[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>socially anxious Chad >epic wealth redistribution >SUPER
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (89 KB, 600x549) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89 KB, 600x549
>socially anxious Chad
>epic wealth redistribution
>SUPER EVIL MEGACORP
>(edgy music)

Why do people like this again?
>>
>>70868925
>Socially anxious
>Chad

Pick one.
>>
>>70868925
The story was fun to follow. No one ever argued it was deep.
>>
>>70868942
Chad. He's not remotely socially anxious.

>inb4 redditards who come and talk about something they know nothing about
>>
It had a good start, looks good visually, and I'm hoping he'll get btfo by the rich fags next season, but not that good, yeah.
>>
>>70868987
>he's not remotely socially anxious

Watch the show before commenting, buddy
>>
>>70868987
>actually picking one
>>
>>70869010
I did. He acts like what chad thinks socially anxious people look like.
>>
>>70868998
I'll freely concede that the show does look stunning. No one can deny that.
>>
File: 9415098.jpg.png (211 KB, 327x316) Image search: [Google]
9415098.jpg.png
211 KB, 327x316
>bad guys are literally named Evil Corp
>>
>>70868987
>calls people redditards
>posts most redditard comment today
go sniff a queef
>>
>>70869079
E Corp, senpai. Chad just perceives them as "evil" corp
>>
>>70869095
Choke yourself with your balls idiot
>>
>>70869079
>what is paying attention to show
Evil Corp is what the main char calls them, you idiot. He explains this in the first episode. Their real name is E Corp.
>>
Hes not a chad but everyone else in the show reacts to him like hes a chad
>>
great thread OP, you sound like a mad little bitch
>>
>>70868925
Not sure, could get past the third episode. The protagonist ruins it, like the writers couldn't decide on his characterization. Is he a cool vigilante who bangs hot chicks and saves the world or is he a lonely autist with no friends that hates the world? What we're left with is a completely ridiculous character that isn't remotely interesting or likable
>>
>>70869210
BUTTHURT HACKER BRO INCOMING
>>
>>70868925
in what way is Rami a chad?

he's cute af but he doesn't come off as a Chad
>>
Normalfags : The show
>>
This thread is hilarious. OP got bullied by some nerd in school, so all these tough computer geeks are Chad now.

Fucking pussy
>>
>>70868987
>>70868942

He has social anxiety but he also has the huge advantage of being physically attractive.
It's so ridiculously easy to have sex with a woman when you're attractive.
>>
>>70869591
Take a look at him, friend, and tell me he isn't a chad.
>>
>>70869591
What? Apply yourself, because this shitpost barely even smells
>>
>>70870159
>It's so ridiculously easy to have sex with a woman when you're attractive and confident
ftfy

Doesn't matter how good-looking you are unless you have confidence to go with it
>>
>>70870271
Hes not a chad?
>>
>>70869056
heres a truth
>>
>>70870399
Oh ok, you're just shitposting.

But I respect those dubs, so I can't hate you.
>>
>>70870399
hes the biggest chad on television. thats the point.
>fucks his drug dealer
>smart, good looking
>has stable job and friends
>>
the gay sex obviously
>>
File: Man-crying-in-love-1.jpg (103 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Man-crying-in-love-1.jpg
103 KB, 500x500
>>70870159
>tfw both
>tfw no puss for me
>>
>>70868987
The scene in the first episode where he couldn't go into the pub was unconfortably close. But after that they just kinda dropped the idea. I guess it wouldn't have made great TV for him to hide in his room all day.
>>
>>70868925
You pretty much got all the reasons. Is this bait?
>>
File: frogfu.jpg (175 KB, 640x1112) Image search: [Google]
frogfu.jpg
175 KB, 640x1112
>>70868925
Because he's a cutie <3
>>
>>70870567
Jesus, go jerk off to him already and delete this thread
>>
>Chad
>>
>>70870567
>>fucks his drug dealer
That's more "crackwhore" than "Chad".
>>
If Elliott is a "Chad", than I'm a god damn Casanova
>>
>>70873792
Show me your dick then you fucking faggot. I dare you
>>
Rewatched this series again today.

I love how much Esmail draws inspiration and even outright callouts to Kubrick
>>
>>70869591
i, too, succumbed to the tyranny of the ruling class of popular comp sci, math and book nerds in high school
>>
Did anyone else get upset that this movie is a blatant rip off of Fight Club?

