[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warcraft: The Beginning
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 22
File: warcraftfilm.jpg (209 KB, 675x1000) Image search: [Google]
warcraftfilm.jpg
209 KB, 675x1000
Bit late to the party, but what did everyone think of this?

Just got back from it. Went with my girlfriend, she had no idea what was going on. I've played the games and understood a bit more, but it still felt like a bit of a rushed clusterfuck. Felt like there was way too much crammed into a (ironically) hugely simple story. A lot of fat could've been trimmed. You could argue that they wanted to be as true as possible to the games but there were several other inconsistencies so I reckon some more liberty could've been taken.

Music was awesome (loved some of the games' motifs showing up) and I had zero problems with the orcs' CGI - I only saw it in 2D, so I can't speak for the 3D experience, but they looked just fine. Nothing astounding but easily better than the majority of stuff we see. I wouldn't discount an Oscar nomination this early, I'd say they're easily in for a chance. 1v1 fight choreography was good, army vs army fight was also good, if a little convenient (gather in for the wide shots and then spread out for the close-ups). Acting was kinda all over the place (especially in terms of accents).

Probably a 6/10 - above the average shit that comes out every week, but not by a huge margin.
Resident Evil is still my favourite video-game film, but this probably gets second place.

What did you guys think? Also happy to answer any questions.
>>
>>70888248
7/10
>>
Its a very fanservicey movie. I got all the references but when i walked out of the theatre i overheard normies saying they didnt get some things. I thought it was about as good of a movie we we're gonna get but man it could have been so much more. It felt like they were stuck between making it accessible for a wide audience and staying true to the original story but it fails at both. It should have just gone for one or the other.
>>
>>70888248
I liked spoiler:
The guardian's plot twist: I didn't see it coming and thought it was the other mage who was being rused
The MC orc vs the villain orc battle was great too

But the special effects were shit, the human main character one of the most unlikeable I've ever seen
All the human scenes were shit aswell and rushed in the first part, I didn't have any idea what was going on aswell
That movie would have been much better if it only focused on the orcs
>>
How did people not get what was going on? Did you spend 70% of the movie on your phone? Literally every plot point is explained.
>>
>>70888838
>That movie would have been much better if it only focused on the orcs
Or had better actors, script and screenplay for the human side.
>>
The only human who was casted properly was Medivh. When Khadgar appeared on the screen and said his name i thought "no fucking way is that khadgar". The orcs were bretty gud though, especially Gul'Dan.
>>
>>70888248
>above the average shit that comes out every week, but not by a huge margin
I agree with you

However, I think the plot was enjoyable (I haven't ever played the games). Instead I really disliked most of the dialogues and the oversimplified characters
>>
>>70888871
Well, I did follow it. I said that.
But, for example, my girlfriend's biggest issue was Garona. She was half-orc and half...what? In the film it's implied to be human due to her knowledge of the language. In the games, though, it's Draenei. I think for some time she believes it to be human, though.
In the film, it's never explicitly stated one way or the other. How did she know English? Are there other English-speaking worlds besides Azeroth? That doesn't make much sense.
Why was Medivh corrupted? When was he exposed to the Fel energy (again, I know, i'm just saying it wasn't explained in the film)?

Once more, these aren't questions I was asking, but questions I can completely understand being asked by someone like my girlfriend, who hasn't played the games.
>>
OP here, let me ask you guys a question: I was watching Dan's Summer Movie Report over at Screenjunkies and his guest (some Smosh guy) said that he loved the Lich King reference.

I didn't notice it, nor can I find anyone else talking about it online. I feel like maybe he was referring to Varian Wrynn's little appearance at the end, and he's just an idiot.
Did you guys notice any Arthas/Lich King stuff?
>>
>>70888992
Yeah my guess is Varian too, I noticed no Arthas reference. Not even Lordaeron was mentioned so go figure why.
>>
>>70888964
>In the games, though, it's Draenei.
this is a retcon that was put in later, during the current wow timeline events
she was originally implied to be half-human which is much better storywise, imho
also, I kinda assumed that she was a child of one of the earliest humans that the orcs came in contact with since it was implied that gul'dan sent minor expeditions to azeroth prior to opening the dark portal in the beginning of the movie
this might just be my autism at work, tho
>>
>>70888964
I dont think even the writers knew wat garona was
>>
>>70888992
>>70889194
At the very beginning, there was the frozen throne with LK helmet visible when the letters were forming the title "WARCRAFT"
>>
>>70888248
I slept through the first 20 minutes of it, but got the gist of what happened from what the characters are talking about. I never played any of the Warcraft games save for dumb Warcraft 3 custom maps mind you, so I have no clue about the premise other than orcs invade.

All human characters and the one orc chick looks stupid. All the other orcs look cool. A lot of the orc scenes are legitimately enjoyable. Feels like there's too many stories fit into the film. The main orc vs. humans story, the main dude and his kid, the main dude and the orc chick, the wizard and the apprentice, the orc's tribal turmoil, and such.

I had fun with it, but the movie was very flawed.
>>
>>70889204
He did the "There is only enough fuel for the very best to travel through" (or something to that effect) speech, and that seemed to me like they were the very first orcs through the portal.

Those blue things in the cages were (I thought) Draenei, which is another reason I thought they were going the half-Draenei route. My interpretation of the events were
>orcs and draenei both living on Draenor
>orcs build portal on Draenor
>orcs use remainder of their captive draenei to open portal once
>orcs on Azeroth build portal
>orcs use human souls to build portal the second time

That was all there was to it in the movie. In fact,
>it was implied that gul'dan sent minor expeditions to azeroth prior to opening the dark portal
would be impossible, because they'd need to build the portal on Azeroth to get back, and we saw that they hadn't. It was a massive plot point of the film to build it.

>>70889325
Serious? Fair enough. Hopefully that'll end up on YouTube. I totally missed it.
>>
>>70889204
>>70888964
Yeah, that half-draenei was pretty stupid, only there to fit the retarded timeline Bliz created with WoW.

>draenei are huge fucks the size of orcs
>with hooves, horns, tails and completely different leg structure from orcs/humans
>Garona looks like a smaller version of an orc with softer features and no weird draenei-like characteristics
>s-she half draenei, I sware

She was originally half- human and it should stay this way
>>
>>70889355
>Serious? Fair enough. Hopefully that'll end up on YouTube. I totally missed it.

