[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can American Psycho save Elliot Rodgers?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 686x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 686x250
Is there any evidence showing that Elliot has seen this movie?

If the young man has ever seen American Psycho, would he reflect on his life and his thoughts?

Or he would have been deaf to its message?
>>
File: 1390850635590.jpg (11 KB, 300x330) Image search: [Google]
1390850635590.jpg
11 KB, 300x330
>>70878591
Elliot had no capacity for self-introspection and was severely deluded; he would likely fail to see the connections between himself and Bateman and fail to empathize with him because Bateman had a gf and got women. Also check 'em.
>>
>>70878667
this

once he hit puberty he was literally a ticking time bomb. he refused to take his medication and multiple tried to help him and give him therapy but as he aged he actively refused it.
>>
>>70878667
Pretty much.

I doubt anything but intensive psychotherapy could have changed his mind about his status as a self-styled sympathetic protagonist.
>>
>>70878667
Well I guess that's it.

My idea that art can save minds is a fantasy after all
>>
>>70878591
Read his manifesto before worshipping him faggot. He was a fucking trainwreck of a human being.
>>
he probably would have missed the message and thought Bateman was cool. He also probably would have thought Travis Bickle was a real hero.
>>
If any of you read his Manifesto you'd know his favorite Kino is The Land Before Time.
>>
>>70878591
>Is there any evidence showing that Elliot has seen this movie?

His use of Sussudio in one of his videos, is it concrete proof? No. But between the ranting and the music choice I'm going to say he's seen it.
>>
File: 1465545795294.jpg (195 KB, 1000x1375) Image search: [Google]
1465545795294.jpg
195 KB, 1000x1375
>>70878667
>self-introspection

the 'self' is redundant you fucking moron
>>
>>70879486
That doesn't prove anything though, Sussudio is a famous song.

Now if it was Hip to be Square, I'd understand
>>
>>70879529
Never fucking reply to me again unless you're contributing to the thread.
>>
>>70878667
this desu, he'd splash his tv as soon as he saw bateman getting pussy
>>
>>70879629
Nigger I said it wasn't concrete, and honestly before seeing the movie I had never heard Sussudio and we're about the same age.
>>
>>70879468
Animated works can't be kino.
>>
>>70879688
>At father’s house, we watched the movie Alpha Dog after dinner one night. This movie depicts a lot of teenagers and young people partying and having sex with beautiful girls, living the life that I’ve desired for so long. The main character is a fifteen year old kid who has sex with two hot girls in a swimming pool. I was so envious that I delighted in his death at the end. I remember thinking that I would rather live his life than mine, even though he died. He had sex and I didn’t. The movie deeply affected me emotionally and I would think about it for some time afterwards.

Just looked up this "movie" too, it's a flick. What a pleb.
>>
>>70879887
He liked Game of Thrones too.
>>
File: got gotta finish book.png (163 KB, 694x421) Image search: [Google]
got gotta finish book.png
163 KB, 694x421
>>70880081
He was lucky he didn't see the shitshow that it has degenerated into.
>>
"At friend's place we watched a movie called American Psycho. The man have sex with girls and I didn't. I am envious of him. But I didn't understand the ending. Did he kill those women or is that all his fantasies?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.