It's Hacker Club and nothing more. The unique elements they tried to add to it (the incompetent business man and his sociopath wife) were the worst parts of the show.
>>
>>70875002
you're a plebe of the highest order if the only reference you can pull from the show is Fight Club
>>
>somewhere out there people unironically use the word "chad" as a derogatory term for people that have normal social relationships
This is genuinely sad.
>>
>>70875205
shut up chad or I'm going to slap you with math book after class
>>
>>70875121
Definitely

>>70875002
Leave this board and don't come back until you actually know what you're talking about
>>
>>70875121

Literally every major plot point is stolen from Fight Club.

Protagonist works a boring office job and has a pretty shitty life. They're invited to join a group which it later turns out they schizophrenically started themselves. The end goal of this group was to destroy credit history and free everyone from debt which is ultimately successful. The protagonist realizes that they're schizophrenic and goes with it even afterwards.

I'm not saying some of the cinematography wasn't great or even that the show was necessarily bad (I watched all of the first season) but to claim that it's even a tiny bit creative or original is to give them far too much credit for cloning a story, a tone and an aesthetic that was made by much better filmmakers.
>>
File: I'm Already Complete.jpg (403 KB, 1162x960) Image search: [Google]
I'm Already Complete.jpg
403 KB, 1162x960
But can he write a GUI in visual basic?
>>
File: disgusting.gif (1 MB, 268x300) Image search: [Google]
disgusting.gif
1 MB, 268x300
>>70868925
>Not liking Mr Robot.
>>
>>70875407
Sam Esmail made the series as a comprehensive plot referencing a number of prior films that he melded to make enjoyable.

The plot point that he had an "imaginary friend" and the concept of wiping the debt are the only things he copied from fight club. And it's not even like he tried to hide it, because in the most fight club-esque episode he literally used a classical version of "Where is My Mind"

Aside from that little bit from Fight Club, you completely neglect the fact that his biggest inspiration throughout the entire series was Kubrick. So much of that single point parallelism was reminscient of his style. Also, he clearly is using Kubrick's movie music CONSTANTLY He directly aped concepts from Kubrick as an ode to him. There were atleast 3 or 4 in the final episode.

Additionally you have a number of references to Aronofsky's work as well.

I'm on the fence if Tyrell Welleck is supposed to be more Patrick Bateman, or if it's a weird cross between that and A Clockwork Orange

The fact you focus on fight club just tells me that you really weren't able to catch anything else, yet wanted to feel superior for recognizing that it was Fight Club so you call it out for that.

You're wrong. you're a plebe. you're what's wrong with influx of mainstream plebe fags on this board. You belong in a capeshit thread until you actually know what you're talking about.
>>
>>70875407
>every major plot point

>completely neglects Shayla and Angela's plotlines

Just go man. you're just making things worse for yourself
>>
>>70875407
it uses fight club to deconstruct anti-establishment shit
>>
Capitalism is trash.
>>
>>70868987
> >inb4 redditards who come and talk about something they know nothing about

But us 4channers know everything about being socially inept, huh guise?
>>
>>70875655
Well put

>>70875407
You're so wrong it's not even funny

>every major plot point

You're just embarrassing yourself. even on a board that considers Kubrick lovers plebe because he's so accessible, you don't even reach that level. You disgust me
>>
>>70875655

You brush off the imaginary friend plot line, and wiping the debt out as if that isn't the central plot point of the entire show. Not to mention the fact that that the entire anti-consumerist and anti-corporate tone is the basis of Fight Club.

Should I even mention the fact that for some reason you believe making references to great artists makes this show great art? References are what wanna be creatives do so that they can feel superior and can act like there's deep meaning to their work when it's really just a mile wide and and an inch deep bullshit.

If anything it really cements in his total lack of originality that the only positive things you can say about his show are where different aspects of it are stolen from. The fact that he's creatively dead and rips off other artists to make a commercially successful product is hilariously the antithesis of the moral of the show.

But feel free to post on /tv/ about how other people are plebes for not enjoying the Frankenstein monster of a show that is Mr. Robot using your pompous (and fictional) terminology.

I'll enjoy being called a mainstream plebe by the guy who sucks the dick of one of the most popular shows of the year.
>>
>>70875732

Notice how I said major plot point?
>>
If he's a Chad then standards have really dropped then.
>>
So if he's a chad then you're saying he's in the same league as fucking Channing Tatum
>>
>>70875995
>I'll enjoy being called a mainstream plebe by the guy who sucks the dick of one of the most popular shows of the year.
He's not talking about Game of Thrones though
>>
>>70875995

Buddy just stop.