Just watch the cam version. The quality is decent enough to see it.
>>
How the fuck did Khadgar even find out Medivh was possesed by a demon? All he knew is that he was touched by fel. Why didnt they outright reveal that he was possed by Sargeras? Are they saving that for a sequel?
>>
>>70889613
Mate, there was far too much shit all over this film already. They should've hinted at Medivh being possessed right at the end and then if they do a sequel they can spend more time on it later.
>>
>>70888964
>She was half-orc and half...what?
Does it matter? Is it important to the story? No, not really. If you actually pay attention during when Medhiv talks to her, you can interpret that as Garona being Medhiv's son.
It's state she learned English from the slaves, which is kind of bullshit given the speed, but whatever.
>Why was Medivh corrupted?
Again, it doesn't really matter, but it will probably be explained in the sequel.
>>
>>70889325
>>70889325
there was also diablo, kerrigan and that tracer slut from overwatch, and it was the blizzard logo.
>>
>>70889715
They actually played the overwatch commercial in my theatre
I had a boner listening to Tracer doing cute stuff and talking in my language
>>
File: o18cxtN3dC1tovmb9o2.png (214 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
o18cxtN3dC1tovmb9o2.png
214 KB, 500x375
>>70889350
>walks into a theatre to watch a movie he payed for
>instantly falls asleep for 20 mins
>>
it didn't kill my hope for a better sequel, but the human scenes need more attention and far better dialogue
>>
>>70889677
>all this shit vital to the story doesn't matter
>Garona's story doesn't matter, what matters is this bizarre love affair with the king!
>>
>>70889816
Garon's story isn't whether she's half-orc or half-human, it's being treated like shit by the orcs her whole life yet still having some pride in the horde, and her connection to the humans due to her half-breed nature. Whether she's part human or not isn't that important, it's just something for you to sperg over because you don't have all the details to something. If you actually paid attention and really cared, you can just tell yourself that she's Medhiv's daughter from when he dimension hopped over to Draenor and knocked up an orc.
Her love story was not with the king, but I agree that it was absolute shit and shouldn't have been in the movie.
>>
>>70889677
Well, it's more important than some of the shit we got, man. And I'm aware that she learnt English from the slaves, but as others in the thread have pointed out, it seems to be implied that there were human slaves before the orcs invaded Azeroth in the beginning of the film, which I pointed out was impossible here >>70889355.

>Garona being Medhiv's son.
Being his daughter, I think you mean. And no, she's not. She's actually the mother of his future child. That moment you're saying I didn't understand actually showed Medivh impregnating her with arcane energy. She's not his child, she's the mother of his child. The irony of your condescension is strong.

We seem to be having the same discussions we had when BvS was released. Just because we're saying the plot was a mess and there were inconsistencies and rushed elements, doesn't necessarily mean we don't understand them. We're discussing the flaws of the writing, not saying it went over our heads. It's really not as clever as you seem to think.
>>
>>70889864
>Garon's story isn't whether she's half-orc or half-human, it's being treated like shit by the orcs her whole life yet still having some pride in the horde, and her connection to the humans due to her half-breed nature.

but her connection to the humans makes no sense if she isn't half-human

>Medhiv's daughter from when he dimension hopped over to Draenor and knocked up an orc.
that would mean that Med'an is a child of incest which is pretty gross
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fty0OF6RYoU&app=desktop
>>
>>70889946
lol, this is so rude on so many levels I actually laughed
>>
>>70889919
>more important than some of the shit we got
Sure, I can agree to that, like the romance subplot.
>it seems to be implied that there were human slaves before the orcs invaded
Where/when?
>And no, she's not.
You have no basis for saying this, as the movies obviously deviate from the already retcon'd games' lore.
>She's actually the mother of his future child
I doubt that will be the case in the movies.

I don't think the plot was smart or not rushed, but saying that it was hard to understand is just pretentious.

>>70889921
>her connection to the humans
She had no connection beyond looking similar and not being a full blooded orc, and having been hurt by orcs. Her connection to them is developed during the story.
>Med'an
Doesn't even exist in the movie canon(yet, if ever), so it's irrelevant. And sure, some things are gross in a movie about demonic magic and war.
>>
>>70889919
>That moment you're saying I didn't understand actually showed Medivh impregnating her with arcane energy.
holy fuck, that's what that was?
>>
>>70889921
>>70890031
>Med'an

I hope it will never get to this
>>
File: medivh's daughter.jpg (193 KB, 539x793) Image search: [Google]
medivh's daughter.jpg
193 KB, 539x793
>>70889919
>Being his daughter, I think you mean. And no, she's not.
novelization says otherwise
>>
>>70890031
>You have no basis for saying this, as the movies obviously deviate from the already retcon'd games' lore.
Medivh and Garona have always been the parents of Med'an. This has never been changed. Of course there's a basis for saying it.
>I doubt that will be the case in the movies.
I'd be shocked if it weren't. If we do get a sequel, expect a flashback to that scene when she realises she's pregnant. Did you really think that "This is my gift to you" referred to the ethereal flower that existed for all of two seconds? Or did you think the gift was the teleport out of the tower? The gravity behind the statement was him giving her a child, not anything trivial.
>I don't think the plot was smart or not rushed, but saying that it was hard to understand is just pretentious.
>saying the plot was hard to understand is pretentious
I don't think you know what pretentious means. And again, saying it's hard to understand is different from pointing out flaws in the script.

>>70890043
I mean, clearly the anon I'm replying to disagrees, but yeah, that seemed fairly clear to me. It wouldn't to someone who hasn't played the games, obviously.
>>
>>70890127
Yikes. That's... very surprising to me. Alright, fair call. I stand corrected.
>>
>>70890133
>Medivh and Garona have always been the parents of Med'an. This has never been changed. Of course there's a basis for saying it.
In the games, sure.
>Or did you think the gift was the teleport out of the tower?
Yes, I did, and though I might be proven wrong, it'd make sense even if I wasn't.
>saying it's hard to understand is different from pointing out flaws in the script
Sure, and maybe I was in the wrong mindset, but I've read plenty of posts on /tv/ talking about how they're too retarded to understand the story.

Let me ask you then, do you think Garona is half Draeni, or half human in the movie?
>>
>>70890221
Yeah was surprised too when I read it. Such an odd change
>>
>>70890226
>Let me ask you then, do you think Garona is half Draeni, or half human in the movie?
I'd say the movie implies she's half-orc, half-draenei.
She understands the language of the Draenei in the cages at the beginning and translates between them and the orcs. She's also called "half-breed" and kept on a chain, and none of the humans had been brought to Draenor yet.

It's possible I'm a little biased having played the games, but my girlfriend (who hasn't) assumed the same when she watched the film with me this evening.
>>
>>70890304
So you're saying Garona was raised by her Draeni father and Orcish mother(hence knowing the language), even though she said her mother was burnt after she was born?
Or are you saying the orcs killed her mother but left her and her father alone, and only captured them later?
>>
>>70890340
I dunno, but that would've been nicer backstory to go into than throwing Sargeras at us in the first movie, huh?
I'd probably say that her Draenei father was treated like all the other slaves while her Orc mother was burned to death for having a child with a Draenei male. It seemed to be implied (might've just been the way I interpreted her dialogue) that she was raised by Gul'Dan, no?

