[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have developed an addiction for British comedy panel shows,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6
File: WILTY.jpg (32 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
WILTY.jpg
32 KB, 480x270
I have developed an addiction for British comedy panel shows, it's starting to affect my personal life and it's getting worse.

What's your opinion on these?
>>
File: Ahnold.jpg (32 KB, 400x317) Image search: [Google]
Ahnold.jpg
32 KB, 400x317
The British are the funniest people on Earth. Many from other nations will be upset with this (some quite so) but it's simply a fact that never has been and never will be refuted.
>>
Frankie boyle Kek
>>
Celebrity Juice is the best
>>
I like 8 out of 10 cats does Countdown when I want to feel a bit more civilised, plus saying the name to people outside of Britain confuses the fuck out of them
>>
>>70886079
>t. Bongoloid

I don't know if brits are the funniest people on Earth but I gotta admit their TV programs are top notch. American television has nowhere near that quality to offer.

>>70886108
I think he's funny but, just as with Kevin Brigdes, I can't understand a fucking word of what he's saying. Scottish-English sounds retarded to me.
>>
Top comfy
>>
>>70886134
Why do Americans always struggle to understand regional English dialects
>>
>>70886110
It's great you can laugh and have a wank at the same time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzl-QOfrFeA
>>
>>70886110

>he watches ITV2

pikey or chav?
>>
>>70886181
I'm not American. I'm not even a native English speaker. I've had a hard time in the past to understand British because I was too used to American but I've eventually learnt, except for fucking Scottish.
>>
>>70886253
Upper class rich boy who likes to mix with the common pleb
>>
>>70886266
Fair enough
>>
>>70886253
Keith Lemon is utterly pleb tier. Same goes for Russel Howard.
>>
File: limmys bad uncle.jpg (36 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
limmys bad uncle.jpg
36 KB, 900x600
>>70886108
Ah like the enternet, Ah like how it brings people together, ye know? That's becawse ahm a sexual preydator.

Theyrs a groop on tha enternet cawled anone-a-mas. Ah done thenk ye need tae use tha name anone-a-mas tae hide yir aydentaty tho, jis done use yir real name, ye know? Use anotha name. Fir exahmple, ah use tha name mahdelen mackann, en tha hopes hir parents will see et an thenk tha enternet es haunted bah tha ghost ef thir deed daughtar.

Emagine ef Jimmy Savelle hed had access tae tha enternet. Heh cood hev fexed et fir everyboady... Tae hev thir cheldren be raped by ah TV celebretae end knight ev tha realm! Ah thenk he would hev loved tha enternet tho, and ah thenk ef Jimmy Savelle hed hed tha enternet then bah noo et would beh win hundrid pircent chahld poorn ensted ev jest ninetae fav pircent...
>>
>>70886462
>comparing Keith Lemon to cuckboy Howard
>>
>>70886003
This basically sums it up:
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2z-AdzgKjY

>you know now it's like a small pool of agents who have monopolized panel shows who keep getting their shitty unfunny clients on every panel show
>>
Panel shows are the lowest form of comedy

You should be ashamed
>>
I once had a dream where Simon Amstel was getting rag dolled by Phil Jupitus.
>>
>>70886604
Define 'rag dolled'
>>
>>70886462
Keith Lemon appeals to both plebs and patricians because he's actually funny, but disgusts pretentious cunts with his "common" accent and bawdy style.

Russel Howard disgusts both plebs and patricians with his unfunny (and morally cowardly) attempts at political commentary, but appeals to liberals who like to hear their second-hand political views echoed back at them, and to working class plebs with such pathetic middle-class pretentions that they think BBC3 is sophisticated.
>>
>>70886181
>Live in the West-Midlands.
>Pretty much one of the places in England that has virtually no accent at all (if that makes sense).
>Americans on the internet still can't understand what I'm saying in perfectly clear English.
>Even Japanese people understand me.
I swear Americans are really retarded.
>>
>>70886655
make a vocaroo thing of your accent lad
>>
File: Ck8EX6CUYAAMXMQ.jpg (45 KB, 480x416) Image search: [Google]
Ck8EX6CUYAAMXMQ.jpg
45 KB, 480x416
>>70886655
>>70886679
I'M MORE ENAMOURED OVER THOSE TRIPLE DUBS LAD
>>
>>70886621
Not that Anon but "rag doll" in video games means a body that is moved around an environment while being completely limp (dead or unconscious). For example if an explosion throws a character onto the roof of a house, killing them, and their limp corpse slides down and onto the floor, arms and legs flopping around.