I'm not even the guy that posted that long bit, you're just coming across even more dumb refusing to admit how wrong you are for coming on tv not even recognizing the show's other influences or even tht it deconstructs whole idea of anti-establishment anti-consumerism in the final episode.
Not only that but I don't know what you're talking about when you say the guys using fictional terminology. Go back to red dit. I too hate the fucking influx of Fags during GoT season who know nothing about film aside from the /r/movies tier "good movies" shit
>>
>>70876231

One of:

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/usas-mr-robot-ratings-steady-in-finale-1201585235/

It was one of the top shows of the year but many would prefer thinking of themselves as profound undergrounders liking a show that is hugely popular. It's like 13 year old girls who put on big glasses and call themselves nerds talking about how Han shot first in Star Trek.
>>
>>70876378
No one said anything about being profound undergrounders. It is a popular show clearly because we pointed out that it did so many different things well. Otherwise mainstream fags like you would never have watched it.

I personally enjoy the show because I thought it was well written, decently acted, and expertly shot.

I also enjoy it catching all the references to scenes, styles, and concepts from a lot of really influential directors in a way that's not just mimicking, but rather taking the theory and applying it rationally and effectively to different material.
>>
>>70876302

I never said that it didn't have other influences? I just said that it's other influences are vastly outweighed by the 800 pound Fight Club gorilla in the room.

But if you can't respond to any of my other points that fine, you don't have to.

How did the show deconstruct anti-establishment or anti-consumerist ideals whatsoever in the final episode? It plowed forward with the same fervor that it always has.

Google single point parallelism and I'm quite sure you'll find that no one uses the term. Parallelism is a thing but adding extraneous words to a literary concept doesn't make you a valid critic.

I again put forward that making references does not make good art, just pretentious art.
>>
>>70868925
Calling this guy a Chad is either blatant bait or really fucking bad judge of character.

He's a manlet Egyptian with a drug and social problem.

He's even been friendzoned by that blonde girl.
>>
>>70870159
that's not true at all
>>
I don't think Elliot is a Chad
>Only 1 friend
>Friend-zoned
>Has been cucked by Ollie for 2 years straight
>Appears at least moderately poor
>Lives in a crappy apartment covered in dog poo
>Horrible sense in fashion
>So lonely he has to make up an imaginary friend
>Drug addict
>Only woman he can score is a drug dealer
>Raised by single mom
>Wants to bang his sister
>Unresolved mommy and daddy issues
>Mentally unstable
>Forced to see psychiatrist
>Brown manlet
>>
>>70868925
>have apartment
>good looking women chill there
>get laid
>not talking like he is on 4chan
why do people like this again?
>>
>>70876496

When I'm being called a mainstream plebe it would indicate that people who believe the opposite of what I believe are not mainstream, the non mainstream is typically considered 'underground'.

You're well within your rights to enjoy it, I never said you shouldn't. I watched the whole first season and will probably watch the second but I have no problem also accepting that it's good because like a person tracing a skilled artists' drawing, it's not that hard when there's an excellent base that is being copied.
>>
this thread is now mine
everyone start LOSTposting now
>>
>>70868925
you can say that about most tv shows today, friendo
>>
>>70876623
I meant to put single point perspective. I was also taught that it's referred to parallelism as well because of how Kubrick loved for the shot to be commonly symmetrical.

So 1, try google single point perspective Kubrick and rewatch the show. If you had scene any of his movies and knew what you were talking about you'd understand.

You're impossible to reason with because you clearly you don't get that simply just because all you recognize is Fight Club, doesn't mean it's the most relevant or even the most prevalent reference in the film. There's an entire episode that's nothing but Requiem for a Dream basically. As well as a lot of Black Swan references with Darlene and Angela. Fight Club is maybe the third most referenced thing in the show well behind Kubrick and Aronofsky.

And it deconstructs it when he starts talking about how it's a bad idea, how things aren't going to go well. The group of hackers sitting in the room not celebrating because they realize what they've actually done. How that's only going to spiral as we move into season 2. How the company is going to just be moving on not destroyed in Ep.10 (especially evidenced in that Eyes Wide Shut esque press conference scene).

I'm done responding to you. you're one of those people who doesn't know what they're talking about, but are convinced that their opinion is sufficient to not have to consider others at all as being correct showing that you're wrong.
>>
>>70876709
>not talking like he is on 4chan
That's why
>>
>>70876820

>I meant to put single point perspective. I was also taught that it's referred to parallelism as well because of how Kubrick loved for the shot to be commonly symmetrical.

Typos are fair enough. It's not though.

I don't need to Google anything because I already know what you're talking about. I get that you think "If only he knew the references he'd get why Mr Reference is a great show!" But here's the thing: I do get the references, I just don't care because they are not creative and they are not art. If references was the pinnacle of creativity we would all be studying Family Guy right now.