She doesn't have to be raised by Draenei in order to know their language - if she's half-Dranei and treated like shit by the Orcs, why wouldn't she learn the language of the other race kept as slaved by those Orcs? Perhaps she was even ordered to learn the language so she could function as a translator, I don't fucking know.
>>
>>70890436
>she was raised by Gul'Dan
Right.
>She doesn't have to be raised by Draenei in order to know their language
Sure, I agree with this too. But then, why does her knowing the language make you assume that she's half Draeni?
>>
>>70890127
>>70890221
>>70890246
it's possible that was sargeras talking and that he just meant garona was his daughter because one of the orcs possessed by his fel energy raped her draenei mother, like in the games
>>
>>70890473
>raped her draenei mother
Her mother was an orc, it's stated that she has one of her tusks as a memento, given to her to not forget after they burnt her for giving birth to Garona.
>>
>>70888248

Movies is a 7/10

Your girlfriend is a retard who can't follow a simple plot. Is she blonde?
>>
>>70889919

She's his daughter. Novelization confirms it. Set your notions of what was lore aside, the movies get a clean slate with it, so expect them to change things up.
>>
>>70890466
>Sure, I agree with this too. But then, why does her knowing the language make you assume that she's half Draeni?
It doesn't alone, it was one of several reasons I listed that together made me assume it.

>>70890473
>it's possible that was sargeras talking and that he just meant garona was his daughter because one of the orcs possessed by his fel energy raped her draenei mother, like in the games
I mean, it works... but I think you'd have to swap the genders of her parents with what they were in the game because she has her mother's tusk in the film and I don't believe Draenei have tusks. Unless they just gave them to them in the film. Still, it's an interesting interpretation.

>>70890522
She followed what was on-screen, but a lot was left unsaid. We're discussing a lot of the unsaid parts in this thread, if you care to take a skim.
>>
>>70890473
>sargeras
>giving a shit about anyone
>giving a shit about some mixed rape baby
it's a bit of a stretch mate
>>
>>70890566

I'm getting it, now that I'm looking at it. Look, I don't understand this need to be spoonfed every little detail. Leaving some things open to discussion and to wonder about at the end of the movie isn't bad. Not saying you need it, just... it seems a common complaint. Not everything needs to be explained. Where's the fun in that?
>>
>>70888964
>She was half-orc and half...what?
It doesn't really impact the plot any not knowing, does it? We'd already established in the movie that Draenor had other sentient races.

>How did she know English?
It was explained in the movie. She learned it from the captured humans that Gul'dan was amassing to power the Dark Portal on Azeroth's side.
>>
I played all the games. And I was pretty into the lore for awhile. Quit wow at the end of wotlk, played mop for a bit before quitting again.

5/10 for me. My biggest issue was Garona. Everything with her felt unnatural, it felt like she became a friend to the humans far too quickly. Also the acting for everyone felt whack.

The best part of the movie was the Durotan/orc focused stuff.
>>
>>70890758
>We'd already established in the movie that Draenor had other sentient races.
I know, and that's where my assumption went. But you can see others arguing in the thread that she's part-human, and the novelisation evidently states that Medivh is her father (thought one anon says that might've been Sargeras talking). If she was part-human, then yes, of course that matters. It's a big part of her character that was skipped over.
>It was explained in the movie. She learned it from the captured humans that Gul'dan was amassing to power the Dark Portal on Azeroth's side.
I think I sort of ignored that due to the ridiculousness of her learning an entire language in the space of time it took two humans to fly to Medivh from the city and then ride out into the forest. I accept that it was reconciled by the film, though, that was my bad.
>>
>>70890800
>I played all the games. And I was pretty into the lore for awhile. Quit wow at the end of wotlk, played mop for a bit before quitting again.
Are you me? Left during first raid of Cata and then came back for final raid of MoP and first raid of WoD before leaving again.
Good taste, you have.
>>
>>70890988
> came back for final raid of MoP and first raid of WoD before leaving again

That's literally what I did actually.
>>
>>70890965
>It's a big part of her character that was skipped over.
Is it? Does she know that she's half human?
Admittedly, if she does, then that should've been communicated more clearly.
>>
>>70890800
>>70890988
I left when wotlk was released, kept up with lore, always wanted to go back but didn't, cata almost sucked me back in, then MoP came out and I thanked god I quit and gave up on the lore and everything after that.
>>
>>70888964
>Somethings are left a mystery
>This confuses the american viewer

hm
>>
>>70888964
Did anyone else get the feeling that Medivh was basically saying "I fugged ur mum"?
>>
>>70891056
I bailed at the end of TBC because guild fell apart because they couldn't handle brutallus

Washed my hands completely once they announced lich king was a raid boss. Laughed once they revealed the fight ends with "THEY IS MUST BE ALWAYS LICH KINGS!!"

Though I was really done with the game, lore wise, once they made eredar into a playable race by basically inverting the established lore.
>>
>>70889791
Seriously, what the fuck?
>>
Can someone who plays the game explain to me what makes Garrosh/Grom evil? I've never played a single Warcraft game, only saw the movie and watched some of the cinematics, but in the WoD cinematic it looks like Garrosh and Grom are pretty based and save their people from the Fel?
>>
>>70891071
More like
>don't give viewer much reason to care about the core plot
>introduce things the viewer might be interested in
>nope, wait for the sequels lol!
>>
>>70891106

Kinda, but then I looked like Medivh and realized he looks like hes 35 yrs old and so does Garona.
>>
>>70890653
I think the main complaint (and certainly mine) is the choices that were made over what to include and what to ignore.
If there's a single criticism to sum up all my feelings, it's that it simply wasn't a very good adaptation.
I think for a film to be a good adaptation it either needs to be true to the source material, or it needs to be able to stand on its own two feet and be a great story experience without having to rely on a previous knowledge of the universe.

It needs to do one of those two things, and Warcraft did neither. That's what I reckon, anyway.

>>70891026
Well, she knows she's half-orc. I guess it's possible that nobody knows what species her father was, but that feels again like something that could be summed up in a single line of dialogue.

>>70891071
I'm Australian. And there's a vast difference between leaving something a mystery (who was the killer? what was in Marcellus Wallace's briefcase? what did Murray whisper to Johansson?) and having illogical gaps in the story (would nobody recognise fucking Bruce Wayne in Europe? who dialled Cypher into the Matrix to betray the crew of the Nebuchadnezzar? the fuck was up with Medivh? how'd he get possessed in the first place? are we supposed to just nod and say "fair enough"?)
>>
>>70891233
Yes, he's also a powerful mage, who in many fantasy worlds are known to be much older than they look
>>
>>70891267
Ahh, le epic "im a 1000 year old wizard but I look like a 20 year old twink" trope.
>>
>>70891267
Didn't Lothal mentioned how Medhiv hadn't aged a day since they last met?
>>
>>70891290
It's pretty common
>>
>>70888964

i agree they should have explained it in the movie. they explain it in a retarded way in the book

medivhs mother fought off the burning legion and defeated sargeras in northrend, sargeras hid inside medivhs mother (not making this shit up) and then took control of her unborn son

khadgar is supposed to find out about this through an elaborate plot inside karazhan but instead we just got the black cube scene

kinda retarded imo
>>
>>70891301
I think it was about moroes, but the point still stands
>>
>>70891106
Well, I thought it was pretty clear that he was impregnating her with Med'an using some kind of arcane magic but another anon pointed out that apparently he's her dad in the film universe, as evidenced by the novelisation.
Another anon pointed out that it might be Sargeras talking, though.

