[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is one of the worst movies I've ever seen. The plot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 11
File: Warcraft_Teaser_Poster(2).jpg (392 KB, 600x960) Image search: [Google]
Warcraft_Teaser_Poster(2).jpg
392 KB, 600x960
This is one of the worst movies I've ever seen.
The plot made no sense, the characters were boring, flat and unrealistic, the script was campy and full of clichés, and the acting was horrendous. Anyone who says they like it is either a corporate shill or they know nothing about movies.
>>
>>70883482
It's hard to take someone serisouly when they can't even follow the plot of a video game flick.
>>
>>70883528
I get the main plot. But the individual scenes were nonsensical and they reference things that don't make sense unless you know Warcraft.
A movie should stand on its own without having to be propped up by a videogame.
>>
>>70883482
Name a better videogame movie.
>>
>>70883695
Mortal Kombat
>>
>>70883681
What do they reference that doesn't make sense? Just because they mention something in the world doesn't mean they have to explain it. It just makes the world feel more real and developed.
>>
>>70883482
To someone who has not played the games, a 3/10 is fair score. But the movie deserves no more than a 5/10 for someone familiar with the series.

Truth be told, I'm not even sure if Duncan Bowie knows how to properly stitch to coherent scenes together.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_my1d3rMmEm1qb415x.gif (741 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_my1d3rMmEm1qb415x.gif
741 KB, 500x281
>>70883809
What happened to the Orc world that ruined it? How did the Orcs contact that Guardian to open the gate in the first place?
What is the fel and why is it bad?
Why is having green eyes bad?
What the hell is thst blue stuff and why did it turn green? Why was that bad?
Whyyyyyy?
>>
>>70883918
>>70883809
Also what was with those weird gremlin orcs that were hiding under the rocks in the canyon? Where did they come from and what was their relationship with the regular orcs?
>>
>>70883918
>What happened to the Orc world that ruined it?

Durotan: You don't think it strange, we lost our home when Gul'dan came to power?
Orgrim: One orc cannot kill a world, Durotan.
Durotan: Are you sure? Look around you, does it not remind you of something? Everywhere Gul'dan works his magic, the land dies.

>What is the fel and why is it bad?

Lothar: Guardian, what is the fel?
Medivh: A magic unlike any other. It feeds on life itself, it pollutes the user, twisting everything it touches. It promises great power, but it exacts a terrible price.

>Why is having green eyes bad?

Gul'dan has green eyes. The orcs corrupted by the fel has green skin. Green=fel

>What the hell is that blue stuff and why did it turn green? Why was that bad?

The blue stuff is some magic shit i suppose, and it turned green because Medivh was corrupted by the fel and he swam in the blue lake and the blue lake turned green.

>Whyyyyyy?

Because fuck you, that's why
>>
>>70883956
the green orcs during the meeting scene, you mean? there was a scene from the leaked comic con footage that explained the green orcs, why they cut it from the theatrical release was beyond me. Durotan and Orgrim are walking into the orc camp you see in the opening segment and they see green orcs and Orgirm tells Durotan that their skin is green and Durotan replies, "all i know is that our planet is dying, we need food, we need water." There's also a scene on the orc planet where Durotan, his wife, and Orgrim and some other green orc are sitting by a campfire and the green orc says that Gul'dan's magic made him powerful.
>>
>Hey, nice tan, where'd you go, Hawaii?
>Nah I just sprayed myself with Durotan
>>
>>70883695

Silent Hill.
>>
File: 1460604708239.png (21 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1460604708239.png
21 KB, 900x900
>>70883918
>>
>>70883482
if warcraft is the worst movie youve ever seen, youve really not seen enough trash. go watch oversexed rugsuckers from mars and come back to me
>>
The movie doesnt do a very good job of explaining what is what to the normies who never touched warcraft but if you've played all the games you know exactly whats happening and why. Thats probably a bad thing if you aren't familiar but i was fine with it. I only had two problems with it. The acting and the stuff that they changed.

The acting for everyone except for Medivh and the Orcs was fucking trash. I have not seen worse casting in a film in a long time.