You keep saying that i'm making assertions that there are no other references in the show. Did I at any point do that? Please stop arguing against something that I've never said. I could see where that would be frustrating for you.

Let's do some math:

Elements of Fight Club are referenced in all ten episodes.

Some things are referenced at various points throughout the show in individual (or a few individual) episodes.

10 > individual/a few.

Therefore Fight Club is the reigning reference of the show. I don't know why this is offensive to you. It's not offensive, Esmail even admits it. The real test will be to see where they go with the show in the second season. Will they go in a new and creative direction following the follow out of major markets and debt deletion? Very possibly. I suppose we'll have to wait and find out.
>>
>>70877162

>And it deconstructs it when he starts talking about how it's a bad idea, how things aren't going to go well.

Getting cold feet is not a deconstruction of the anti-establishment/consumerist message. They didn't make any creative argument about why the establishment might be good, they just got scared but ultimately went through with it. No one is surprised that it was a scary thing for them to finally do, and to imply they at all took a step back from their anti-establishment/consumerist point of view is ridiculous. Besides (and here you'll get mad) Fight Club ended without a celebration too after a big attempt to stop it from happening ;D.

>I'm done responding to you. you're one of those people who doesn't know what they're talking about, but are convinced that their opinion is sufficient to not have to consider others at all as being correct showing that you're wrong.

That's fine if you don't want to respond anymore but that's more of a sign that you're unwilling to listen to others opinions than me. I've responded to your points but you've yet to respond to mine.

Here's the gist: References do not make art, it only makes for pretentious reviews.

Feel free to argue that they are art instead of just a lesser creative tracing a giants hand.
>>
>>70876820

This is as much a deconstruction of anti-establishment ideas as Frodo being afraid to bring the ring to Mordor was a deconstruction of the importance of destroying Sauron.
>>
>>70876820
>>70875655

are you really asserting that people won't get references to maybe the most famous directors work and some of the most famous movies in the history of cinema?
>>
>>70869056
This lads
>>
>>70869177
>He's not a chad, everyone just treats him like one
>>
>>70875205
Go back to rebbit Chad faggot
>>
I like it.

I like that even though the main character is all "fuck corporations", he's actually a mentally ill schizo with aspergers.
I also like that the other main character is a handsome borderline psychotic wallstreet cliche who somehow ends up apparently joining forces with the other main character (even though I'm sure theres probably going to be a divide this season).

And I have a feeling E Corp isn't actually going to end up being the bad guys.

Well shot, good characters, good music, plays with its cliches and references a lot, knows exactly what it is.
>>
>>70878014

My prediction for season 2 is that it will be the ending of Network. We're gonna get to 'look behind the curtain' at the people pulling the strings of the giant corporations etc. and Angela is gonna be the inside person that shows it to us with Elliot playing the role of the angry Howard Beale. Possibly with the Bateman rip off using Elliot the same way Beale was used.
>>
His name is Elliot not Chad
>>
>>70877861
Get a life son, or go back to r9k I'm not going to make you choose.
>>
>>70870567
>friends

literally in the first episode he describes how he gathers information on everybody he meets and usually comes to dislike them because he regular uncovers their deepest, darkest secrets.he's emotionally jaded.
>>
best description I've ever seen of the show is "fight club meets the big bang theory."

If you think that's a good thing end yourself.
>>
>>70878764

lol don't cut yourself on that edge
>>
Mr Robot triggers /v/tards so hard holy shit
>>
Elliot is a chad, I can confirm.

T. Faggot
>>
>>70878764
u forgot dexter
>>
>think this show is going to be cool because it's about hacking and seems to be somewhat based on reality
>turns out to be another mental hangup hallucination thriller that is boring as fuck

no thanks
>>
>>70870635

you're prob not attractive then.
>>
>>70880218
>>70879317
>>70878764
(You)
>>
>>70868987
He is though, the girls chase after him for his dick, he's not the one being picking them up.
>>
>>70880927
>He thinks le epic plot twists make a good story
>>
File: mr robot.jpg (84 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
mr robot.jpg
84 KB, 1600x900
What board does he browse?
>>
>>70881863
/fit/
>>
>>70870159
>he also has the huge advantage of being physically attractive.

Wtf. He has weird bug eyes, as if his mom got sprayed by agent orange while pregnant with him.

What kind of a freak do you have to be to call our generation's Marty Feldman "physically attractive"?
>>
>>70881863
/lgbt/ obv
>>
>Man is a master of his fate
>Woman always initiates sex

The hallmark of terrible writing.
Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.