>>70891198
So the orcs are all peaceful and red/brown-skinned and then Gul'Dan makes them drink demon blood (or in the film he can just fucking blast them with fel energy). The blood makes them strong but also bends their will and renders them hugely bloodthirsty. It also has the side-effect of turning their skin green.
That's Grommash.

His son, Garrosh, was left behind on Draenor and never drank the blood. Hence the red/brown skin. He becomes Thrall's pal (baby orc Moses) and usually suggests more aggressive action. He becomes Warchief, the power goes to his head, he's hugely xenophobic and then wages outright war against the humans.
>>
>>70891290

>movie with wizards and shit, elves, dragons, orcs, magic etc.
>OK COOL
>1000 year old wizard
>THAT'S NOT FUCKING POSSIBLE NOPE.JPG SHIT MOVIE!

Really?
>>
>>70891290
I was fine with Medivh looking young. If I were wizard I'd always keep myself looking at my prime, too.
>>
Garona is Medivh's kid in the movie, he went planet hopping to learn about magic and after learning about the fel went to Draenor to knock up an orc and teach Gul'dan.

Movie was alright, better than I'd thought it'd be but yeah the humans were shit and the middle hour was just dull as hell to me. Second War when
>>
>>70891436
>dude figures out eternal youth
>doesn't tell anyone
>doesn't do anything useful with it

its poor articulation no matter how you cut it
>>
>>70891621
Meh. He's a guy who don't age. Big deal.
Did anyone notice that while standing on the top floor, Medivh knocked Khadgar away and dropped Lothar, so they were both on the bottom floor groaning in pain while Medivh was still on the top, then it cut away to the big battle for like 5 seconds then back to the tower and Medivh was like slowly hunting them around the top floor while they whispered and hid behind pillars?

I'm guessing something was cut there. Was really jarring.
>>
>>70891621
>>doesn't do anything useful with it

He spends his entire life being the guardian, protector of the world. The time literally drives him insane.

But seriously though, you are the kind of guy the autism meme was born for.
>>
>>70891707
>He's a guy who don't age. Big deal.
Considering the movie just kinda throws around they have entire cities filled with mages, who do age normally, someone should've noticed that medivh's non-aging was linked to something other than just his awesomeness.

But hey, details don't matter, right? Heres an orc snapping a footman's neck.
>>
>>70891902
I don't think Medivh's aging was because he was possessed by a demon, because his pal Moroes also "hadn't aged a day".
I'd assume it'd be linked to the "font" at the top of the tower.

Either way, you know it's not demonic. You're right, they could've thrown in a line about how Medivh hadn't aged much either, but did you really need one after they made a note of Moroes' lack of aging?
>>
>>70891860
> the guardian, protector of the world.

this is just pure dribble.
>>
>>70888248
I thought it was a bunch of malarkey, tbqh
>>
>>70891966

>100% pure autism
>>
Wasn't Alodi a dude in the games? What the fuck was her point in the movie again?
>>
>>70891902
Moroes was also immortal, in the novel they mention that he has been the caretaker of Karazhan for many guardians. It seems like mages are long lived in this, guardians and their servants especially.
>>
>>70891902
>who do age normally
Says who? Just because they looked old doesn't mean they were 80. They could've been alive for millenia and aged incredibly slow.
>>
>tfw i thought Durotan was telling his son "Go well"
>>
>>70892189
Does Go'ell mean anything? What's the point of that when he's just going to be called Thrall when he grows up anyway?
>>
File: 1403456440275.gif (175 KB, 304x319) Image search: [Google]
1403456440275.gif
175 KB, 304x319
>>70891860
>autism is a meme
>>
>>70892208
Thrall is the name the humans who found him give him, I'm pretty sure.
I don't think there's a hugely impactful reason behind Go'El other than he once had a different name, and that was it.
>>
>>70892208
Thrall's the name the humans give him.
>>
>>70892168
>>70892140
>>70891947
So we've all established there are a lot of really powerful wizards in azeroth.

How is a bunch of green niggers in a swamp a threat when they could all just hop on griffons and raise steadily shrinking firewalls around the dark portal until all the orcs were either forced back through it or cleansed in magical fire?
>>
>>70893571
Cause wizards don't give a shit about anyone else, they got the guardian to do that shit.
But for real those gryphons could have just fucked the horde as they came out, reminds me of the "why not send the eagles to mordor" shit. Should have sent those gryphons to the portal and been done with it
>>
>>70893622
>wizards don't give a shit

This is also a huge problem with fantasy genre fiction. They firmly establish characters who could effortlessly solve any problem in the narrative, yet give them bullshit reasons for not doing so.
>>
>>70893670
Yeah, having all these powerful beings that don't do shit is useless. I don't see why its so hard to just give Gul'dan his warlock and necrolyte disciples and have some wizards come down to deal with that shit. I mean its not like Gul'dan was so powerful he drained Draenor all on his own right? Right?
>>
>>70888248
>>70888964
>GUYS I HAVE A GIRLFRIEND!! EVERYBODY, I HAVE A GIRLFRIEND!! WHY DOESNT ANYBODY GIVE A SHIT I HAVE A GIRLFRIEND!! I HAVE A GIRLFRIEND!! SHES A GEEKY CHICK WHO WANTS TO SEE WARCRAFT!! I. HAVE. A. FUCKING. GIRLFRIEND!!!!
>>
>>70891860
It wasn't the time.. he was corrupted by Sargeras from birth because his mother, Aegwynn has fought Sargeras previously. He infected her with the intention of corrupting her child.
>>
>>70893976
>a bunch of wizards don't notice a shard of a mad corrupted god in the person they choose to be guardian of the world

you're not helping
>>
>orcs are the good guys

cultural marxism
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (103 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
103 KB, 1280x720
How fucking blue pilled do you have to be to pro-Durotan and anti-Gul'dan? Durotan was a fucking a race traitor who turned against his own kind and sided with the humans. I acutally gave a standing ovation when he died.
>>
Why is there so many shitskins in this movie
>>
>>70888248

Your girlfriend is an idiot
>>
>>70888248
>rape and genocide entire race of peaceful people
>destroy world with sorcery
>sacrifice children to literally satan to fuel portal
>invade, rape ,destroy and pillage kingdoms you had no previous knowledge of
>sack city and murder king that was willing to befriend one of your own
>continue to invade continent
>destroy priceless millennia forests and spirits
>Bring forth the envoy of literally satan for him to destroy a city
>Force race to forsake their immortality for your mistakes to destroy said envoy

ORCS DINDU NUFFIN
>>
>>70889864
It doesn't really Bother whether she's half-orc/half-human or half-orc/half-draenei. It wasn't necessarily about feeling a connection with humans as a half-human, it had more to do with the fact that she felt a connection with the human way of handling things and treating eachother. Draenei are similar to humans in their norms and values. She's just never meant to be a true Orc, being it because of a human or a draenei mix.
>>
>>70895386
>ORCS DINDU NUFFIN

They did literally nothing wrong.