The made a lot of really fucking dumb changes.
>Lothar killing Blackhand
>Garona killing the King against her will
>Orcs losing the war
>Khadgar not becoming old as fuck

Also, why the fuck did Blackhand even challenge Lothar to the duel? Why didn't he just fucking kill him? Why the fuck were the humans so willing to trust Garona? Why was the Queen so willing to trust her?
>>
>>70883695
Street Fighter.
>>
Gul'dan fighting Durotan was fucking awesome. Honestly the highlight of the movie.
>>
>>70885788
GUL'DAN YOU HAVE NO HONOR
>>
>>70885788
it was hype as fuck when gul'dan took off his cloak
>>
>>70883695
House Of The Dead.
>>
You have to be fucking literally mentally deficient to not understand this movie, it's so simple.
>>
>>70885868
How's your level 234 Night Elf Mohawk doing?
>>
>>70885708
the orcs didnt lose the war, they killed everyone except for lothar

The rest I agree they shouldn't have changed.
>>
>>70885902
>level 234
FUCKING KEK
>>
>>70885923
>It's funny how you don't grasp my game
Or you mine.
>>
What main concepts of the movie did you not understand? They're all clearly stated within the dialogue and demonstrated visually.
>>
File: 1464451625306.png (519 KB, 595x594) Image search: [Google]
1464451625306.png
519 KB, 595x594
>>70883482
Will mike and jay like it?
>>
File: pepe-blizzard.jpg (116 KB, 633x568) Image search: [Google]
pepe-blizzard.jpg
116 KB, 633x568
>on track to becoming the highest grossing movie ever in China
>>
>>70885983
I know they won't but who fucking cares what they think
they praise every capeshit movie that comes out
>>
File: armond white.jpg (22 KB, 300x279) Image search: [Google]
armond white.jpg
22 KB, 300x279
I'll trust what this guy has to say.
>>
>>70885983
Mike will probably like it except for flim flam and the gobbly gook references no one but die hard Warcraft fans got.
Jay will absolutely loathe it.
>>
>>70885708

It does a fine job of explaining. My mother watched the damn thing amd followed without issues. You'd need to be an autist not to be able to follow. Also, this "movie criticism" morons here like to throw out in regards to pacing is much like a lot of other things, overblown. Normies dont really care. Just ameritard sheep who cant think for themselves
>>
>>70883695
>>
>>70886061
im not complaining about explaining things, im complaining about the dumb additions they made to the story
>>
>>70883695
All of them.
>>
File: 1374426673881.jpg (17 KB, 449x500) Image search: [Google]
1374426673881.jpg
17 KB, 449x500
>>70883528
>>70883809
>blizzdrones in full effect after the first fucking post

KYS
Y
S
>>
I am considering watching this tonight

Yay or nay with reasons
>>
>>70886168
Yes if you like warcraft
no if you dont or aren't familiar with it
>>
>>70886168
No it's terrible. Also you won't be able to understand anything if you haven't played the games.
>>
>>70886168
Yay

reasons:

you won't know until you see
>>
>>70885708
>Khadgar not becoming old as fuck
He'll gradually get older in the next film.

>Orcs losing the war
Who said they lost?

>why the fuck did Blackhand even challenge Lothar to the duel?
Because he gets more honor points numbnuts
>>
>>70886168
yay
if u like fantasy or if you're familiar with warcraft
>>
>>70886168

My girlfriend by and large does not like Warcraft, has never played any Warcraft game, and enjoyed the movie.
>>
>>70886168
Yay.
It's a fun ride and a decent fantasy/action flick. Plus if you hate it at least you'll have something to shitpost about.
>>
>>70883482
trying too hard, autist
>>
>>70885902
this, OP and co. are literally inbred retards
>>
>>70883482
>>70883918
I'm starting to think its morons that dislike this movie.
>>
>>70886185
> Also you won't be able to understand anything if you haven't played the games.

Not true at all. Any fan of fantasy can follow and understand everything just fine.
>>
>>70886307
>Blizzdrone triggered by getting WoW terms wrong
kek
>>
>>70886168
Go watch the extended trailer. If you like it then yes.
>>
>>70883695
Super mario bros
>>
This is one of the worst movies I've ever seen.
The plot made no sense, the characters were boring, flat and unrealistic, the script was campy and full of clichés, and the acting was horrendous. Anyone who says they like it is either a corporate shill or they know nothing about movies.

