[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best Simpsons seasons?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: martin prince.jpg (50 KB, 460x343) Image search: [Google]
martin prince.jpg
50 KB, 460x343
I know it's well regarded that earlier seasons of the Simpsons are the best ones, but up to what season?

Are there any seasons I should skip over? Honorable mentions for later seasons that I should check out?
>>
Anyone?
>>
1-27
>>
>>70882925
I bought 3-10 because they were for sale at the HMV. :)
>>
>>70882925
Fun fact: Reruns of the OP image episode now include a disclaimer that faggot means a bundle of sticks
>>
>>70883100
No way bitch

>>70883124
What's an HMV?
>>
>>70883158
This episode was simply too awesome to get played on my TV, apparently.
>>
>>70883159
His Master's Voice

A store that sells dog products and records.
It's a british thing
>>
>>70883179
Oh well I live in Lithuania. No HMV's here
>>
>>70883179
oh. suddenly the dog and ye olde record player makes sense.
>>
>>70882925
They later had to put a dictionary definition on screen because literal faggots got triggered.
>>
>>70883158
Given the state of the world today I'd believe this EXCEPT that I don't believe they would ever re-run an 18th season episode. They wouldn't do that. W-would they?
>>
>>70883124
Buy seasons 1 and 2 for sake of completeness and you're good. 3 to 10 should cover it.
>>
>>70883715
What? I've never heard of this, I haven't seen this episode so I'm inclined to believe you.
>>
>>70883715
>>70883158
>>70883973

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AWI_ECKrBc

lmao they did it the absolute madmen
>>
>>70882925
Things start getting goofier after like season 6.
The first episode that is so random and so bad is Principle and the Pauper in season 9.

I wasnt allowed to watch when I was really young, but my parents kinda gave up as I got older. I remember watching seasons like 8-14 as they aired so I have a soft spot for the extremely goofy episodes.

But going back as an adult and watching the old ones for the first time, early seasons are really really fucking good without having to resort to craziness. A lot are relatable and have really well written jokes. And there are a good number that make you feel in the early seasons.

Just start watching them in order, youll very clearly see the progression and you will know when the writing takes a huge shit. And there are some acceptable episodes even up till like season 14-15, but they are few and far between at that point.
>>
>>70884042
It'd be ironic if they played that on same day as the shooting in Miami.

That Kfc ad during Walking Dead kills me still.
>>
File: 1465890686670.png (397 KB, 637x476) Image search: [Google]
1465890686670.png
397 KB, 637x476
>>70884080
Only reason I don't watch it on FXX anymore is because they don't play it in order. Themes for some reason, granted they play them in season order but that's closest semblance to order.

I wish they'd do the Simpsons week again.

Pic is me during that week.
>>
3-9 are the golden age. 1-2 are ok and 10 has a few good moments still, but cracks can start to be seen as early as 8 in some places.
>>
>>70884172
Every simpsons ever marathon game threads were so fucking good. That was actually when I first watched all the old seasons in a row, not just ones I had seen in syndication.

The threads were so busy during the golden age seasons too. I barely got any sleep those first few days.

I dont actually watch FXX, but I do use the Simpsons World website since I have a cable subscription. Its really nice.
>>
File: 14deathstranding.jpg (25 KB, 620x300) Image search: [Google]
14deathstranding.jpg
25 KB, 620x300
>>70884291
I fell asleep during season 3 and my couch was so uncomfortable I had to sleep in a bed.

Pic is me when I finally got in bed.
>>
File: John_Swartzwelder.png (142 KB, 167x217) Image search: [Google]
John_Swartzwelder.png
142 KB, 167x217
For all you golden era Simpsons fans, you need to read John Swartzwelders books. You can find his first book The Time Machine Did It on google really easy.

The jokes in the books are just like his episodes he wrote.
>>
Southpark is good after season 10
whether an episode is good or bad (less good really) varies on an episode by episode basis (something that also exists in earlier seasons of the simpsons) and isn't part of a constant downward trend after a set point

how does this make you feel?
>>
>>70884601
>(something that also exists in earlier seasons of the simpsons) and isn't part of a constant downward trend after a set point

Shitty episodes are rare in seasons 3-6.
They become more prevalent in 7-10, and by the time you hit 11+ you are getting more awful episodes than good ones.

How is that not a constant downward trend?
>>
>>70884653
up to season 8 it's not shitty episodes so much as episodes that are less good than the norm
same thing with south park regardless of season
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.