Now fuck off back to plebbit.
>>
>>70893727
That reminds me, why couldn't Gul'dan just drain the whole of the incoming human army to fuel his magic?
>>
This movie was awful
CGI was atrocious
The actors are all ugly
All the orc shit was awful...
>>
>>70895866
Why did he need to open a dark portal? Why not just drain azeroth remotely?
>>
I have a question.

who/what the fuck was aloris?
>>
>>70888964

Wait, so you guys didn't get the part where Medivh says he loved her mom?
It was somewhat subtle but I guess americans really crave for Big Black Captions to explain everything for them.
>>
As a warcraft lore faithful, I thought it was a 4.5/10

They butchered the lore in what I thought was supposed to make things easier for the audience but there were many parts that I only understood because I played the game + read the books. Lothar, Llane, Garona, Khadgar, and virtually every human save Moroes did a horrible job in almost every scene. The CGI worgs looked atrocious, like they just copy pasted them from the games. The real redeeming quality was the battle scenes, which at least attempted to make sense.

>the Kingdom of Stormwind still stands
>the Alliance has been fully formed and now severely outnumber the stranded Orcs
>the Horde cannot possibly win against Stormwind, Khaz Modan, Quel'Thalas, and all the rest of the human kingdoms
>the world of warcraft as we know it cannot exist in this world
Bravo Metzen
>>
>>70898588
Alliance races told humies to fuck off. The sacking WILL happen.
>>
>>70894802
Guldan pls leave.
You already killed your own planet.

>>70898588
>They butchered the lore
Fucking autists also sperg over this.

They made barely any changes of importance - and the end results are the same.

>Stormwind sacking obv delayed if WC2 is ever a possibility to show reasoning towards them fleeing to Lordaeron

>Alliance has just barely formed - and the Orcs are set to ally with the Trolls. Lordaeron and Ironforge and Quel'Thalas are also VERY fucking far from Stormwind to help before it gets sacked.

Use your head next time anon

>>70899293
There is an Alliance made at the end of the movie.
>>
>>70899534
What? The Orcs just lost all of their reinforcements, their Warchief, and their power structure under Gul'dan is in question. Stormwind Still has legions to combat the stranded Orcs, the city can last more than long enough for the Dwarves to come, even longer for the other human kingdoms to ride south. The Orcs have no siege weapons and now no double agent to undermine the defenders during the siege like they did in the original lore.

The movie doesn't even mention Trolls or the Orcs allying with them. They probably don't even know that they exist yet. Why are you defending this pile of shit that Blizzard just smeared on your eyes?
>>
>>70899711
>Stormwind Still has legions to combat the stranded Orcs
It does? I thought they sent all their legions at the gate as a last ditch effort to stop the Horde from coming through.
As far as we know, Stormwind is all but defenseless, if Gul'dan marches what remains of the Horde now, they can raze it to the ground before the newly formed Alliance has a chance to get their infrastructure together to send troops there, which would also take time to arrive.
They won't try to hold the city, instead they'll evacuate their citizens.
>>
>>70891902
Guardians dont age like normal. Medivh's mother was 800 years old before having him.
>>
>>70894802

Everybody in the theater literally laughed out loud for 2-3 minutes when he revealed his muscles before the fight with Durotan.

It's hilarious how they put him as some old weak wizard and then he shows up to be buffed as fuck.
>>
>>70889677
There will be a sequel?
>>
>>70900152
>Everybody in the theater literally laughed out loud for 2-3 minutes when he revealed his muscles before the fight with Durotan.

I didn't because I'm not a normie who doesn't know that all orcs are buff as fuck.
>>
>>70899534
>You already killed your own planet.

The surprise twist in the sequels, Gul'dan didn't kill Draneor.
>>
>>70896553
>who/what the fuck was aloris?

Read the fucking novel.
>>
>>70899814
>Stormwind is all but defenseless, if Gul'dan marches what remains of the Horde now, they can raze it to the ground before the newly formed Alliance has a chance to get their infrastructure together to send troops there, which would also take time to arrive.

Alliancefags on fucking suicide watch
>>
>>70900694
Add in the deathknights Gul'dan will soon create.
Those will probably play a key role in ensuring Stormwind's fall, thus causing the emergence of paladins as a reaction.
>>
>>70898588
Who gives a shit about the lore of the games? Be happy that the adaptation didn't alter everything completely and Duncan Jones gave a shit to give you a movie that sort of resembles the original lore instead of a cheap LotR copy that this would originally be, if he didn't alter the script.
>>
I don't know why they changed the story from the game

Khadgar acting was awful
>>
>>70900399
They plan on three. Unless this is a huge flop.
>>
>>70888248
never played Warcraft, found it enjoyable. its very flawed, most of the characters aren't really fleshed out as well as Id like, but overall I liked it, considering I saw it at a $5 matinee
>>
>>70891198
Well grommash turned evil because he drank he fel kool aid twice

Garrosh was just kind of a poorly written cunt who traveled back in time to prevent his father from drinking the fel kool aid but it doesn't matter because it was a different timeline

Nobody cares though because illidan bro
>>
>>70900857
I hope they have enough money for better human actors next time.
>>
File: Warcraft 2016 Reviews are in.png (513 KB, 758x482) Image search: [Google]
Warcraft 2016 Reviews are in.png
513 KB, 758x482
>>
>>70900977
It's funny that despite its flaws and bad reviews it was way better and more enjoyable than every capeshit released during 2016 so far.
>>
It was not a Warcraft movie.

Warcraft has so many iconic things about it and it is an absolute disservice that they didn't fucking use any of it.

The spells? You don't see a single one from the actual universe besides fucking polymorph. Medivh uses these dumb not-real spells like a lightning wall and this levitate bullshit. Hell even the teleporting is not the same. Why couldn't see see a frost nova? a pyroblast? a blink?

The soundtrack of the game is hugely iconic. Why not get Russel Brower to score the film? Or if not why not borrow more scores? Instead we get this completely generic and forgettable drums and chants ordeal. Hell even the trailers used dubstep.

Not even the yellow text for 'WARCRAFT' is used.

Why on EARTH do you not do any of this when creating a movie based on a previous series? It's like making a new Bond movie without a music number opening.

Very disappointing.
>>
>>70901042
>using capeshit as your go-to comparative despite it not being mentioned once
>platitudes
Every. Thread.

>"Ya know, anon. This shit tastes horrible"
>"Y-yeah, but at least it isn't Hitler!"
>"wut"
>>
>>70901102
>posts evans
>using capeshit as your go-to comparative despite it not being mentioned once
>>
>>70891198
warsong clans has always been seen as the maniacs from nagrand who fight ogres all year
>>
It really disappoints me that so many Warcraft fans criticize the movie for not including more from the existing lore. So many people crying about how Garona's parentage not explained, Sargeras not mentioned, Gul'dan's not in a coma, Stormwind wasn't sacked, etc.

You have to understand that the movie is not the games. The movie is not the books. The movie is not Wowfuckingwiki. The movie is just based on all that. It is an adaptation, and to be truthful, it's a damn good one. The movie looks and feels and sounds like Warcraft and the base elements of the story are identical to Warcraft. This is all that's required for a quality adaptation. A faithful adaptation would not also be one of quality.

