of Anjou.

Won't see it.
>>
i watched the first series and it was very good, haven't seen any of the new ones
>>
>>70896199
I like historical dramas but I'm done with this forced diversity shit.
>>
>>70895831
WE
>>
>>70896559
WUZ
>>
>>70896473
>>70896511
>>70896515
What school of thought do you take about the historical Richard III, do you think he's unfairly maligned? and what's your take on the motivations that Shakespeare ascribes to Richard Plantagenet 's rebellion compared with the historical events?
>>
>>70896548
Agree, role should of gone to a prubescent boy in drag as Shakespeare intended it to be.
>>
File: ayylmao.png (758 KB, 603x821) Image search: [Google]
ayylmao.png
758 KB, 603x821
>>70896385
>>70896473
>>70896511
>>70896515
>>70896559

>>/pol/
>>
File: Shiggy Ant and Dec.jpg (64 KB, 896x503) Image search: [Google]
Shiggy Ant and Dec.jpg
64 KB, 896x503
>>70896747
>Numale
>>
>>70896644
R3 was maligned, but not unfairly. Killing his nephews was pretty fucked up. Kings weren't nice people, though. His appearance certainly didn't help.
>>
>>70895831
I only watch shakespeare based stuff if all the girls are played by boys in drag
>>
>>70896747
Gods of Egypt had a dutchman as an egyptian god. Didn't watch that shit, either.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.