It's astonishing how similar the flaws of both these movies are.
>>
>>70883918
>>70884073
to explain it pretty much

Blue = arcane which is "balance" magic
Green = fel which is "chaos" magic

the two of them are opposites, as is shadow and holy, fire and frost.

as for the pool its self it was pretty much an arcane magic mana pool.

of course the movie didn't explain this shit nor anything really.
>>
>>70883777
This. Trips confirm.
>>
>>70883482
>The plot made no sense,

2deep4u
>>
>>70883482
...and the night was dark and full of terrors.
>>
>>70886168
If you have at any point in your life played, looked at or heard about Warcraft, DotA or WoW, then definitely yes.
>>
Agreed OP, Warcraft and xmen have been shilled an insane amount on here when they're both the lowest forms of shit
>>
>>70883918
>>
>based on Warcraft I yet there are no Clerics, Conjurers, Necrolytes, Warlocks,Wolfriders, Catapults, not even a single Crossbowman
>Doomhammer doesn't slay Blackhand
>Doomhammer betrays Durotan
>Green eyes instead of red
>Green blood instead of black
>no Medivh/Gul'dan interaction
>no grey characters
>shitty OC characters
>rushed plot that feels like it's jumping from scene to scene to fulfill the plotpoint quota
>shitty acting all around
>Garona is a slave instead of Gul'dan's spy
>kill me pls, Garona
>Stormwind doesn't get razed
>Dark Portal isn't opened
>not a word of the Burning Legion
>Fel = Evil
>>
it doesn't directly explain a lot but if you aren't retarded you can put two and two together and know who the kirin tor are, what medivhs mana pool was etc
>>
File: this moreso.jpg (32 KB, 299x440) Image search: [Google]
this moreso.jpg
32 KB, 299x440
>>70886402
ditto ditto etc
>>
>>70886442
well there were warlocks and the orcs thought the human mages were warlocks
>>
>>70886442
>Stormwind doesn't get razed

This is the only thing that triggered me.
>>
>>70883956
The orcs under the rocks were laying in wait because of Durotan's second in command planning to betray them
>>
>>70886408
>arcane
>balance magic

The fuck? It's arcane magic that draws demons to Azeroth. The entire purpose of the Guardian is to protect the world from the consequences of using arcane. Fuck this gay ass movie.
>>
>>70886168

Nay.

Shit acting.

*Shoehorned* strong women.

Rubbish action scenes with no emotional investment or sense of weight or possible loss.
>>
>>70886465
>there were warlocks

Gul'dan and...
>>
File: WoW_Chronicle_Magic.jpg (720 KB, 1350x1800) Image search: [Google]
WoW_Chronicle_Magic.jpg
720 KB, 1350x1800
>>70886490
Technically arcane is the magic of order

and the opposite of fel
>>
>>70883695
Street Fighter 2: The animated movie
Final Fantasy
>>
This movie will be really helped by a directors cut
>>
>>70886573
>polish a turd
>>
>>70886552
>when you cant think of anything to be the opposite of nature so you just write undead

that's pretty shit
>>
>>70886654
it's actually the opposite to the wild gods on this pic.

What bothers me more is that air is put between fel and necromantic
>>
One complaint some people seem to have that makes no sense to me is Lothar's reaction to his son's death.
I thought it was well done. He desperately called out to Medivh, tried very hard to get through the barrier and when he realized there was nothing he could do his desperation turned into rage as he watched Blackhand kill his boy. He's a warrior so falling to his knees and dramatically screaming "NOOOOO!" in that moment would not have been in character.
Plus it's like everyone who complains about this conviently forgets about the scene where he is getting wasted and in mourning.
>>
>>70886683

Yeah that scene was probably one of the few where Travis actually acted
>>
>>70886682
what about the fact that light/holy/naaru are closer to Disorder/fel/burning legion than arcane and shadow/voidlords/old gods are closer to order/arcane/titans

>>70886683
I think the bigger issue is that nobody gives a shit about the kid because he has like 3 lines and is introduced for the explicit purpose of dying in an attempt to give lothar some sort of character
>>
>>70886789
I can agree with that point but the complaint I see the most is about his reaction to the death.
>>
>>70883482
It was better than I expected, a 6/10.
If you give it anything below a 4/10, you're delusional.
>>
>>70886168
Yay, if you go in with very low expectations.
Don't expect a masterpiece or anything beyond fun and entertainment.
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.