We can look to the pre-existing lore for information on what future stories might involve, but we need to be able to separate the two when the adaptation is realized.
>>
File: wc2.jpg (58 KB, 650x415) Image search: [Google]
wc2.jpg
58 KB, 650x415
>>70900759
Tell me I'm not the only on here hyped for /shadowmoonbowel/?
>>
>>70888248
It was complete shit
>>
>>70901089
You can see Khadgar casting a Fireball and Arcane Missiles at some point.
But yeah, the OST was shit and didn't feel like Warcraft at all.
>>
>>70901140
>Evans
>Immediately defending capeshit
They're memes, lad. Plus he has the heartiest keks on earth
>>
>>70900977
>posting Rotten Tomatoes
>on /tv/
>>
>>70890473
There is no Sargeras or burning legion in the movieverse.

Medivh just got corrupted by the fel and turned into a demon, much like anyone infused with fel in the gameverse does.
>>
>>70901160
This
Tired of people bitching because "muh lore isn't the exact same as muh games."
>>
>>70901160
Keep in mind that many Blizzardrones are autistic and probably this was the first movie they've seen in a long time. Most of them were expecting a 1:1 lore adaptation and have no idea that in order to translate a story from 30 hours of gameplay into 2 hours of a different medium changes have to be made.
>>
>>70901160
>So many people crying about how Garona's parentage not explained

idk how people can't get that Medivh is her father, yeah they cut out all the things that confirm it but the way she looks at him when he says "you left your mate?" is all a non-autist needs.
Movie was still disappointing as fuck, I don't care about them changing things to make their own story but the pacing was fucked and human plot was just dull and halfbaked. I am never going to see Teron Gorefiend on the screen.
>>
>>70901259
Garona describes a demon who talked to Gul'dan, so chances are that this demon was Sargeras who had possesed Medivh.
>>
>>70891056
I hated the panda expansion and quit the game because of it, but going over its lore in retrospective, actually it wasn't that bad, they did some cool original stuff like the Mogu and Lei Shen and connected it to the titans. But it was an old god-related expansion and old gods are more wow that warcraft enemies.
>>
Here you go guys. Answer the poll and all topics like this will no longer be necessary.

http://www.strawpoll.me/10502915
>>
>>70893571
Cause the biggest and meanest wizard of them all was working with the orcs, and the orcs had Gul'Dan on their side who was no slouch at magic himself either.
>>
>>70901284
>idk how people can't get that Medivh is her father,

It's explained in the director's cut of the film. Normies need everything spoon fed to them.
>>
>>70901315
She was referring to Kil'Jaeden
>>
>>70900152
He still looked frail and decrepit compared to Durotan, he only won by draining him with magic.
>>
>>70901372
funniest thing about the change in parentage is all the people who were saying she was going to be a half-draenei like in the game (stupid as fuck retcon) but the way they made her half-human was probably my favourite change, maybe the only one I like and don't just accept.
>>
>go to look up show times
>two showings friday night
>early and very very late

Shit just launched and I'd be surprised it if was even still in theaters next week.

How bad did it bomb?
>>
>>70901404
I don't think he will be in the movie universe if they continue doing movies.
>>
It's better than capeshit, that's more than we could have hoped for
>>
>>70901160
I'm a blizzardrone and my complaint is that they included too much lore. I'd rather they have included less and fleshed it out more. It felt like you needed to understand the game lore to make any sense at all of the movielore.
>>
>>70901492
I didn't feel that way, and I never played any of the Warcraft games or played enough WoW to become even passingly familiar with the lore.
I wasn't even aware that the orcs came from a different world before seeing the movie.
>>
File: lol.png (148 KB, 736x610) Image search: [Google]
lol.png
148 KB, 736x610
>>70901160
>The movie is not Wowfuckingwiki.

>not wanting to see hilarious Cho'gall and Kilrogg hijinks fucking shit up at Stormwind
>>
>>70901315
No, it was just Medivh who had been turned into a demon by being corrupted by fel.

Maybe his demon name will be revealed to be Sargeras as a nod to the games but there are no titans or burning legion in this continuity, it's pretty obvious, there is no Mannoroth blood, the feel corruption comes from draining life and being infused with the magic that produces, not from demons.
>>
>>70888964
I'm only replying to this post but everyone saying that Medivh is implied to be Garona's father is fucking stupid.

Garona implied that her father was Draenei.

(Unless it was her father killed by the orcs) but didn't Garona say her mother was killed by the Orcs, and implied that her moth was impregnated by a race native to Draenor (Draenei.)
>>
>>70899293
>The sacking WILL happen.

It fucking better.
>>
>>70901561
>No, it was just Medivh who had been turned into a demon by being corrupted by fel.

Wrong, he was possessed by Sargeras as a baby in the womb when one of the Avatar's of Sargeras fought his mother.
>>
>>70901577
>Garona implied that her father was Draenei.
Please quote what she says.
And yes, it was her mother that was burnt(presumably) as she has a tusk around her neck that she said was given to her so she'd remember her mother.
>>
File: jesus christ.jpg (94 KB, 614x429) Image search: [Google]
jesus christ.jpg
94 KB, 614x429
>>70901356
I'm genuinely aghast at the amount of fucking casuals on this board
>>
>>70901620
Not in this continuity.
>>
>>70901577
Are you forgetting Medivh's speech about how he came into contact with orcs and fell in love? He heavily implies he is her father.
>>
>>70901646
>Not in this continuity.

Citation needed
>>
>>70901469
If they leave out Kil'Jaeden then there is a huge plot hole to cover, especially for the undead
>>
>>70901679
They left out Ner'zul too so I imagine the Lich King having a different origin in the movies.
>>
>>70901634
>casuals
>>>/v/
>>
>>70901714
ner'zhul could have been left out in that story. They squashed gul'dan and ner'zul into eachother a little bit, but ner'zul stays behind since he was the protoge of gul'dan
>>
>>70888248
>Went with my girlfriend, she had no idea what was going on

your gf was probably just sucking your cock or looking at her phone, srsly, there is not way of not having any idea of what's going on.

even my mom understood the movie, I only played a bit of WoW and warcraft, but had no idea of the story and I was able to understand the movie just fine.
>>
>>70901665
Anon, I probably know the lore better than you do, you answered me by lecturing me on Aegwynn and how Sargeras corrupted Medivh in the womb when his Avatar's demon invasion in the dragon hunt. But there's no evidence of Dragons or demons, and while we can assume that Dragons just have been shown, demons have been absent in the movie continuity in places where they showed up in the game continuity. Much like Mannoroth didn't give his blood to the orcs in the movie continuity, Sargeras didn't possess Medivh either, because the Burning Legion doesn't exist in the movies and Medivh is the only demon, not because he is possessed by Sargeras but simply because he absorbed too much Fel.
>>
>>70901770
>ner'zhul could have been left out in that story.

