[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this the best portrait of a Trans person in movie history
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4
File: Christian Weston Chandler.jpg (122 KB, 1401x788) Image search: [Google]
Christian Weston Chandler.jpg
122 KB, 1401x788
Is this the best portrait of a Trans person in movie history?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRqXBsgnYok
>>
>>70876643

Bait

But its explicitly sated in the film that buffalo bill isn't trans, so if you have never seen the movie than yeah, perfect portrait.
>>
File: 1465787840521.png (71 KB, 207x221) Image search: [Google]
1465787840521.png
71 KB, 207x221
>>70876643
hhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmm
>>
>>70876643

Thing is in the book he is was denied the treatment because he failed the requisite mental health test for gender reassignment.
>>
File: image.png (41 KB, 930x794) Image search: [Google]
image.png
41 KB, 930x794
>>70876643
>movie explicitly states he was rejected by shrinks as not actually trans, just crazy
>lol is this a good depiction of trans people
>>
File: 1335236856548.jpg (76 KB, 239x239) Image search: [Google]
1335236856548.jpg
76 KB, 239x239
>>70876676
>he's not trans
>he just identifies as a woman

Can't make this shit up.
>>
So long after its release

I still saw a guy complaining the demonization of transsexuals in that movie.
>>
>>70876676
>>70876678
>>70876795

But this is exactly how people are doing these days. They don't go to psychiatrists or whatever, the just start wearing womans clothes and taking hormones.
>>
>>70876861
Has the suicide rate doubled?
>>
>>70876643
He may well have been trans, but he was also a mentally damaged psychopath.
>>
>>70876799

>I know what I'll do, I'll completely ignore everything in your post and continue being a fucking retard XD

kill yourself
>>
>>70877107

What's the difference?
>>
>>70877327
Psychopathy implies diminished capacity for empathy, transexualism doesn't (as far as I know).
>>
They added a line in Hannibals lines to state that he is not a transsexual hoping that no one gets offended.

>certified by Hannibal Lecter
>>
>>70876643

>person

You silly bastard, they're not people.
>>
>>70877684
Starlin: "Transvesties aren't violent"
Lecter: "He is not a transvestite. He thinks he is one. He thinks he is many things this life."

Fuck this PC shit
>>
>>70876643
>not posting the most transkino scene from that movie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOG-JGtdAGI
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh5d1WU3XO8
>>
>>70876643
No, Bill's not openly a fascist.
>>
I found out he was captain stottlemeyer from monk and laughed heartily.

I guess that makes him a good actor
>>
>>70878087

this isn't a pc line
this line in fact seriously pisses off sjw.
the film's portrayal of bill caused such a backlash at the time the director had protesters at oscars.
had to please the queers by making philadelphia as his follow up.
>>
>>70876643
I want a block at Figueroa and 5th and I want a block northbound
>>
Best portrait of a NEET more like it.
>>
>>70876676
In the books he was denied hormones and surgery because of mental illness so he starts making his women suit to complete his transformation.

Bill is trans, he wants to be a women and is slowly transitioning into one.
Red Dragon and Silence of the lamb's villains were both about transformation.
>>
>>70878791
Sure he is

Would be disappointed if he is type casted by this
>>
>>70876676

He is

They just denied him surgery due to being fucking insane in other areas
>>
>>70878087
Lecter is highly intelligent. He knows that Bill has mental problems.
>>
Back then he wasn't "trans" because he was never diagnosed as such, but nowadays the idea that you're only "really trans" if a doctor says you are is seen as evil fascist gatekeeping and you're trans if you believe you are no mater what, so yes he is "trans" by modern standards.
>>
>>70876795
But arent trans crazy
>>
>>70880789
But he is a murderer and lecter explicitly states that he isn't trans because he's like this about many things, like, oh like a mental patient.
>>
>>70882698
no dismembering yourself and taking carcinogenic drugs then becoming regretful and killing yourself in a few years is completely normal
>>
I seen a trans for the first time in my life the other day. Talk about fucking awkward. I thought it was just a meme.
>>
>>70876643
Yes.
>>
>>70876643
IT PUTS THE LOTION ON ITS SKIN OR ELSE IT GETS THE HOSE AGAIN
>>
>>70876676
but lecter says he thinks he is, which is the same issue with all the genderfluid faggots these days who think sexuality is a special snowflakism
>>
>>70884103

reminder most trans people never get sexual reassignment surgery and its the most normal thing in clapistan to shovel cancerous garbage into your body every day
>>
>>70877107
No need to repeat yourself
>>
>>70876795

>"you arent crazy enough for us to believe you think you are actually a woman"
>>
>>70876643

No because he's not a fascist who assaults people over micro agressions.
>>
>>70884103
too real
>>
his performance in this was quite memorable, right up there with Hopkins
>>
>>70884794
you realize shitposting like this just encourages real retards to flock here?
>>
>>70876795
> by shrinks as not actually trans, just crazy

This is the same thing. There is not such thing as "actually trans"

It's all feminized boys with no physical activity and estrogen in the food/water
>>
>>70885597
This
>>
>>70885597
>>70885797
>t. Psychologists
>>
>>70885844
ftm's are a tiny fraction of trans people.
there is something horribly wrong with our environment. some black science dude even pointed it out, hey there's a feminizing pesticide that europe banned but we're still using it, might wanna... stop doing that.
but hey it's okay to be a woman with a penis. whatever, i think they're kinda hot anyway.
but then again i also like tap water.
>>
why can't trans people just be like "yeah im a man that wants to act and look like a woman, go fuck yourself."
i think this would solve most of their problems. Especially going into the future when maybe surgery could to the point where the only distinguishing features between a woman and mtf trans is that the woman can have children.
>>
>>70876643
yes, insofar as he's depicted as being mentally ill
>>
>>70887203
In the future, hopefully what ever neurological problem causes gender dysphoria is accurately classified, and cured/treated.
>>
>>70876799
Retard
>>
>>70876643
I don't know about specific term "Trans" ,but this dude, Buffalo Bill in the film, was driven by particular motivation to commit the crime which i think is the awesome depiction of the sinner. This kind role don't come around so often Y'know. It may look & sound so terribly bad, but a person who mimic this needs a great deal of skill.
>>
>>70876799
Lecter himself diagnoses him as not trans. Are you calling Lecter incompetent?
>>
I'd like a sequel where buffalo bill makes his skin outfit and wears it around town
Maybe goes to the bar and picks up a guy
It could be a romantic comedy

>he's not a real trans because he's mentally ill
LOL
>>
>>70887355
that makes sense but I don't know if it's more likely.
I imagine eventually the lines between transitioning for treatment or fetishism will be blurred.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.