[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gambon Dumbledore: >Words are, in my not-so-humble opinion,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: dumbledore.png (506 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
dumbledore.png
506 KB, 600x400
Gambon Dumbledore:

>Words are, in my not-so-humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic. Capable of both inflicting injury, and remedying it.

Harris Dumbledore

>Fuck Slytherin, 170 points to Gryffindor
>>
HOWEVER
O
W
E
V
E
R
>>
File: 1465793185772.jpg (201 KB, 873x1830) Image search: [Google]
1465793185772.jpg
201 KB, 873x1830
Remember /tv/
Only you can save our board from the poopskin /v/witter cancer.
https://twitter.com/herssoncruz/status/741817818975342592
>>
>>70875934
Harris is prettier and gambon has shit hair and talks too slow and whispy

fucker could never do battle
>>
>>70875951
What a dick
>>
>>70875990
Harris is the one that talks slow and wispy
>>
>>70875934
Neither of them was a good Dumbledore.
>>
>>70876599
cast a better dumbledore
>>
>>70876659
Ian Mckellen :))))))))))))))
>>
>>70876659
some black transgender women with disability and cocaine addiction
>>
File: 1435503341772.jpg (405 KB, 823x1024) Image search: [Google]
1435503341772.jpg
405 KB, 823x1024
>>70876708
A slightly younger Ian McKellan would've been perfect. I really think they got Dumbledore wrong by casting him as such an old man. Dumbledore from the books always seemed to be old but somehow young seeming. And he was supposed to be tall and skinny, always calm and collected, and have a sense of humour. A pic related-type would've been better, I think.
>>
Mormont from game of throns
>>
>>70876659
Idris Elba
>>
>>70875988
>He doesn't like howeverposting

You're just not feelin' the latest hot meme, friend
>>
>>70876867
This.

Harris was a great choice for dumbledore however once you read about him dueling voldemort with lightning fast reflexes it becomes harder to imagine.
>>
File: 1465146102726.jpg (1 MB, 1616x2864) Image search: [Google]
1465146102726.jpg
1 MB, 1616x2864
HOWEVER...
you, dragon malfoy, were in one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.
>>
>>70876990
It's dumbleposting retard.
>>
File: average-neotv-poster.jpg (70 KB, 323x323) Image search: [Google]
average-neotv-poster.jpg
70 KB, 323x323
>>70876990
>supporting memes made on board invaded by /v/ and r*ddit scum
Hello picture related
>>
>>70877188
Hey idiot, calling it Dumbleposting restricts its potential. I've seen other anons make hilarious use of howeverposting without actually relating it to Harry Potter at all. There was a political example for some shit UK party.
>>
"It does not do to dwell on memes, and forget to shitpost".
>>
>>70877222
>Implying it wasn't already invaded by the time the holiest meme was born, Baneposting

Stop being a fucking tryhard, faggot
>>
>>70877188
>>70877252
>NAMEposting
You're both meme tourist cancer that need to go back to whatever board they crawled out of.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.