No, just no. That can't happen. He is far far far to important in the story to leave out.
>>
>>70901856
>But there's no evidence of Dragons or demons,

What? Did you even watch the film anon? They mentioned the term demons and mentioned one demon in particular aka Sargeras.
>>
File: warcraft novels.jpg (402 KB, 1061x788) Image search: [Google]
warcraft novels.jpg
402 KB, 1061x788
>>70901729
read a fucking book, you ignorant nigger
>>
>>70901901
The only one who mentions the term demon once, garona does when she says Gul'dan spoke with one in order to open the dark portal, and we later learn that Medivh was the one who invited the orcs into Azeroth, Medivh was the demon lord. And Sargeras is never mentioned.
>>
>>70901714

Ner'zhul wasn't necessarily left out. He doesn't do anything during the First War in the lore anyway. The only reason to include him is if they also put in Gul'dan's rise to power, Kil'Jaeden coming in contact with the Orcs, and the drinking of Mannoroth's blood. In the lore, he's still living in exile on Draenor during the First War, so they could recap all that later if they wanted to do a story about him opening all the portals that destroy Draenor and Kil'Jaeden turning him into the Lich King.

I think more likely though, if they did those stories, they'll give all his parts to Gul'dan and leave him out entirely or make him a power hungry warlock looking to take Gul'dan's place without adding in how Gul'dan used to be his apprentice.
>>
>>70901946
I thought that Orcs were experts when it came to using axes.
>>
>>70901856
>Much like Mannoroth didn't give his blood to the orcs in the movie continuity, Sargeras didn't possess Medivh either, because the Burning Legion doesn't exist in the movies and Medivh is the only demon, not because he is possessed by Sargeras but simply because he absorbed too much Fel.

I thought it was left open enough that all this could still be added at a later time. I mean, they can't really make many more Warcraft movies without the Burning Legion becoming a thing. It's the single driving force behind all of the existing lore.
>>
>>70901770
Gul'dan was Ner'zhul's apprentice, not the other way around.
>>
File: Peon.png (5 KB, 270x200) Image search: [Google]
Peon.png
5 KB, 270x200
>>70902021
yeah but cheap rubber from 90s action figures doesn't hold it shape very well when suspended in mid air for extended periods.
>>
>>70902021

That's only in vanilla wow.

http://vanilla-wow.wikia.com/wiki/Racial_trait
>>
>>70888248
Just came out of the theatre.
Never played Warcraft in my life, not a vidya person.
I enjoyed it quite a lot, might come back for seconds.
Why did the critics pan it?
>>
>>70902125
I suppose that the war of the Ancients needs to still have happened, but maybe in the movie continuity it was much more devastating for the Legion and that's why they aren't around to found the Horde or something. In any case it's pretty obvious that the Avatar of sargeras doesn't exist in this continuity as beyond Garona speaking about a demon lord in figurative language there's no reference to demons anywhere, and the Kirin Tor would have mentioned demons at some point if they had been empowering the guardians to go to war against them for thousands of years. If the warof the ancients happened in the movie universe and the burning legion exists I think only the Night Elves and perhaps Alodi know about them.
>>
Why don't the orcs just build another portal?
>>
>>70901284
She's not half human
>>
>>70902314
They need a warlock on their side and sacrifices to power the fel magic.

Maybe that's where Ner'Zhul will come in? Gul'Dan will invite him to Azeroth allowing him to open another portal and he'll sacrifice a bunch of the Orcs to do so, ultimately leading to Doomhammer purging the warlocks.
>>
>>70902317
they confirm Medivh is her father in the novelization. He thanks Moroes for giving him time with his daughter before he goes fel and there are other hints that are cut out like him asking her how old she is when questioning her in the cell.
On another note I don't think we'll have both Sarg and Kil if we get any named demons. More likely to be Kil'jaeden for the lich king tie in and they could hint to him having a darker master if they want.
>>
>>70902317
gtfo wow drone. Garona had been half human up until blizzard decided to fuck up the lore.
>>
>>70902416
>Medivh fucked an orc
Based as fuck. Now the statue in the middle of Stormwind makes sense.
>>
>>70902497
A true warrior.
>>
>>70902497
He got that for fucking up trolls. Medivh was based as fuck and probably one of the most powerful (or least subtle) wizards I've seen in a movie. Shame we didn't get any other wizardly shit except for that god awful Khadgar.
>>
>>70902558
Khadgar wasn't awful, game Khadgar is a lecherous cheeky cunt too.
>>
>>70902634
Oh I know he is and I love that about him, I think they wrote him fine I just didn't like the actor.
>>
>>70902634

Ugh, I hate game khadgar. Every time I see him, I just think "Why aren't you Medivh?"
>>
So, about box office and the chances to get a sequel, is it like this?

400+ million = Small chance for sequel.
450+ million = Good, but not guaranteed chance for sequel
500+ million = Guaranteed sequel.
>>
Was this the first film which pandered to an autistic demographic on purpose?
>>
>>70904660
Just so we are clear. Are we talking about the chinese or actual autists?
>>
>>70904813
All chinese are autists. There's a reason for widespread abacus use.
>>
>>70888248
better than mcu shit
>>
>>70904914
If you really think Warcraft was better than Civil War your capeshit hatred has really blinded you.
>>
>>70904470
Well then say good fucking bye cause it's not gonna reach any of those goals. Wherever the Worldwide is at now it's gonna stay there and maybe increase 10 million max when it releases in the remaining countries.

>ywn see Arthas succeeding his father with the original WC3 OST in IMAX 3D.

fuck it all
>>
>>70904932
not that guy but WC is leagues better
Never played WC, never read a comic in my life
>>
File: OrMg4vm[1].jpg (140 KB, 817x1019) Image search: [Google]
OrMg4vm[1].jpg
140 KB, 817x1019
>>70892235
>>70892601
>>70892208
>>70892189
>>70892189
Go'el is hebrew for Moses
Not even kidding
>>
>>70905521
I'm pretty sure something like MSS is Hebrew for Moses, considering that, it's, you know, a Hebrew name.
>>
>>70905778

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goel
>>
>>70905954
Fuck me sideways
>>
>>70901631
>>70901662
As far as i remember.

Garona's mother was a draenei prisioner. One of the warchiefs ordered their men to rape prisoners to see if it was viable to have halfbreeds for infiltration purposes (not sure of this)

When she was born she grew up with the orcs and became gul'dans personal assassin. She was then send to kill king lane

She falls in love with medivh. Becomes good aligned and chooses not to kill the king. But gul'dan mind controls her and kills Lane infront of Varyan.

Varyan then grows to become the new alliance king with haye towards garona

At some point he captures her and kills her i think
>>
>>70907557
In the games sure.
>>
File: 1466112817751.png (116 KB, 912x547) Image search: [Google]
1466112817751.png
116 KB, 912x547
>>70888248
kek
9.6%
>>
>>70907557
Okay, what does this have to do with Garona supposedly implying that one of her parents was a Draenei in the movie?
>>
File: ss+(2016-06-16+at+07.56.12).png (5 KB, 457x40) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-06-16+at+07.56.12).png
5 KB, 457x40
From the movie novel.
>>70907680
That's pretty much all you can assume she is until Medivh reveals he is her father. They just cut it all out of the theatrical cut and made it ambiguous because... who fucking knows?
>>
>>70907680
Someone was saying that her draenei part migth be her father. Im just clarifying it is her mother and her father was an orc
>>
>>70891267
>>70891301
In the game lore, Lothar, the King, and Medivh grew up together. Maybe it's different in the movie backstory though.
>>
>>70893751
You sound pretty jealous and insecure friend. Have a nice day :)
>>
So how many more movies until we get to see Malfurion turn into Moonkin or Tree form?
>>
File: Love Child.jpg (142 KB, 2011x693) Image search: [Google]
Love Child.jpg
142 KB, 2011x693
Mystery Solved
>>
Shit, thread still going? Nice. I just went to bed.