I would infer from this that Anon's dream featured Amstell's unconscious or exhausted body being fucked by Jupitus so violently that his lifeless limbs bounce around like that of an inanimate object.
>>
>>70886253
What exactly is a pikey? I think chav is like english white trash?
>>
>>70886841
Haven't you watched Snatch?
>>
>>70886902
I have not.
>>
>>70886841
pikey is the english word for gypsy. and the word they don't like (most of them self identify as either gypsies or travellers)
chav is white trash, specifically urban but you can have darkie chavs as well
>>
>>70886927
Well jog off and go watch it then

Man I thought everyone saw that when they were about 16
>>
>>70886998
cheers
>>
>>70886110
I always wondered who the fuck watches that
>>
>>70886539
is it a dolphin in a bathtub?
>>
>>70887047
no problem la.
>>
File: HullFairFrom200Feet.jpg (687 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
HullFairFrom200Feet.jpg
687 KB, 2048x1536
>>70886841
Pikey (AKA gypsy) is a perjorative slang term for Irish traveller people.

They don't own or rent property, instead they move around Britiain with caravans, trailers, RVs, sometimes even with horses, settle temporarily (and usually illegally) on waste ground or unused farmland, and aggressively trade their labour and homemade craft goods with the locals. This usually consists of laying tarmac, general property repairs and other temporary blue-collar work. They're also notorious thieves and famously expert boxers (I think world champion Tyson Fury might have been raised in a "traveller" community).

There's a huge group of travellers who turn up at my hometown every year for two weeks bringing a ton of impressive fairground attractions. Rides, games, food trucks etc. Pic related, it's Hull fair. A friend of mine worked in a nightclub and said they hired out the entire club for the night, threw wads of cash at him and literally pulled the beer taps around to face the other side of the bar and helped themselves. They'd jump over the bar and start serving each other like they owned the place. Absolutely trashed the club. The manager told my mate to just allow it since they'd paid so much money.

Another time when they were in town, the lead roof from my bay windows went missing. I didn't even realise it until rain started coming in.

The Guy Ritchie movie Snatch gives you a good idea of what these people look like, their camp, incomprehensible dialect, and people's attitudes towards them. It's also a pretty entertaining 100 minutes.
>>
>>70887034
Snatch and Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels are pure britkino
>>
>>70887177
Gypo is also acceptable slang
>>
>>70887214
I've heard the term "Gypogg" more than once.
>>
>>70886595
I've heard that phrase so many times that every form of entertainment has been eventually pushed down as the lowest form of comedy in such a way that panel shows are on the top again.
>>
Bumping so that Anon who went off to watch Snatch can come back and watch:

Snatch Wars
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vskHXtPuvBk
>>
OH MY GOD THE DAILY MAIL
>>
>>70886079
There are a lot of very good British Comedies, none of them are they shitty quiz shows however.
>>
>>70887886
8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown is quality.
Never Mind The Buzzcocks (Lamarr/Amstell edition) has it's moments.
Shooting Stars is hilarious if you like surreal comedy.
Would I Lie to You is pretty great sometimes.
Have I Got News For You is a classic, though I haven't really watched it since Angus Deaton.

Most of the other stuff I can think of is pretty mediocre though.
>>
>>70888029
Its gotten so much better since Angus left. Never found him funny in the slightest and having a guest presenter has worked in the show's favour
>>
File: tumblr_nu66mk0Oln1thf1ngo1_500.jpg (34 KB, 500x273) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nu66mk0Oln1thf1ngo1_500.jpg
34 KB, 500x273
>>70886192
always makes me giggle
>>
>>70888632
I read Private Eye sometimes (of which Hislop has been editor for fuck knows how long). He's fairly witty and knows his stuff when it comes to politics, and Merton is funny as well (though I found his wife Caroline Aherne funnier - at least as Mrs Merton).

I reckon I'll try to get back into it. Are they still rotating hosts or do they have a regular guy in that chair now?
>>
>>70887177
They're like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkiix0aveRk
>>
>>70886079
The British actually are unironically probably the funniest people on Earth.

I think the class system, and other bizarre aspects of our society, serve for great bases for comedy. The culture is uniquely funny.
>>
>>70886655
Are you me? But yes other than Brum The West Midlands has no accent at all. Ive been described as 'neutral British' pretty much.

Where do you live lad?
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.