>>70893751
I was merely using her as a counterpoint to me. One of us has played the games and one has not. Did you want me to lie and say friend?

>>70895866
This bothered me, too. Maybe once they're captured and have lost their will to fight they're easier to drain? He had a lot of trouble with Durotan. I'd say it's a strength-of-soul thing they didn't bother explaining.

>>70898260
>americans are stupid
>mom
I'm not American. Where did he say he loved her mum?

>>70901259
>There is no Sargeras or burning legion in the movieverse
There is no possible way for you to know that.
>>
>>70901356
Yeah, let's forego any discussion on this board in favour of simply filling out strawpolls.

>>70901577
I agree that nothing in the film swayed me that way but an anon linked the novelisation where it is explicitly stated. (Could've been Sargeras talking)

>>70905521
It means redeemer but Moses is Hebrew for Moses.
>>
>>70905954
doesn't even mention Moses though. Just means redeemer
>>
>>70901634
wow 1
>>
>>70901634
If liking it is 6/10 or higher, then yeah. I gave it a 6, so I voted yes.
>>
>>70901714
nerzhul doesnt do shit until wc2 expansion when humans go thru the portal to destroy it
>>
>>70888248
Not good, not bad. It's the definition of "okay"
>>
>>70888248
Also, how come fat Warcraft nerds are so desperate that they bump threads for 15 hours?
>>
>>70911362
Well I'm OP and I went to bed about eleven hours ago. Woke up again about an hour ago. Also I'm not THAT fat...
>>
>>70911362
I sure would rather they make a new thread each time they want to post :^)
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0f9fpwGsyg

after watching this cunt critic interview him i kinda want to go watch it
>>
>>70888248
It was slightly better than BvS.

It has a lot of the same issues.

The big difference that Duncan Jones doesn' hate the characters or the source material. On the contrary he is a loyal fan who made a faithful movie. Too bad it sucks if you haven't played the game.

6/10 for nerds.

2/10 for normies.
>>
>>70888248
why was duratan such a pussy? In the first fight against humans he just watching and looks like he's going to cry!

That and the female half orc were my only two problems but they were large. She couldn't act, and her plot was shit and she was just there as a plot device. Movie would have been 8/10 except for these two things, 6.5/10 with them
>>
What's up with the title? Is it Warcraft or Warcraft: The Beginning?
>>
>>70911777

Probably a European thing.
>>
>>70911517
seriously, is this the critics first interview with a director? His complaints are what every book adaption movie does. What a twat
>>
File: Black-And-White-Guy-Meme.jpg (63 KB, 400x441) Image search: [Google]
Black-And-White-Guy-Meme.jpg
63 KB, 400x441
I enjoyed it.

Ive played the games for years (well, i havent played WoW in a few) and have read most of the books. I went to see this tonight with low expectations. I enjoyed it very much. Sure, it was a bit fast paced at times and some shit was hardly explained ir even totally different from the game and books. But really what do you expect? Blizzard did not direct and write the script. Not everything is going to be the same (honestly this shit goes for every movie based on a book or even a game) and i still found myself enjoying the movie.

I honestly hope more comes from this but i wont be broken up about it if it doesnt.
>>
People are telling me Grommash was in this movie but I never saw him. Anyone care to clarify?
>>
>>70912844
he's in it for a few seconds at the start and a few more seconds when more orcs come thru the portal at the end. He had lines but were cut
>>
>>70901856
I don't think this is right. They seemed to merge Alodi and Aegwynn into one character for this film.

In the lore, Alodi was the first Guadian, and male.
Aegwynn was Medivh's mother, possessed by Sargeras and the one who warns Khadgar and Llane that Medivh is possessed.

In the film, Alodi is a woman possessed by the Fel and the one who warns Khadgar that Medivh is possessed.
Recall Alodi's glowing green eyes. I'd say this is another example of stuff that was just merged to squeeze as much in as possible. It seems to me that like in the lore, Medivh's mother was possessed just as he was.
>>
>>70888248
it was shit

coming from someone who wanted to like it and played both W3 and WoW
>>
>>70890127
Garona thinks she is dranai but is actually have human. Interesting.

And I liked the movie but realize that the human story was not on par with the orc (duncan didn't fix it so its on metzen) and that 40 mins cut ruined the pacing.
>>
>>70913137
It was pretty good.

Coming from someone who wanted to like it and played WC1, WC2, WC3, and WoW.
>>
this movie wouldve been good had the studio not asked duncan to trim it down by 40 minutes. its not like LotR where they just cut useless scenes (and was still given 3 hours in the theatre) this movie literally NEEDED 2 hours and 40 minutes to flesh out the characters and give the movie a nice pace. when you can SEE where they cut certain scenes you know that THAT was the problem with the movie
>>
>>70913735
I agree. I'm assuming it's because Asian countries notoriously have a lower attention span (the three-hour Wicked was cut to a half-hour show for its Chinese and Japanese tours) but that doesn't really seem like a good reason to cut it for all other countries as well.
>>
It's not LotR, but it's not The Hobbit tier either.
I liked it, and would rate it among Mortal Kombat and Prince of Persia as far as video game movies that are alright go (first Resident Evil is alright as well, but not good as a faithful adaption, and fuck Silent Hill, so retarded).
Also, I think people are being too unfair to all the lore drop and not understanding it. It wasn't that bad, LotR was full of it as well, it just didn't bother most people because they were already familiar with the books or drawn in enough to go and figure out what was being said after the fact, and a lot of said drops will go to play in the upcoming sequel (thank you china).
3/5, it's alright.
>>
>>70913899
>trilogy of alright video games
kek
>>
File: grom1.jpg (36 KB, 720x304) Image search: [Google]
grom1.jpg
36 KB, 720x304
>>70912844
>>
>>70913991
Cheers for that.
>>
File: kargath1.jpg (35 KB, 720x304) Image search: [Google]
kargath1.jpg
35 KB, 720x304
>>70913991
>>
File: grom2.jpg (29 KB, 720x304) Image search: [Google]
grom2.jpg
29 KB, 720x304
>>70914011
two more
>>
>>70914017
Does anyone give a shit about Kargath, though?
>>
>>70913899
Lotr was boring as shit. I bet Warcraft will be immensely better and not walking for 3 movies.
>>
File: kargath2.jpg (22 KB, 720x304) Image search: [Google]
kargath2.jpg
22 KB, 720x304
>>70914034
shit quality tho
>>
>>70914036

I would, if the movie actually used him as a character in any way shape or form
>>
>>70914115
I think the last thing this film needed was another character's story crammed into its 119min runtime.
>>
>>70914036
edgelords, I don't remember shit about what he does except being some ogres bitch desu
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.